Feel good picture and tweet from Peter King

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Hey cut the big guy some slack, he had both hips replaced the last year.

Must be hard to keep your weight down when you retire and go through two surgeries like that.

Not like he can go jogging! :D

A

Anonymous

He got a new haircut too. Shorter than I've seen before.

I don't see any crutches or a walker.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm sure Holmy's doing just fine. Had two fantastic runs with two separate franchises. Had a hand in developing some of the greatest QBs of all time and a couple great HCs (Gruden and Reid). Still beloved in Seattle, and I'm sure most folks remember him fondly in Green Bay as well (doesn't he still have a street named after him over there?). The man had a fantastic football career. Fantastic on the radio, too.

irocdave

Reaction score
Holmy does his best not to step on toes around the Vmac and it sounds difficult for him to do that. I had a bunch of idle time this weekend camping without a social media devise and pondered this question. Would Pete let Holmy give a pre game speech? I think it would be awesome for the current players but then again it would be stepping in to Pete's HC world. I think MH would love it and the players would feed off it, thoughts??

Steve2222

Reaction score
irocdave":2iplgszp said:
Holmy does his best not to step on toes around the Vmac and it sounds difficult for him to do that. I had a bunch of idle time this weekend camping without a social media devise and pondered this question. Would Pete let Holmy give a pre game speech? I think it would be awesome for the current players but then again it would be stepping in to Pete's HC world. I think MH would love it and the players would feed off it, thoughts??

I don't think Pete would have an issue with that.

irocdave

Reaction score
Couple more random thoughts on the big show since this thread is about him. When he was hired the hawks had been hosed out of a win against the Jets, Vinny Interceptionverdes head crossed the goal line but the ball didn't. IIRC, the Hawks lost the last game of the year and the BS loss against the Jets didn't factor in to missing the playoffs. The Hawks had been so bad under the previous ownership and the fraud that was the great HC Thom Flores.

Dennis E (home town guy) had turned the roster over and the Hawks looked like they were going in the right direction. Dennis E got a DUI and was canned, MH was the big name signing the new owner ( Paul Allen) was looking for. I was skeptical and watched Holmy dismantle a wild card playoff team the next year. I was pissed off at his arrogance. Still remember meeting several Packers fans in Cancun the following year and telling them they could have their coach back. MH delivered though. The Hawks should have won the SB. They were better than the Steelers.

The other thing I remember from the MH era is that my dad called me one night in early 2003 and said he ran in to MH. I asked him where and he said the parking lot of QFC in downtown Kirkland. I asked him what they talked about. My dad said this " I didn't talk to him, I ran a stop sign in the parking lot and MH was out in the crosswalk and I almost ran him over". " MH slammed his fist down on the hood of my truck and stared at me". Lol, he then said "he's a BIG dude". MH didn't go off or anything but my dad ( who isn't a small man either ) was surprised at MH's stature and was shocked at what happened.

I laughed and told my dad he was really lucky he didn't hurt him, he would have had to move and change his name. Imagine running over MH?

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Such disrespectful comments about the coach that took us from mediocre to SB XL

brettb3

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":26n5sh6f said:
Feel kinda bad for him. Relatively forgotten in GB because he "deserted" them, CLE was a fiasco, and Pete Carroll is tromping all over his legacy here.

He must feel pretty washed up. No wonder his weight is up--life is no longer the spicy meatball it once was.
Wow, really? He has a street named after him in GB and won them a freaking championship. I highly doubt they've forgotten him. With the Hawks he was the one who raised everyone's expectations around here and took us to our first Bowl. Carroll will go down as our greatest coach, but that doesn't diminish Holmgren's legacy one bit.

gargantual

Reaction score
Yup. He brought us further and did more to bring notice and respectability to the team than any coach before him. He still holds a very dear place in my heart and I will always respect him.

Thanks for all you accomplished Holmy...

halfrack

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":l2nitdxj said:
Right after this he went and freebased a ham.

Foul! Everyone knows you don't freebase a ham. You "smoke" it. God bless you Mike.

kearly

Reaction score
Nothing but love for Holmgren. It is amazing to think about how Pete Carroll has been so much better, but that's no slight on the Walrus. We're just insanely lucky to get these two coaches almost back to back.

To anyone who's anti-Holmgren... whatever, it's a free country. But if you are in that crowd, at least be consistent and don't go bragging to 49ers fans about Seattle's six division crowns since realignment. Because Holmy kinda had something to do with that.

halfrack

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":wxpoidda said:
halfrack":wxpoidda said:
NorthDallas40oz":wxpoidda said:

Foul! Everyone knows you don't freebase a ham. You "smoke" it. God bless you Mike.

Not sure that you understand what freebasing is.

Actually I do. Just a dumb joke about the term "smoked ham". I for one thought it was hilarious. Probably the only one too. Oh well.

Dismas

Reaction score
halfrack":269rgidz said:
CurryStopstheRuns":269rgidz said:
halfrack":269rgidz said:
NorthDallas40oz":269rgidz said:

Not sure that you understand what freebasing is.

Actually I do. Just a dumb joke about the term "smoked ham". I for one thought it was hilarious. Probably the only one too. Oh well.

I'll second the smokes ham joke . . . I got it, and chuckled a little, even

A

Anonymous

It is tough to admit, and something (as a fan) I'm not that proud of, but I came close to finding something else to do with my Sundays during the Erickson era. The arrival of Holmgren changed everything for me. Nothing but respect here.

Had a few things gone much differently... (ahemmm, Ruskell...) he might still be patrolling the sidelines today. Loved Holmy's style of coaching. Few were craftier at designing and calling plays that exposed weaknesses in a defense as Holmgren.

kamikazehawk

Reaction score
Hey maybe if Bevell takes a HC job somewhere Holmy can come back and OC for Pete ;)

Latest posts