Fire Pete

Fade

Reaction score
Optimus25":22v7caid said:
Jeez. Go visit cowboys zone if you want to see true meltdown and complete disarray.

We were one game from the playoffs last year, a position we truly didn't even belong in with the crap play all year.

Name the franchise not named new England who hasn't been in the dumps for a year or two every once in awhile.

And then remember new England gets the bs luxury of the afc east, the biggest joke of a division in the history of the league.

Reminder it was the year after the super bowl the Panthers went what?, 2-14?

NFL= not for long for a distinct reason. Winning for nearly a decade equals harder schedule, cap hits out the wazoo, lower and lower draft picks, the great big bulls eye on your back every week, and oh by the way, our vets who stuck around have nearly played an entire extra season in wear and tear due to post season games than players who haven't played post season football.

Pete will adjust and we'll be right there for the wild card. Probably won't get in, but that's still an accomplishment in this league.

iu

I have been waiting for him to adjust for 5 years.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3l8bqlow said:
Fade":3l8bqlow said:
Year of The Hawk":3l8bqlow said:
Fade":3l8bqlow said:
Sometime when you win you really lose. And sometime when you lose you really win.

The seahawks lost all over the place today. Will Dissly, Earl Thomas, setting offensive football back 50 yrs, clock management, 3rd down playcalling, etc.

The Seahawks won the game, but in the grand picture they really lost. Just like last year in AZ.

Fire Pete might be a little too pre-emptive at this juncture. But analytically Pete is trending towards being fired at the end of the year. The offense is schematically designed to not score points, but to run for the sake of running, except when you should run. Then you go empty, and have everyone run deep. Dumb.

For those that want a name. John DeFilippo.

A win is a win. The only thing we lost in this victory was Earl Thomas. Yes there are lots of things to fix but you get those in either a win or a loss. I would rather have an ugly win than a pretty loss. As another poster mentioned earlier we have new players and coaches. Things need time to gel. We won despite that.

How come McVay didn't need time to gel? He inhereted the 32nd ranked offense. In his 1st year I believe they led the league in scoring.
I do not deny Pete can build a solid defense, his specialty is not offense so he is pretty much inept at innovating and evolving by using more exotic packages. Pete is not that guy.

McVay, is an offensive guru and he understands offenses and making them super exciting to watch, but for the first month the Rams defense has not been stellar and that's because McVay doesn't specialize in defense.

I personally believe if you have an 80 or however million dollar QB, you should just my opinion, make the QB run some high powered offenses. But that's just me. I mean what exactly are you paying the man for??? To run the ball and play solid defense??? Gtfo.

Perhaps because we overpaid terribly w/that $80million contract and it, along with the SB loss, has soured the team ever since and people are finally more willing to admit it?

Maybe? Just maybe?

GO HAWKS!

OP
OP
hawkcrazzed

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
When it comes to offense and Defense what have we heard from everybody pete is a ill do it my way
beat me at it well they are beating us all over the field he won't change so its time to move on

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Fade":3djz4s8p said:
poly1274":3djz4s8p said:
PC and JS were the first one in this franchise that got us the first Superbowl Win. And now you want him gone?

Tim Ruskell got the Seahawks to the franchises 1st Superbowl. Why did they fire him?

Because over an extended period of time, he proved to not be very good.

With Pete it is definitely trickier, because of how good he is at coaching defense, but he cancels that all out with the mistakes he has consistently made for a half-decade in terms of offensive scheming, and personnel decisions.

Pete is pretty much Jeff Fisher at this point only with slicker, crooked politician presentation. Give Jeff Fisher Russell Wilson, and give Pete Carroll the likes of Case Kennum, Austin Davis, Nick Foles, etc. and Pete would be going 7-9. Hell Pete is probably going to finish under 7-9 this year with Russell Wilson.

-It's either-

A) Pete has been the same guy the whole time, and caught lightning in a bottle (2010-2012). With diminishing returns ever since.

-or-

B) Pete has gotten too old, and the game has passed him by. (It has for him on offense, and game management for sure.)

Regardless of which you choose it leads down the same path. Fired.

Pete is going to get the rest of this season to show if he can get the team to turn the corner. It also what I want to happen, but if it continues the way it is going, it is not looking good for Pete Carroll.

Tim Ruskell had very little to do with the Super Bowl XL team. He was hired in the offseason leading up to that Super Bowl season. That was clearly Holmgrens team. Ruskell gets credit for making a few FA moves but the core of that team was already in place.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
hawkcrazzed":6qvflehx said:
When it comes to offense and Defense what have we heard from everybody pete is a ill do it my way
beat me at it well they are beating us all over the field he won't change so its time to move on

Agreed. He bought himself some time with another season by overhauling the coaching staff but the results are repeating themselves so, yes, it's time for him to move on. Unlikely to happen mid season of course but fewer and fewer fans will want to see Pete version 2019 next fall...

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1fok5fwo said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1fok5fwo said:
Fade":1fok5fwo said:
Year of The Hawk":1fok5fwo said:
A win is a win. The only thing we lost in this victory was Earl Thomas. Yes there are lots of things to fix but you get those in either a win or a loss. I would rather have an ugly win than a pretty loss. As another poster mentioned earlier we have new players and coaches. Things need time to gel. We won despite that.

How come McVay didn't need time to gel? He inhereted the 32nd ranked offense. In his 1st year I believe they led the league in scoring.
I do not deny Pete can build a solid defense, his specialty is not offense so he is pretty much inept at innovating and evolving by using more exotic packages. Pete is not that guy.

McVay, is an offensive guru and he understands offenses and making them super exciting to watch, but for the first month the Rams defense has not been stellar and that's because McVay doesn't specialize in defense.

I personally believe if you have an 80 or however million dollar QB, you should just my opinion, make the QB run some high powered offenses. But that's just me. I mean what exactly are you paying the man for??? To run the ball and play solid defense??? Gtfo.

Perhaps because we overpaid terribly w/that $80million contract and it, along with the SB loss, has soured the team ever since and people are finally more willing to admit it?

Maybe? Just maybe?

GO HAWKS!

The offensive production simply is not justified by what the Seahawks are paying Wilson and will pay him if he is extended.

Am I wrong? Does anyone here honestly believe if Wilson is extended all of the sudden, the Seahawks will be much more efficient offensively??

It's not likely.

It's only been a month but it's been years of seeing Carroll's offense completely sputter drive after drive after drive.

You know what also irks me about Carroll?? He continually preaches, you cannot win the first quarter, the second quarter, the third quarter but you can win the fourth quarter! Get the f outta here!!

That almost makes it sounds like you he is accepting of not scoring points until the fourth quarter. Smh.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Fade":rg5lpnzr said:
Optimus25":rg5lpnzr said:
Jeez. Go visit cowboys zone if you want to see true meltdown and complete disarray.

We were one game from the playoffs last year, a position we truly didn't even belong in with the crap play all year.

Name the franchise not named new England who hasn't been in the dumps for a year or two every once in awhile.

And then remember new England gets the bs luxury of the afc east, the biggest joke of a division in the history of the league.

Reminder it was the year after the super bowl the Panthers went what?, 2-14?

NFL= not for long for a distinct reason. Winning for nearly a decade equals harder schedule, cap hits out the wazoo, lower and lower draft picks, the great big bulls eye on your back every week, and oh by the way, our vets who stuck around have nearly played an entire extra season in wear and tear due to post season games than players who haven't played post season football.

Pete will adjust and we'll be right there for the wild card. Probably won't get in, but that's still an accomplishment in this league.

iu

I have been waiting for him to adjust for 5 years.

Lol. Oh trust me, I'm with you.

But i promise he's leaving on his own terms. There's been way, way, way too much success here. And by that statement, i meant more about things like the empty sets on third down, the terrible 3rd and 1 call today, the poor secondary play etc.

Pete has proven conclusively he will not change his overall philosophy of slow, ridiculous and laughable first halves combined with a grind it out, win by the seat of your pants game flow.

Fade

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1ih9w4s8 said:
Tim Ruskell had very little to do with the Super Bowl XL team. He was hired in the offseason leading up to that Super Bowl season. That was clearly Holmgrens team. Ruskell gets credit for making a few FA moves but the core of that team was already in place.

I am aware of that. It didn't stop fans from using "In Ruskell we trust" to defend all of the poor moves he was making.

Sort of like now. "But, but, the superbowl that one time, a half-decade ago", while simultaneously ignoring failing to cash in on a once in a 50 yr type of roster. While stumbling and tripping over himself, in Free Agency, The Draft, and most egregiously failing to compete and upgrade his coaching staff, setting a double standard.

He also lost the lockerroom so bad he had to blow the team up, because they were on the verge of mutiny.

Fans are going to exonerate him for 5 yrs of mistakes, and keep their head in the sand. Not on my watch.

Time to deal with reality.
Fusatsports2Fscreen shot 2018 09 30 at 4 02 40 pm

semiahmoo

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":o6ikvnw0 said:
semiahmoo":o6ikvnw0 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":o6ikvnw0 said:
Fade":o6ikvnw0 said:

Maybe? Just maybe?

GO HAWKS!

The offensive production simply is not justified by what the Seahawks are paying Wilson and will pay him if he is extended.

Am I wrong? Does anyone here honestly believe if Wilson is extended all of the sudden, the Seahawks will be much more efficient offensively??

It's not likely.

It's only been a month but it's been years of seeing Carroll's offense completely sputter drive after drive after drive.

You know what also irks me about Carroll?? He continually preaches, you cannot win the first quarter, the second quarter, the third quarter but you can win the fourth quarter! Get the f outta here!!

That almost makes it sounds like you he is accepting of not scoring points until the fourth quarter. Smh.

More and more are seeing it as your above post lays it out.
Some in this place will go Sutherland on you for saying it but don't pay them no mind. You keep on keeping it real.

DirectPlushFerret small

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Fade":27ndyxnz said:
oldhawkfan":27ndyxnz said:

I am aware of that. It didn't stop fans from using "In Ruskell we trust" to defend all of the poor moves he was making.

Sort of like now. "But, but, the superbowl that one time, a half-decade ago", while simultaneously ignoring failing to cash in on a once in a 50 yr type of roster. While stumbling and tripping over himself, in Free Agency, The Draft, and most egregiously failing to compete and upgrade his coaching staff, setting a double standard.

He also lost the lockerroom so bad he had to blow the team up, because they were on the verge of mutiny.

Fans are going to exonerate him for 5 yrs of mistakes, and keep their head in the sand. Not on my watch.

Time to deal with reality.
Fusatsports2Fscreen shot 2018 09 30 at 4 02 40 pm

Right on...right on...right on...

This place is looking up with contributions like yours.

OP
OP
hawkcrazzed

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
\we had a roster that would have made us a dynasty if not for Pete. Let that set in then tell me he should stay.

:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

semiahmoo

Reaction score
hawkcrazzed":1arlse0j said:
\we had a roster that would have made us a dynasty if not for Pete. Let that set in then tell me he should stay.

I sometimes wonder late at night right before sleep takes me what a coach like Belichick would have done with the almost-dynasty Seahawks.

Would we still be thrashing teams on our way to another almost-certain Super Bowl?

N0wsjVE.gif

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Can the new ownership please administer IQ tests before allowing nitwits to post? The baseline should be at least 70. Remember to subtract 10 points if they can't even spell their user name correctly.

Pete is not the problem. We're 2-2 despite a tough opening schedule that included three road games, new schemes, and new starters. This team lacks top-shelf talent. That is our problem. Not coaching.

Fade

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":fj1jdpaq said:
Can the new ownership please administer IQ tests before allowing nitwits to post? The baseline should be at least 70. Remember to subtract 10 points if they can't even spell their user name correctly.

Pete is not the problem. We're 2-2 despite a tough opening schedule that included three road games, new schemes, and new starters. This team lacks top-shelf talent. That is our problem. Not coaching.

What was going through your mind as you watched the offense today, especially 3rd down? Also what do you think of Pete Carroll's interesting use of timeouts?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":7zn5pjiy said:

Friday night I crashed your party
Saturday I said I'm sorry
Sunday came and trashed me out again
I was only having fun
Wasn't hurting any one
And we all enjoyed the weekend for a change
I've been stranded in the combat zone
I walked through Bedford Stuy alone
Even rode my motorcycle in the rain
And you told me not to drive
But I made it home alive
So you said that only proves that I'm insane
You may be right
I may be crazy
But it just may be a lunatic you're looking for
Turn out the light
Don't try to save me
You may be wrong for all I know
But you may be right
Remember how I found you there
Alone in your electric chair
I told you dirty jokes until you smiled
You were lonely for a man
I said take me as I am
'Cause you might enjoy some madness for a while
Now think…

[youtube]Jo9t5XK0FhA[/youtube]

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
semiahmoo":j92lwozg said:
hawkcrazzed":j92lwozg said:

I sometimes wonder late at night right before sleep takes me what a coach like Belichick would have done with the almost-dynasty Seahawks.

Would we still be thrashing teams on our way to another almost-certain Super Bowl?

N0wsjVE.gif

I'm PRETTY sure Seattle and New England have the same record right now.

justafan

Reaction score
6 years ago people were saying pete revolutionized the game by playing defense and running the ball.He invented the compete mantra.Now he sucks because running the ball and playing defense is stupid. He will eventually be forced out just like every other coach who is the new hot ticket. Salary cap and age wrecks all teams and the Rams Vikings Chiefs and
Philly will all fall back to the median and have to rebuild. And the OCs will be the first thrown under the bus because thats how it goes.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
justafan":qam2sfnv said:
6 years ago people were saying pete revolutionized the game by playing defense and running the ball.He invented the compete mantra.Now he sucks because running the ball and playing defense is stupid. He will eventually be forced out just like every other coach who is the new hot ticket. Salary cap and age wrecks all teams and the Rams Vikings Chiefs and
Philly will all fall back to the median and have to rebuild. And the OCs will be the first thrown under the bus because thats how it goes.

True.

GO HAWKS!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
justafan":545ixfu7 said:

It seems pretty hypocritical in all honesty.

Folks want it both ways

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1kzmlc05 said:
justafan":1kzmlc05 said:

It seems pretty hypocritical in all honesty.

Folks want it both ways

You mean it isn't a video game and we can't score 50-0 every week with 400yds passing and a 200yd rusher, with 2 defensive scores and a return for TD? You shattered my hopes and dreams!