Frank Clark to KC for a 1st and a 2nd!!

chris98251

Reaction score
I would not mess with Flowers, Shaq needs to play where he is at unless someone beats him out, Flowers was just learning how to play CB, flipping him to another side is going to mess with his technique also, I think Shaq was doing a lot of thinking and trying to play technique first then position. It is different your back peddle and turn is opposite. If your heavy with experience on one side the adjustment can take time using Petes system with Kick Step. Many can play both sides but they use straight drop back and cut to the ball.

Not as simple as it looks, maybe the closest you could come is driving in America then going to Europe and deal with being on the other side of the car. Everything should be the same right just moved to another seat, but it's different in a lot of ways.

flv

Reaction score
Fair trade, I guess. Not all 1st round picks are equal. I know the Draft chart is outdated and faulty but used purely as a guide #10 is worth #28 & #29 combined. The 'net' value the Seahawks got for Clark is equivalent to 860 points which falls between #19 & #20 overall. The Chiefs benefit now whilst the Seahawks benefit later. The Seahawks might have the better of it over the long-haul since the Chiefs have given up significant trade value for a near free agent value contract.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Largent80":1vz4js8x said:
The meat and potatoes of this draft (especially for Seattle) is 2nd and 3rd round. So potentially they could trade down from 21 to get a 3rd and 4th.

This team needs depth, and now they can get Harry from AZ State at WR with 29...This is awesome.
Hell no. I do not want them to trade that 21st pick down for a third and fourth. Screw that, we've been trading down and passing up on 1st round talents for bums for so long it's getting annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Largent80

Reaction score
dopeboy206":zg70t8mt said:
Largent80":zg70t8mt said:
The meat and potatoes of this draft (especially for Seattle) is 2nd and 3rd round. So potentially they could trade down from 21 to get a 3rd and 4th.

This team needs depth, and now they can get Harry from AZ State at WR with 29...This is awesome.
Hell no. I do not want them to trade that 21st pick down for a third and fourth. Screw that, we've been trading down and passing up on 1st round talents for bums for so long it's getting annoying.

When you only have 5 picks and in need of depth, it's what you do and I fully expect them to do just that.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3chvw5k7 said:
If they have a trade partner I could see them moving both for 2nds and 3rds or even 4ths, that's where John and Pete like to operate and where value and dollars translate to longer and cheaper contracts also after they prove themselves keeping the roster fluid. It's also the meat of this draft after the top 15 are gone so to speak.

If that is the view of this FO isn’t it likely the view of others?

I can see them doing precisely that, but as you say they need to find trade partners. The draft got a whole lot more interesting with the Clark trade.

Questions are many now:

How far will Gary fall?

Will Sweat fall to 21?

How many other legit pass rushers are there worth drafting in the 2nd, could they be found later?

Is there an OLineman in the 2nd on the team’s radar?

Would they pick Simmons despite his injury?

Is Dexter Lawrence a player they might pick?

Which WR will be their pick, Brown, McLaurin, or Harry?

Will they possibly pick a player with one of their 1st rd picks?

Would they really trade them both for extra picks?

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Damn, gotta change my avatar again! Bye Frank....

Final 5

147994 294x414

Tical21

Reaction score
I mean, this is directly related to QB and DE economics. You can blame Frank and Russ in a way. They're all just mercenaries playing for the highest bidder. If they wanted to stay here and play together, they could have made it happen. I don't hold it against them for not doing so, but Russ didn't have to become the highest paid player in football. Frank didn't have to become the 2nd highest paid defensive player in football. It is what it is. Winning isn't as important as money, and it has been that way for a long time in pro sports.

I don't like the deal. I would've dealt Bobby. Reed, Frank, Carson and Tyler are really the only sure young studs we have, and now Reed is the only proven young stud on the defense. Hard to go to the next level when you push away young stars. I get it, I just would've done it differently.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Good deal for Seattle.

For the Chiefs, it's simply bizarre.

The question is as follows: Would you trade Dee Ford, a first round pick, and $40 million in salary guarantees straight up for Frank Clark?

That's what the Chiefs have essentially done in the last 30 days, and it is bananas bonkers.

That's also without even factoring in that Frank Clark is a total scumbag, and the Chiefs already have a scumbag problem.

I'm just glad I'm not a Chiefs fan. :lol:

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2ntz36ho said:
I was thinking he was worth more than just a first so that is good BUT he is a proven player and when I hear people celebrating that we got a 1st it causes me to pause. There are a TON of 1st-rounders who are either flops or mediocre players.

No one really knows how good a trade this is until we see how it plays out.

But, I get it, we were caught up in a cap dilemma and had to find a way out of it.

We didn't just get 2 picks.

We also now have around $18M extra to BUY another quality player or 2 that would have all gone to Clark!

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2pps012e said:
Good deal for Seattle.

For the Chiefs, it's simply bizarre.

The question is as follows: Would you trade Dee Ford, a first round pick, and $40 million in salary guarantees straight up for Frank Clark?

That's what the Chiefs have essentially done in the last 30 days, and it is bananas bonkers.

That's also without even factoring in that Frank Clark is a total scumbag, and the Chiefs already have a scumbag problem.

I'm just glad I'm not a Chiefs fan. :lol:

I'm a pretty harsh critic of character issues but that comment is totally out of line. :roll: :pukeface:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Popeye: scumbag?

Really?

Frank Clark's been nothing but an exemplary citizen since being here.

Besides the original complaint was never very well founded and he was never convicted of anything. Dial back your animosity and hyperbole some. Was he worth $105.5 Mil with $63.5 Mil. guaranteed? I don't think so, but apparently the Chiefs do. It only takes one team to do so and the player makes bank.

It was a good deal for the Seahawks who were at best going to have issues with an unhappy player on the tag and then just recover a 3rd as a possible comp pick. Perhaps the FO misjudged the DE market, or what the league was willing to pay some of these guys, but rather clearly the team and Clark were not on the same page in terms of contract numbers and the team wasn't going to pay what Clark was asking to be paid. Good Luck to him in KC.

Time to move on.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Tical21":3kb6xe3u said:
I mean, this is directly related to QB and DE economics. You can blame Frank and Russ in a way. They're all just mercenaries playing for the highest bidder. If they wanted to stay here and play together, they could have made it happen. I don't hold it against them for not doing so, but Russ didn't have to become the highest paid player in football. Frank didn't have to become the 2nd highest paid defensive player in football. It is what it is. Winning isn't as important as money, and it has been that way for a long time in pro sports.

I don't like the deal. I would've dealt Bobby. Reed, Frank, Carson and Tyler are really the only sure young studs we have, and now Reed is the only proven young stud on the defense. Hard to go to the next level when you push away young stars. I get it, I just would've done it differently.
And that's why they're paying Schneider all those big bucks, he's proven that he knows his shit, while some of Y'all think it's "Shinola" :lol:

A-Dog

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3kdtv0k0 said:

Hardly. I posted this in one of the other threads:

Are you forgetting about the time he injured Ifedi during a TC fight and was benched as a result? Or the time he had to apologize twice after a tweet threatening a reporter's job when she wrote about his history with domestic violence? Is tweeting "That boy a bitch, I can't wait to play his punk ass" a sign of maturity?

Clark, in my opinion, is a knucklehead. Betting $65M guaranteed on a guy like him is a massive risk, in my opinion. You see it both on and off the field. Maybe he hasn't done anything truly awful since the first incident but there have been warning signs and if I'm the Seahawks and I'm making a statement on who they are going to pay, Frank Clark is not who I would want to recognize as a leader and an example for others. True leaders don't anoint themselves as such by tweeting "this is my defense" at Richard Sherman.

This is Bobby's defense. He, Kam, KJ, and even Reed and McDougald fit in to the category of true leaders. Frank Clark does not.

This trade was absolutely fantastic - in terms of money, in terms of the mental makeup of the team, and in terms of the talent exchanged. It was a freaking home run.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
A-Dog":1c8b8srm said:
jammerhawk":1c8b8srm said:

Are you forgetting about the time he injured Ifedi during a TC fight and was benched as a result? Or the time he had to apologize twice after a tweet threatening a reporter's job when she wrote about his history with domestic violence? Is tweeting "That boy a bitch, I can't wait to play his punk ass" a sign of maturity?

Clark, in my opinion, is a knucklehead. Betting $65M guaranteed on a guy like him is a massive risk, in my opinion. You see it both on and off the field. Maybe he hasn't done anything truly awful since the first incident but there have been warning signs and if I'm the Seahawks and I'm making a statement on who they are going to pay, Frank Clark is not who I would want to recognize as a leader and an example for others. True leaders don't anoint themselves as such by tweeting "this is my defense" at Richard Sherman.

This is Bobby's defense. He, Kam, KJ, and even Reed and McDougald fit in to the category of true leaders. Frank Clark does not.

This trade was absolutely fantastic - in terms of money, in terms of the mental makeup of the team, and in terms of the talent exchanged. It was a freaking home run.

Hmmmm. This post made me think quite a bit on this topic. Can't say I can deny any of that actually. I was going to defend that Ifedi deserved it, but then remembered it was a chicken shit sucker punch.

Excellent post, but I still think "scumbag" is over the top. :2thumbs:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
jammerhawk":17wtkam6 said:
Popeye: scumbag?

Really?

Besides the original complaint was never very well founded and he was never convicted of anything. Dial back your animosity and hyperbole some. Was he worth $105.5 Mil with $63.5 Mil. guaranteed? I don't think so, but apparently the Chiefs do. It only takes one team to do so and the player makes bank.

It was a good deal for the Seahawks who were at best going to have issues with an unhappy player on the tag and then just recover a 3rd as a possible comp pick. Perhaps the FO misjudged the DE market, or what the league was willing to pay some of these guys, but rather clearly the team and Clark were not on the same page in terms of contract numbers and the team wasn't going to pay what Clark was asking to be paid. Good Luck to him in KC.

Time to move on.

Hiya--

My usage of that term was cumulative, and was in reference to multiple incidents both when he was on the Seahawks and before he was on the Seahawks. AFAIK we're not allowed to talk the specifics of any of those things (including the one you're referring to) so we'll have to simply agree to disagree both on that incident and on what constitutes exemplary citizenship.

Fully agreed though that it's a good deal for the Seahawks.

The best way to judge a deal is by considering both what fans of one side and fans of the other side are saying about it. In this case Seahawks fans thinks it's a good deal and Chiefs fans are pissed. I think rightly so, but any way you slice it as is it's a nice transaction for the Seahawks, IMO

IndyHawk

Reaction score
A-Dog":2f305ygc said:
jammerhawk":2f305ygc said:

I feel even more joy since reading this..
Screw Frank and his selfish attitude.

knownone

Reaction score
A-Dog":91siecsw said:
jammerhawk":91siecsw said:

Fights happen all the time in training camp.

Did he really threaten a reporter? What he said was both dumb and insensitive, but it's a leap to say he was threatening her job. It's also important to remember that the prosecuting attorney determined Frank did not commit domestic violence. Now, that doesn't mean he didn't do it but it's worth considering in the context of this situation.

His other tweets are dumb, but I'm not a 20-year-old, and I don't think it reflects much on a persons maturity level in any concrete way.

Reed was also accused of domestic violence.

In the context of today's youth, I don't think Frank was a potential problem going forward. By NFL standards he may not have been exemplary but he was pretty close.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jesus people want these guys to decimate others and be competitive yet be a Pope as well, Kid was young and has a mouth and expresses himself in the moment. Ifedi isn't much different, they are 20 or 22 years old. I am sure all of you complainers had your shot together and never mouthed off or did anything stupid at that age since everyone that is snarky is perfect.

Also these guys are asked to ramp up aggression on a snap count and turn it off on a whistle, sometimes that switch gets stuck, sometimes the will to win a battle goes past a whistle. Before you complain about camp fights etc play the game and understand what they are doing.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
In terms of that bottom feeder reporter we all need to remember that charges of domestic assault against Clark were never proven and were hotly disputed by Clark right from the outset. The team's investigation supported the Clark side and he was drafted by them.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Chapow":1k83ktes said:
Tell ya what. If you ever see a defense that can't get pressure on the QB, but is stout against the run, and that defense is successful overall, please let me know. Because I don't believe that is a winning formula in today's NFL.

How do you think it's going to go for us if next time we play the Rams we are able to shut down Gurley for the most part, but basically don't get any pressure on Goff all day? Regardless of what anyone thinks about any particular QB, most NFL QB's are going to tear up a defense if they aren't facing any (or much) pressure.

Sounds like the last Superbowl. Didn't go too well for the Rams, and I'm not sure what you'd call a winning formula if not the Patriots winning it all while completely neutering the Rams offense.