Frank Clark to KC for a 1st and a 2nd!!

Jville

Reaction score
For both Frank and Seahawks ........... this is a win win.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1120752347469221889[/tweet]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jville":1znc9bww said:
For both Frank and Seahawks ........... this is a win win.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1120752347469221889[/tweet]

Hell yeah, good for Frank. He deserves it, just glad it wasn't us that overpaid him........and he's on a team now that's got the most talented roster in the NFL that should be a SB favorite.

Conversely, John and Pete have all the picks they need to really do some serious damage in this year's draft.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I will miss him but this is a win for both sides.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I like Frank Clark....I do...but I am REALLY glad they didnt offer him 5/105.

Really happy with how this turned out.

sutz

Reaction score
Hate to lose him, but gotta love the return. Let the Chiefs pay him the huge contract. It's not like we have nothing going on the DL, and with the extra picks this will lead to, we should get a good draft this year.

We now have two 1st's this year, right? That should lead to 5-6 picks in day 2-3 if not more. They seem to do their best when they draft low and coach them up. Trader John will be in his element. :mrgreen:

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm glad the Seahawks didn't put out that kind of cash. Good for Clark getting it. But Wow.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
We will miss him, but needed to make this move. I can see Clark bringing a mean streak to their Defense which was only a play away from the Super Bowl.

We just paid Russell big money and hard to pay Frank as a top 3 DE money when he's probably only Top 5-10.

We should be able to turn that 1st rounder into a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to restock our depth maybe even an extra 6th or 7th too.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hard to see this team being competitive in 2019 at this point. Our cupboards at edge rush are now Cassius Marsh, Jacob Martin, a sophomore who redshirted (Green), and whatever rookies are chosen by a team whose first-round draft has come under heavy questioning in the last few years.

purpleworld

Reaction score
Let's trade BOTH firsts and load up on 2nds, 3rds, and 4ths...where the draft is heavy in talent.

mrt144

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3rrrtxtj said:
Hard to see this team being competitive in 2019 at this point. Our cupboards at edge rush are now Cassius Marsh, Jacob Martin, a sophomore who redshirted (Green), and whatever rookies are chosen by a team whose first-round draft has come under heavy questioning in the last few years.

Yeah, doesn't make me feel good about the 2019 line but I do like having some draft picks. Hard choice in my book.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3kj2ka4z said:

Today.

You have to assume we're going to draft at least one, if not two high round D-lineman, AND sign one of the remaining free agents out there like Ansah or Suh.........and we'll extend Reed now.

Does this mean we still won't be concerned? Absolutely not, we already had a weak pass rush with Frank, but the hope is you now have 2-3 young studs to develop and grow together.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2bfmjwo2 said:

We said the same thing last year, too. The team was supposed to suck.

Patriots won the SB even though they were among the worst teams in the NFL in sack numbers.

I think the pass rush is gonna suck this year too, but I'll wait to see the product on the field before I judge this too hard.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":gtf9s3v1 said:

I think they grab Ansah or Perry as a stop gap while the rookies develop. Also think someone from last year will step up- Martin or Green.

I trust Pete Carroll on defense, they obviously have a plan.

Rat

Reaction score
I'm not going to pretend a first-round pick is going to be as good as Frank this year, but we just made Russ the highest-paid player in NFL history, and we also have Bobby Wagner up for a new deal, among other important players. You can't pay everyone, and we just got an impressive haul for the guy we probably weren't going to be able to pay anyway.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2yky38es said:

Then possibly you should wait for the big picture? :roll:

You had the same questions last year about losing Graham and Richardson and their TD production....then Wilson turns around and throws 35.

Learn a little from that possibly??

Largent80

Reaction score
This league has become the quick dump off pass which negates pass rush. DT is way more valuable than DE especially if they get pressure (Jarran Reed 10.5 sack...Clark 13).

We can sign a hedge DE veteran, and draft. Also, we now have 12 draft picks next year which can be traded this year.

This is a good Christmas for us.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Not sure how to feel about this. As it stands now, the pass rush situation is UGLY. Still a long ways to go until the start of the season though. I still think Rasheem Green will be very, very good. Looking over his NFL draft profile again is encouraging. I think most expected him to pretty much be redshirted last year anyway.

kf3339

Reaction score
The deal needed to happen and we ended up with a fair return for him. If you believe in PC knowing how to build a defense then we will be fine. Besides keeping and paying Reed and Wagner in a year is far more important than breaking the bank for Clark.

It's actually a good deal for all sides.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Rob has a link to a report

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/

AND

eattle Seahawks general manager John Schneider's professed love for defensive end Frank Clark apparently wasn't deep enough to prevent him from sending Clark elsewhere.

The Seahawks agreed to trade Clark to the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for a first-round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, a 2020 second-round pick and a swap of third-round picks in 2019, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday, via sources informed of the transaction.

Not long after the trade, Rapoport reported Clark agreed with the Chiefs to a new five-year contract worth a whopping $105.5 million with $63.5 million guaranteed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... raft-picks

kf3339

Reaction score
Largent80":ubgzuh9l said:
The meat and potatoes of this draft (especially for Seattle) is 2nd and 3rd round. So potentially they could trade down from 21 to get a 3rd and 4th.

This team needs depth, and now they can get Harry from AZ State at WR with 29...This is awesome.

Do you mean a 2nd and 3rd for our #21 pick? There would be no way I would trade the 21st pick for a 3rd and 4th this year.

Latest posts