Frank Clark weight down to 257.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I always thought of Clark as a potential star as a 3 Tech guy. I know he's a little bit smaller than you would like but would face more one on one opportunities and with his speed could be pass rushing monster from there. I don't initially like it but Carroll knows more about defense than just about anyone in the league so excited to see how he is planning on maximizing Clark's potential. I think he is the next future star in this defense.

Fade

Reaction score
I remember Clark saying somewhere that he likes playing end. He didn't really like playing inside, he would do it for the team of course, but his preference was end.

Base Leo would be my guess. I don't see him playing Sam. He can rotate with Avril, and on nickel downs they will both be on the field.

Base
Bennett------New Guy Here------Rubin---------Clark/Avril

Nickel
Avril----Bennett-------Hill/New Guy------Clark

*EDIT* Updated for Mebane's departure. : (

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":2lydxhwy said:
I always thought Clark looked more in his element when playing inside, but it's worth a try to see how he might look as a full time LEO.

This. I liked Clark's versatility going inside and outside on the edge. 257 relegates him to the edge.

The Chris Clemmons rumor makes sense. I can see them signing him to a vet min deal and coaching up/mentoring Clark at the LEO.

Mojambo

Reaction score
I like the idea of getting Avril some rest. I think he'll be fresher later in the season.

firebee

Reaction score
Cutting Clark down to 257 and bringing in Clemons at vet minimum w/ Marsh here is kind of indicating some consideration to entertain some trade offers for Avril.

Greenhell

Reaction score
pehawk":1lodgvmq said:
kearly":1lodgvmq said:
I always thought Clark looked more in his element when playing inside, but it's worth a try to see how he might look as a full time LEO.

My thought as well. Clark/Bennett types, who can truly play inside or out, are rarer than LEO's.

I'm just a douchebag on a message board, but still, I loved the idea of Clark at 280.

Yeah, but you're our douchebag.

Fade

Reaction score
firebee":272fmlnd said:
Cutting Clark down to 257 and bringing in Clemons at vet minimum w/ Marsh here is kind of indicating some consideration to entertain some trade offers for Avril.
iu

The Seahawks are not trading their 2nd best pass rusher.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I find this intriguing.

Not in a good way, not in a bad way, but in a I have to see what this all means way. Will the loss of 20 plus pounds have him faster? Will his core strength be affected?

I tend to think this can be a big positive.

Smoke

Reaction score
pehawk":30c7nsj7 said:
ImTheScientist":30c7nsj7 said:
He will be sliding into Bruce Irvin's "roll".

Adjusted your post to maximize hotness.

The hotness was already peak by " 20 something year old's highly moldable body."

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
I'm not sure this is really that much of a story. Word from Frank Clark was that he was playing hurt last year (some type of soft tissue injury, missed a game with a hammy pull) and felt like he lost a step. Best way to deal with a soft tissue injury is to rest and let it heal. He's probably been resting for the last 4-6 weeks and is starting to work out again in earnest. If this is true, I'm surprised he didn't balloon up. Good nutrition right there.