Geno being criticized on TV copy

DJrmb

Reaction score
Said it's beginning to show more and more on tape that Geno isn't progressing through reads... If 1st read isn't there he panics... How is the OC supposed to do anything with a QB that can't go past his 1st read??? Tell me that...

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Said it's beginning to show more and more on tape that Geno isn't progressing through reads... If 1st read isn't there he panics... How is the OC supposed to do anything with a QB that can't go past his 1st read??? Tell me that...
The first question is... do the Seahawks have multiple reads in their gameplan? Not always a given.

Second, what is the progression? It seems like we really struggle calling intermediate passes.

Third, yeah, he's struggling.

tom95

Reaction score
Geno has not done his progressions for weeks. A defense can key on that.

xgeoff

Reaction score
My big question is, what did he do last year? He was fine. He was good! You can’t tell me he didn’t go through his progressions last year.

Has he just lost confidence in his protection or what? What is different this year?

OP
OP
DJrmb

DJrmb

Reaction score
My big question is, what did he do last year? He was fine. He was good! You can’t tell me he didn’t go through his progressions last year.

Has he just lost confidence in his protection or what? What is different this year?
He had pressure to perform... He hadn't been paid yet and he had to compete for the job with a guy they traded for and obviously really liked before the season... He's fat and happy now and everyone keeps making excuses for his mistakes so he's not feeling like he could lose his job at all.

NoGain

Reaction score
He just doesn't have that skill to process the unfolding action on the field fast enough. It's one of those things that separates QB's like Geno from the best.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Just as long as someone doesn't start a "Suck for Penix" thread, because that would be in poor taste. .:whistle::coffee:

ccla

Reaction score
Just as long as someone doesn't start a "Suck for Penix" thread, because that would be bad. .:whistle::coffee:

Nobody needs to, the team is already doing it all on their own (well at least the offense is)