Geno Smith was arrested for DUI (Old Thread)

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Did he fail the breathalizer & then opt for the blood test because he knew he only had 1 beer?

BASF

Reaction score
Oh c'mon, some of you totally intimated that the officer for Jalen Carter's situation was totally manipulating the reports in Carter's favor, but now have no questions about this. Just wow.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I did edit the original thread subject line to include (Old Thread) so people wouldn't think he was recently charged with a DUI. But I stand by Maelstrom's desire to update the thread as it is pertinent, real news, and ultimately exonerates him.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I'm guessing he was a. not a jerk to the officer, and b. has a nice legal team, I don't recall if Geno received punishment from the NFL, is there any risk we'll be rocking out with our Drew Lock out for couple weeks?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Actually the DUI was dismissed
So, was it just the DUI that was dismissed or is he free and clear of all charges? It would seem that driving 94mph on an urban freeway (60mph speed limit?) would earn him at least a reckless driving charge. Same with refusing a BAC test.

rcaido

Reaction score
So, was it just the DUI that was dismissed or is he free and clear of all charges? It would seem that driving 94mph on an urban freeway (60mph speed limit?) would earn him at least a reckless driving charge. Same with refusing a BAC test.
He had to be restrain to do the legal blood test too. He also verbally threatened to beat the cops up.

RiverDog

Reaction score
He had to be restrain to do the legal blood test too. He also verbally threatened to beat the cops up.
Yeah, there has to be more to the story than just the DUI being dropped.

There's also the question if the league will step in and administer some discipline. If there's any truth to the reports, his behavior certainly warrants it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just for clarity, every article I've read says that there will be no charges, meaning everything is gone and he's clear as far as the legal system is concerned. As we all know, the commissioner can instill punishment without a conviction, but I'd think if they were leaning that way, we'd have heard something by now.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
It was a bullshit arrest to begin with. We went over this already

rcaido

Reaction score
Bullshit for famous people or for everyone...

Probably the reason he took a hometown discount, to get out of this mess. Thanks Jody

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Bullshit for famous people or for everyone...

Probably the reason he took a hometown discount, to get out of this mess. Thanks Jody
Bullshit for anyone and everyone. He was well below the legal limits for both THC and alcohol. He threw a fit because he knew he was sober and had every right to be pissed off. The huge backlog in obtaining the evidence by the state was the reason for the delay