Geno Smith was arrested for DUI (Old Thread)

RiverDog

Reaction score
More info on Geno's arrest:

The Seahawks quarterback will not be charged with DUI or reckless driving after getting arrested on suspicion of DUI in early 2022 in Washington, ESPN reports.

The blood tests revealed that Smith had a BAC of .038, below the legal limit of .08, and a THC concentration of 2.6, below the legal limit of 5.

“In considering the filing of charges, prosecutors must consider any reasonably foreseeable defense to be raised,” the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office said in a release.

“From the investigation material, prosecutors do not have evidence to rebut likely explanations for his bad driving. While we can show that Mr. Smith consumed alcohol and marijuana and that in general those two substances have a compounding effect, we do not have any evidence to show exactly what effect they had on Mr. Smith, and a reasonable doubt exists as to whether his ability to drive was affected by alcohol or marijuana.”

I'm surprised that he's not being charged with reckless driving as 30+ mph over the speed limit seems like it's pretty reckless to me. But I would assume that they have had incidents with similar characteristics that they opted not to charge an offender with reckless driving. With as much attention as this incident has received, there's no way that a prosecutor is going to do anything other than the norm.

There's still the matter of Geno's refusal to take the test, which carries with it an automatic license suspension. There's also the possibility that the league could step in and issue some form of discipline. If they do, we should hear something very shortly. Otherwise, it looks like water under the bridge.

Last edited:

Latest posts