Getting exposed by the more physical team

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I didn’t think Seattle had a problem, but they are getting out muscled in this game and this game is showcasing there are still areas of need and improvement.

Both sides of the ball is getting abused.

Seattle coaches were for the most part out schemed with this game plan.

The bye can’t get here fast enough.

The game isn’t over but there are areas of improvement for Seattle to address…

Scout

Reaction score
Let this be a learning lesson for this squad. The Bucs are not as bad as their record shows because they have been snake bitten by injuries and the circumstances of a strange off season.

Still, there is a lot that I liked form this game from this Hawks squad. But this definitely was a game to go over with the coaches and learning from the mistakes.

Polk738

Reaction score
Probably some of the worst play calling I've seen all season, Geno's supposed designed QB run in the redzone was the dagger on top of the craptastic field, it seriously looks worse than Fedex with all the divits you could see in it. It's no wonder they stayed out of 13 peronnel most of the game with how much everyone was falling on thier ass.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
We were not exposed. We were just flat. We went toe to toe with the Giants lines, and if you watched that game live, you saw that it was trench warfare at its best, from both teams.
You didn’t see Seattle’s defensive line was moved consistently?

Tampa’s run game moved Seattle and they had big runs almost every meaningful downs!

That’s clearly, overpowered.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
You didn’t see Seattle’s defensive line was moved consistently?

Tampa’s run game moved Seattle and they had big runs almost every meaningful downs!

That’s clearly, overpowered.

Getting exposed and getting beat are two different things

The Dline didnt play well today, that happens, its not a predictor of things to come

Scout

Reaction score
Barton is a just a jag at this point. No wonder the team opted to go to nickel formations so much. But a nickel formation is just inviting the Bucs to keep running the ball though. This will be addressed in the off season as the front seven needs more A players.

Last edited:

White Devil

Reaction score
Offensive holding can be called on every play.

Somehow the Bucs offensive line didn't commit one holding penalty the entire game.

Other than that, what happened to 13 personnel in the first half? Where was the misdirection? Where was passing on 1st down?

Everything the offense has been doing the last couple of weeks was taken out of the playbook for this game, and I'm not sure why.

2nd half they come out in 13 personnel and move the ball passing to Dissly.

Flat start, horrible field conditions, and a bad gameplan make for a long flight home for the boys.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Tampa Bay's OL held AGGRESSIVELY, not ticky tack, not borderline, not questionable, but aggressive tackling dudes as a strategy.

Their WRs were very aggressively pushing off on a number of their up the gut first downs. Multiple times I'd see a dude catch what looked like a wide open first down in the middle of the field and scream at my TV why no one was there only for the replay to show that our guys got thrown or pushed out of the way.

In some ways, this is the other team being more physical but 1) they aren't supposed to be allowed to do this and 2) it relies on the officiating crew being this lax in the future.

I do think our team should have gotten more aggressive at the LOS since it was clear the refs weren't throwing flags for most 'discretionary' types of things, but I hesitate to think most teams we face in the future will be able to replicate that level of 'physicality' in the future.

Polk738

Reaction score
Barton is a just a jag that point. No wonder the team opted to go to nickel formations so much. But a nickel formation is just inviting the Bucs to keep running the ball though. This will be addressed in the off season as the front seven needs more A players.
and that was the funny part about it, the last person on defense you would expect to intercept Tom Brady, Cody Barton comes down with an interception, that was karma indeed for playing so much damn nickel and getting run on.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I stated after the 49ers game that the Seahawks are physically inferior to other NFL teams.

Besides Al Woods, the interior defensive line, as well as the interior offensive line, struggles with pure strength.

strohmin

Reaction score
As much as this loss sucks, lets see how they respond the next 2 games. I have a feeling we will win with a little more ease. However, It is going to be dependant on our tackling and pressure because that is the root cause of any problems we have.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I stated after the 49ers game that the Seahawks are physically inferior to other NFL teams.

Besides Al Woods, the interior defensive line, as well as the interior offensive line, struggles with pure strength.
Seattle played Myles Adams today and that guy got moved and wrecked on damn near every snap.

Not sure why he was activated this game but Adams is not a consistent starter in this league and it clearly showed today why he is borderline a cut/practice squad player.

Defensive tackle is a clear need for Seattle.