Getting exposed by the more physical team

bigskydoc

Reaction score
You didn’t see Seattle’s defensive line was moved consistently?

Tampa’s run game moved Seattle and they had big runs almost every meaningful downs!

That’s clearly, overpowered.

Hawkpower already said it. There is a huge difference between being exposed, and just having a bad game. The team came out flat, as did the game plan that left the defense gassed before the half.

It's not something that another team can replicate, unless we shoot ourselves in the foot again.

nwHawk

Reaction score
This game exposed how one dimensional our defensive front is, and how to attack it. Seahawks need to play with a lead and then make the other team play catch up.

toffee

Reaction score
We have been playing as the underdog, no pressure, and overachieved. This is more or less the first game we were the favorite, and we didn't handle the pressure well. Learning, my friends, learning process.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I think there were two things that lost this game. Seahawks got beat in the trenches on D... pure and simple. The other was Geno's fumble in the red zone bad play.

Disapointing loss but this is how you beat the Hawks and every team just saw that.

Interesting to see how they adjust because until they prove they can stop the run and win that physical battle in the trenches, this is what we are going to see.

I knew the NFL was going to adjust to the Hawks O at some point. This is it. Now we have to see how the Hawks counter.

I really thought the Hawks were going to win this one... i guess i was wrong lol

Going into the buy week plenty of time to get healthy and make adjustment...

Loved the country roads sing along that was way cool 😎

Hawkpower

Reaction score
We have been playing as the underdog, no pressure, and overachieved. This is more or less the first game we were the favorite, and we didn't handle the pressure well. Learning, my friends, learning process.

I thought we were 3 point dogs....

Maybe not though :)

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I knew the NFL was going to adjust to the Hawks O at some point. This is it. Now we have to see how the Hawks counter.
But, they didn't do that. It was literally us doing the same numbskull pound the rock playcalling that has stilted this offense every time we have tried it.

When we finally went back to our bread and butter (Geno dissecting the D, lots of TE involvement, working the run game/RB in off of that with some creativity) our offense looked like we expect (outside of that weird QB run fumble thing).

TB didn't figure us out, we literally just decided that our offense should consist of running our rookie RB up the gut into a box full of defenders for a half and then not adjusting until we're already down by two scores.

To top it off, we've got K9 still in the backfield on third and long and he keeps missing his protection assignment against a blitz happy Tampa Bay D.

cymatica

Reaction score
This game exposed how one dimensional our defensive front is, and how to attack it. Seahawks need to play with a lead and then make the other team play catch up.
Disagree. They were playing a lot of 2 man fronts

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

Tampa was havered by 2.5 tho. And to be fair, neutral field.

Own The West

Reaction score
TB played well. They were in the SB two years ago and no slouches either. If you recall, they played us tough even when they sucked.

If other teams try to play us the same way we will have to answer, but I don't think it's as simple as getting out-muscled. Not getting the right spikes on the shoes could have been the difference between the two halves as much as anything.

morgulon1

Reaction score
TB played well. They were in the SB two years ago and no slouches either. If you recall, they played us tough even when they sucked.

If other teams try to play us the same way we will have to answer, but I don't think it's as simple as getting out-muscled. Not getting the right spikes on the shoes could have been the difference between the two halves as much as anything.
Great point. There's such a small difference between a 1st place team and a struggling team. TB is good and the honeymoon of the overachieving Seahawks is probably about done. Seattle isn't sneaking up on anyone at this point and our deficiencies will become very apparent. This isn't a bad thing , the fact that a lot of people on here were saying we needed defense front 7 , maybe a safety , interior o-line? Who knows but they're closer than what I thought they were.
Just because they lost a weird game in Europe doesn't mean the end for their season . This loss came at a great time
In my humble opinion, they can refocus
and still make a nice run .

I trust that PC/JS will evaluate where they are at the end of the season and make the right moves to put us over the hump.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Tampa Bay's OL held AGGRESSIVELY, not ticky tack, not borderline, not questionable, but aggressive tackling dudes as a strategy.

Their WRs were very aggressively pushing off on a number of their up the gut first downs. Multiple times I'd see a dude catch what looked like a wide open first down in the middle of the field and scream at my TV why no one was there only for the replay to show that our guys got thrown or pushed out of the way.

In some ways, this is the other team being more physical but 1) they aren't supposed to be allowed to do this and 2) it relies on the officiating crew being this lax in the future.

I do think our team should have gotten more aggressive at the LOS since it was clear the refs weren't throwing flags for most 'discretionary' types of things, but I hesitate to think most teams we face in the future will be able to replicate that level of 'physicality' in the future.
You play to what the refs allow. If they’re allowing a lot of manhandling, then start manhandling. That’s an adjustment the coaches should’ve made, just like you play a little more carefully when the refs are flag happy.
I thought we were 3 point dogs....

Maybe not though :)
At game time it was -1.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Great point. There's such a small difference between a 1st place team and a struggling team. TB is good and the honeymoon of the overachieving Seahawks is probably about done. Seattle isn't sneaking up on anyone at this point and our deficiencies will become very apparent. This isn't a bad thing , the fact that a lot of people on here were saying we needed defense front 7 , maybe a safety , interior o-line? Who knows but they're closer than what I thought they were.
Just because they lost a weird game in Europe doesn't mean the end for their season . This loss came at a great time
In my humble opinion, they can refocus
and still make a nice run .

I trust that PC/JS will evaluate where they are at the end of the season and make the right moves to put us over the hump.
I know there are some on here that are drastically opposed to the word rebuild but that’s what it is. Their ridiculously good drafting and some FA signings (Geno, Irvin, and Nwosu particularly) have SEVERELY reduced the timeframe of it but we’re still in it and there will be flat games like this. I’d be upset if it were a bottom dwelling team but it was the goat and a desperate team with a lot of talent. It’s a rough but vital learning experience and it’s up to Pete and the team leaders to get back on track after the bye.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Disagree. They were playing a lot of 2 man fronts
My take was that Seattle likes to rotate personnel according to situations and when the offense dictates plays and shreds based on what they want to do our rotations and player use get out of whack. Guys get tired and we start chasing.

DJrmb

Reaction score
They came out flat. They have more good tape on record than bad tape this season. Even with coming out flat and having a horrible game they had a chance to possibly win the game at the end. As disgusted as I was by that 1st half, I was equally impressed with their fight and resilience to come back in that game.

seahawks08

Reaction score
They came out flat. They have more good tape on record than bad tape this season. Even with coming out flat and having a horrible game they had a chance to possibly win the game at the end. As disgusted as I was by that 1st half, I was equally impressed with their fight and resilience to come back in that game.
I agree we were flat. One critique on defense was giving up the first TD by Julio almost exactly like the Arizona DHopkins TD. They started very slow, almost that their body clock did not adjust. They were slipping a lot, which makes me wonder if they had the wrong shoes. I have seen this team much faster which means slipping in the field is more of a disadvantage for speedy teams. We couldn’t sustain drives and Geno was overthinking and locked in rather than take what the defense gives you. He could have run early to establish a rhythm that would have kept the defense fresh and Brady on the bench. They will fix all of it when they come out of a by, but the unknown would be can Seahawks play in inclement weather or unfavorable conditions as we go into winter

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
My opinion of this team hasn't changed one bit. Sometimes you get kicked in the mouth. Team will be on and be ready to rock in 2 weeks.

mwmccollough

Reaction score
Tampa Bay's OL held AGGRESSIVELY, not ticky tack, not borderline, not questionable, but aggressive tackling dudes as a strategy.

Their WRs were very aggressively pushing off on a number of their up the gut first downs. Multiple times I'd see a dude catch what looked like a wide open first down in the middle of the field and scream at my TV why no one was there only for the replay to show that our guys got thrown or pushed out of the way.

In some ways, this is the other team being more physical but 1) they aren't supposed to be allowed to do this and 2) it relies on the officiating crew being this lax in the future.

I do think our team should have gotten more aggressive at the LOS since it was clear the refs weren't throwing flags for most 'discretionary' types of things, but I hesitate to think most teams we face in the future will be able to replicate that level of 'physicality' in the future.
I said the same thing yesterday, they called the game loose and the Bucs took advantage of it.

hawks85

Reaction score
I didn’t think Seattle had a problem, but they are getting out muscled in this game and this game is showcasing there are still areas of need and improvement.

Both sides of the ball is getting abused.

Seattle coaches were for the most part out schemed with this game plan.

The bye can’t get here fast enough.

The game isn’t over but there are areas of improvement for Seattle to address…
They took the Bucs to lightly because of their record and a aging Brady.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Seattle played Myles Adams today and that guy got moved and wrecked on damn near every snap.

Not sure why he was activated this game but Adams is not a consistent starter in this league and it clearly showed today why he is borderline a cut/practice squad player.

Defensive tackle is a clear need for Seattle.
I agree, I would be fine seeing him on run downs as a base end just to mix it up, but he’s too small.