Getting WAY ahead of myself (Atlanta)

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
fuego":1vygzi2j said:
WmHBonney":1vygzi2j said:
ABirdOfPrey":1vygzi2j said:
seabowl":1vygzi2j said:
I watched a lot of the Falcs Saints yesterday and while the Falcs O looked fantastic their D was not good. If we can hold their O to a respectable amount of points then it gives us a chance because I think our O (believe it or not) can move the ball on them and maintain drives and control the clock.

The game was 38 - 13 going into the 4th. That defense has improved dramatically. If the Falcons offense doesn't start playing conservative they score 50+....

Once your team beats DET, the Falcons will get their revenge for that blown no call and Dan Quinn sends his old team home with a loss.

LMAO.....38-13 going into the 4th. What was the FINAL score? We are a 4th quarter team, clearly YOU are not. Go away troll.

As he said, "The game was 38 - 13 going into the 4th." Brees scored a bunch of points in the 4th quarter of a blowout game. Garbage stats, which is a Brees specialty.

You guys are on the downswing and we're playing lights out. Heck, you barely beat the 49ers which we hung 41 points on; Cardinals beat you and we hung 38 on them, and we hung 42 on the Rams which you hung 23 on but did beat handily. All of those games were after we played you.

We've averaged 34.1 points since we played you. You've averaged 24.9. We've allowed an average of 20.8 points a game since then. You, 21.4 average allowed.

That isn't trolling, that's just the facts.

Soooo....are you trying to tell us that we don't have a chance? :roll:

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":1cdev2r8 said:
Matt Ryan is 1-4 in the playoffs... That's not trolling.. That's just facts.

Yep... he is.

Remember the games? We sure do.

Lost to Cardinals who lost Super Bowl XLIII.
Lost to Packers who won Super Bowl XLV
Lost to Giants who won Super Bowl XLVI.
Lost to 49ers who lost Super Bowl XLVII.

No shame in losing to teams that got hot (Packers, Giants) or teams that were just better (Cardinals, 49ers).

The win? 30-28 over the Seahawks in Atlanta in 2012. But you surely remember that one.

How many players do we have left from those 2008-2012 teams?

Ryan
Julio
Bryant (PK)
Bosher (P)
Babs (DT)
Harris (LS)

6 out of 53. Yeah... definitely the same team.

I do admire the confidence of the Seattle fans though. I'll be rooting for you to beat the Lions (which you should, I mean, you are at home) because we want Seattle.

Shut down our offense in our house without Earl and I'll come here and eat my crow.

Not much else to say. Agree?

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2kfesq6q said:
ApnaHawk":2kfesq6q said:

Yep... he is.

No shame in losing to teams that got hot (Packers, Giants) or teams that were just better (Cardinals, 49ers).

The win? 30-28 over the Seahawks in Atlanta in 2012. But you surely remember that one.

Ryan
Julio
Bryant (PK)
Bosher (P)
Babs (DT)
Harris (LS)

I do admire the confidence of the Seattle fans though. I'll be rooting for you to beat the Lions (which you should, I mean, you are at home) because we want Seattle.

Shut down our offense in our house without Earl and I'll come here and eat my crow.

Fair.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2p4i06jo said:
ApnaHawk":2p4i06jo said:

Yes - Deal.

Until then.. Enjoy your time at wherever you belong :)

iigakusei

Reaction score
No shame if we make it to Atlanta and lose - their offense is a juggernaut. If it comes to that I will definitely be rooting for Atlanta to win it all. I always like seeing teams win their first championship.

cymatica

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":14427z3o said:
ApnaHawk":14427z3o said:

Yep... he is.

Ryan
Julio
Bryant (PK)
Bosher (P)
Babs (DT)
Harris (LS)

So what you're telling us is, when Seattle beats Atlanta, they will at least make it to the Subpar Bowel. I Agree.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
iigakusei":1c8xw55t said:
No shame if we make it to Atlanta and lose - their offense is a juggernaut. If it comes to that I will definitely be rooting for Atlanta to win it all. I always like seeing teams win their first championship.

Hey man... appreciate that!

Catching a lot of hate on forums and from the media regarding our team's playoff failures but I don't much worry about it. What happened 2008-2012 has no bearing on 2016 and as I've said no shame with 4 losses to eventual Super Bowl teams.

We do seem to be getting a little respect though.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/01/02/...wl-51-li-atlanta-falcons-new-england-patriots

cymatica":1c8xw55t said:
So what you're telling us is, when Seattle beats Atlanta, they will at least make it to the Subpar Bowel. I Agree.

Actually that wasn't what I was telling you. What I was telling you was we lost to Super Bowl teams... 2 to the team that lost it... and 2 to the team that won it. I don't lose sleep over it... nobody else beat the Giants/Packers those years either.

I will tell you this though... if we are in the Super Bowl vs the Pats and the game comes down to the 1 yard line I'll wager that Matt hands it off to Freeman or Coleman.

Quick slant to Julio would probably work... but nah... the Patriots seem to bust those plays.

BTW, can't really say I'm a betting man, but if you're telling me that the highest scoring team in the NFL (8th all time?) is gonna lose at home to a team that failed to score a TD in 2 games this year AND had 2 games where their defense held the other team to no TD's and they STILL didn't win either game...

... I'd have to take that bet. Lemme know the wager...

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
^ I thought you already agreed a deal, one that had you only returning after the game.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Seriously, I'm pulling for the falcons and Dan Quinn if we can't beat them--as long as their fans don't act like a bunch of dicks. I hate that shit. You have no right to trash talk and absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of the game. Go ahead and get cocky, it just hurts worse when you think you're the shit and can blast anyone, then got knocked the eff out. Ask the most prolific offense in NFL history about it.

cymatica

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":2l8iwuxa said:
Seriously, I'm pulling for the falcons and Dan Quinn if we can't beat them--as long as their fans don't act like a bunch of dicks. I hate that shit. You have no right to trash talk and absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of the game. Go ahead and get cocky, it just hurts worse when you think you're the shit and can blast anyone, then got knocked the eff out. Ask the most prolific offense in NFL history about it.

Just say they cheated. I'm sure we can find a couple of plays to pin on the refs

Seafan

Reaction score
Falcons are the best team in the playoffs. They have the best chance to win it all. Great coaching staff and QB. They shouldn't have any trouble getting to Houston.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2kdiroca said:
^ I thought you already agreed a deal, one that had you only returning after the game.

Don't recall saying that I wouldn't return till after the game. I'll definitely be responding to any "when Seattle beats Atlanta" posts.

I do admire the confidence from that guy though. What'd he do, jump into a Delorean and type in 2013 or what?

KARAVARUS":2kdiroca said:

To tell you the truth man I'm not here because I want to trash talk. I will defend my team (and post facts when I do) which is why I responded to the "Matt Ryan is 1-4 in the playoffs" post in this thread but I've already been down the trash talk road before and it didn't work out very well. (see 2010 vs GB and 2012 vs SF)

I'm confident in this team... more confident than I have been in any previous Atlanta team and I've been a fan since 1978. I don't see any team in the playoffs stopping our offense. Yeah we know the most prolific offense in NFL history was stopped rather hard... but they aren't us and this isn't 2013.

Can we be beat? Of course. Will we? I dunno. I'm enjoying the ride in the meantime.

Seafan":2kdiroca said:
Falcons are the best team in the playoffs. They have the best chance to win it all. Great coaching staff and QB. They shouldn't have any trouble getting to Houston.

Never doubted Quinn. Last year started strong and ended flat... but I expected 8-8 in his first year so I wasn't all that disappointed. This year I expected 10-6 which was my preseason prediction. We got 11-5 which could have easily been 14-2. 5 losses... by 1,2,3,7 and 9 points.

They've exceeded my expectations this year. Did I expect the 8th highest scoring in history with a (probable) MVP in Matt Ryan? Can't say that I did.

It's gonna be a fun ride. Thanks for the props.

irocdave

Reaction score
Man, we have really sensitive posters on our boards. This years version of the hawks isn't the same as the past 4 years version, they are clearly in decline. That being said, they have the experience to knockout several teams. It's impossible to quantify what the experience means when several of the key players from years past are not playing in the coming games so as fans, we resort to the latest statistics or historical statistics. None of know who will step it up and play lights out, but common sense says the seahawks are not going to get by Atlanta if they ugly out a win against Detroit.

I'm sure our new friend from Atlanta could post up in the trash talk forum is he was interested in a bunch of childish my penis is bigger than yours contest, but so far he hasn't. His posts are factual based and most longtime Hawk fans know what he is saying is more than likely going to happen per common sense.

But that's why the matchup isn't decided by a bunch of statistical nerds sitting in conference room at Motel 6. Just ask the 2010 Saints or the 2013 Broncos.

To our new poster from Atlanta, we don't need to be schooled on the Hawks deficiencies, it's been beaten to death in these same forums all year.

Let the games play out and chips fall where they may. If the Falcons beat the Hawks I would pull for them in the SB.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
irocdave":2jkvw94l said:
Man, we have really sensitive posters on our boards. This years version of the hawks isn't the same as the past 4 years version, they are clearly in decline. That being said, they have the experience to knockout several teams. It's impossible to quantify what the experience means when several of the key players from years past are not playing in the coming games so as fans, we resort to the latest statistics or historical statistics. None of know who will step it up and play lights out, but common sense says the seahawks are not going to get by Atlanta if they ugly out a win against Detroit.

I'm sure our new friend from Atlanta could post up in the trash talk forum is he was interested in a bunch of childish my penis is bigger than yours contest, but so far he hasn't. His posts are factual based and most longtime Hawk fans know what he is saying is more than likely going to happen per common sense.

But that's why the matchup isn't decided by a bunch of statistical nerds sitting in conference room at Motel 6. Just ask the 2010 Saints or the 2013 Broncos.

To our new poster from Atlanta, we don't need to be schooled on the Hawks deficiencies, it's been beaten to death in these same forums all year.

Let the games play out and chips fall where they may. If the Falcons beat the Hawks I would pull for them in the SB.

Good post.

Not sure which Atlanta poster you're referring to but I'm not all that into e-peen flexing. I do what I can to respond with facts and leave it at that.

I mainly wanted to respond to the "Matt Ryan is 1-4 in the playoffs" because that's the same thing people love to throw out there... despite the fact this isn't 2012 and 47 of our 53 man current roster weren't around in 2012. I guess what I'm trying to say is bashing Ryan for past failures is pretty irrelevant.

Peyton Manning failed how many times before he won a Super Bowl?

Thanks for the props as well... like I said, I'm along for the ride. This is the best Atlanta team we've had in the Ryan era. I'm confident... but not gonna be a douche about it.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
One thing is certain - if we manage to beat Detroit, the Atlanta fans on this board are going to be insufferable.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
thebanjodude":ltxr53uo said:
One thing is certain - if we manage to beat Detroit, the Atlanta fans on this board are going to be insufferable.

Nah man. I'd actually prefer to have civil discussions related to the game.

Not saying I won't defend my team or anything. @irocdave I guess you were talking to me. Had to go back and read it again. My bad for the comment... I was responding to the "Subpar Bowel" poster.

I generally don't initiate it but I will most certainly respond.

Anyway... good luck Saturday. I want to see a Seattle win. I don't care who we play but it's definitely the most favorable matchup for Atlanta. The GB/NYG winner can go to Dallas.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
The shit that set me off is that no-needed trash talk about super bowl 49. Specifically meant to start slinging shit. Lest not forget, that Atlanta's head coach was the defensive coordinator that allowed a ten point lead to slip away in the 4th quarter, thus resulting in the play. Like I said, you want to be confident about your team, by all means, you have that right. I have the right to see a dick move and call it out. We all pretty much like the falcons, we respect them, and we would likely pull for them to go on and win, should we fall. Right? There's no need to come in here all puffed up. We get it, you're good, and you're posting facts. The games ain't been played yet, and all the facts in the world were not helping the 2010 Saints and the 2013 Broncos. The games have to be played. That's all. Good luck in the playoffs.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":2q6r5jta said:
The shit that set me off is that no-needed trash talk about super bowl 49. Specifically meant to start slinging shit. Lest not forget, that Atlanta's head coach was the defensive coordinator that allowed a ten point lead to slip away in the 4th quarter, thus resulting in the play. Like I said, you want to be confident about your team, by all means, you have that right. I have the right to see a dick move and call it out. We all pretty much like the falcons, we respect them, and we would likely pull for them to go on and win, should we fall. Right? There's no need to come in here all puffed up. We get it, you're good, and you're posting facts. The games ain't been played yet, and all the facts in the world were not helping the 2010 Saints and the 2013 Broncos. The games have to be played. That's all. Good luck in the playoffs.

Thanks.

For the record though... the 49 response was in response to the "So what you're telling us is, when Seattle beats Atlanta, they will at least make it to the Subpar Bowel. I Agree."

Wasn't necessary... and I didn't appreciate it any more than you appreciated my response. All I did was respond to the "Matt Ryan is 1-4 in the playoffs" with facts... yeah, he is 1-4. All 4 losses were to Super Bowl teams.

Ok... so... the Giants and Packers got hot and won it all. The Cardinals and 49ers were just better. Generally hot teams win... and generally the better teams win as well. Football is a team sport and the Falcons weren't the better team those days. Those losses can primarily be blamed on the defense anyway.

2012 NFC championship... Falcons were up 17-0 at home. Lost 28-24. Ryan completed 30 of 42 passes for 396 yards and three touchdowns, with one interception. Jones caught 11 passes for 182 yards and two touchdowns, while White had 7 receptions for 100 yards. Gonzalez caught 8 passes for 78 yards and a score.

Ryan is most definitely not the reason Atlanta lost that game... but yet people continue to bash him for a 1-4 playoff record.

Thanks... and I'm not puffed up and I'm glad you respect the Falcons. I have a lot of respect for Seattle as well. Good luck Saturday.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Atlanta is 1-2 at home against teams that finished the season with a winning record. Their win was against a Green Bay team that was decimated by injuries coming into the game, missing key starters on defense and they had zero viable running backs on the roster. Atlanta won by a point. Atlanta went 6-4 on synthetic surfaces, including 5-3 at home. The Seahawks are 9-2 on synthetic surfaces, including 2-1 on the road.

When we beat the Falcons earlier this year Frank Clark and Kam Chancellor were out. That was a lot of thump sitting on the sidelines. Mike Morgan was still on IR as well. Also, Michael Bennet was knocked out of the game in the 3rd quarter from the cheap shot to the knees by Jake Matthews. What Bennet later called, "a bitch move." Black Santa needed surgery, missed a few games and he assuredly has a little extra motivation for the Falcons. On offense, Russell Wilson was still playing on one leg, Sowell was our starting LT and our RBs were Michael and Spiller. We still won in spite of the horrible no-call on Julio Jones for head slapping Richard Sherman on the Falcons final offensive play. I still can't believe it wasn't called! So obvious.

The Falcons are missing Trufant since we last met and that is pretty huge. We are missing Earl and Tyler, although Tyler was still a bit hobbled in the last meeting. Atlanta has a great offense, but their D is pretty bad and particularly so on synthetic surfaces. Missing Earl really hurts, but Matt Ryan didn't have to deal with Kam, Frank, 2nd-half Santa and MikeMo last time either. Similar score, we win.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":5doebhw3 said:
Atlanta is 1-2 at home against teams that finished the season with a winning record.

The Seahawks are 9-2 on synthetic surfaces, including 2-1 on the road.

When we beat the Falcons earlier this year Frank Clark and Kam Chancellor were out.

I still can't believe it wasn't called! So obvious.

Similar score, we win.

Nice homer post... and I'm gonna hold you to it.

Wasn't Seattle 3-4-1 on the road? Isn't Seattle a NIGHT AND DAY different team on the road?

You can't believe it wasn't called? You mean Sherman's armbar on Julio? Yeah you won... 26-24 in a game Atlanta scored AT WILL in the 2nd half. A game had that been called the Seahawks would have lost.

How many games did the Seahawks not score a TD this year? 2.
How many games did the Seahawks D not give up a TD this year? 2. How many of those did they win? NONE.

Yeah our D is our weakest link... but the D has played considerably better since the bye. (Please don't bring up Drew Brees in garbage time) Seattle's O and their offensive line is their weakest link.

You couldn't even run the ball on the worst run D in the league in SF.... but yet you're going to come into Atlanta and outscore the Falcons? Who's your leading rusher? That guy who plays for GB?

We're a KC pick 2 away from being on the same 6 game winning streak as GB. Is Seattle coming in the playoffs on a roll? Doesn't look like it from here.

I admire the confidence though. This Falcons team is much better than the team that should have won in Seattle... with Earl Thomas. This Seahawks team is worse... wouldn't you agree? No Earl, No Lockett? Can't wait for this matchup... every Falcons fan alive wants it.

Go Seahawks... don't pull a Cardinals game vs the Lions on Saturday.