Getting WAY ahead of myself (Atlanta)

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I still don't know why we are even discussing a game vs Atlanta when we have to get past Detroit first. Falcon fans can just go away for now.
One game at at time. Where are the Lion fans at? Those are the fans that should be here discussing a match-up.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1upw7vut said:
I still don't know why we are even discussing a game vs Atlanta when we have to get past Detroit first. Falcon fans can just go away for now.
One game at at time. Where are the Lion fans at? Those are the fans that should be here discussing a match-up.

Totally agree. I only responded because I'm a transplant who actually follows the Seahawks (although the Falcons are my team for obvious reasons... I'm from Georgia) and I've always lurked these forums as long as I've lived here. I saw the "looking ahead to Atlanta" and then saw the "Matt Ryan is 1-4 in the playoffs" and I had to respond.

I suppose it is easy to look past Detroit given Seattle's playoff record at home... but given the fact that Seattle hasn't won a road divisional game since 1983 and given the current strengths/weaknesses of both teams that I've already pointed out... I like our chances. Most do.

Good luck Saturday. :)

mistaowen

Reaction score
Falcons are legit, I'd say the most complete team in the NFC at this point (I feel like Dallas gets bounced next round). They're going to be comfy at home and whoever goes there will realistically need to score 30 points to win. Seahawks can absolutely win, up til this year they've become a road warrior team, but something feels off for whatever reason. Choking away the 2 seed was big, especially for how they've played on the road so far.

Losing Earl is enormous against an offense like the Falcons who thrive off big plays. Terrell, Lane, and Shead have to step up, starting with the Lions, to make a run.

Largent80

Reaction score
It's easy to say that the Hawks wouldn't be able to stop Atlanta, but they already have. While that doesn't matter what does matter is the playoff experience that they totally own over Atlanta in recent years.

I would say that the Hawks would need to stay close to have a chance.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Largent80":1ib8c1bc said:
It's easy to say that the Hawks wouldn't be able to stop Atlanta, but they already have. While that doesn't matter what does matter is the playoff experience that they totally own over Atlanta in recent years.

I would say that the Hawks would need to stay close to have a chance.

26-24 in Seattle with Earl isn't the same as a divisional playoff game in Atlanta without Earl... but hey, ya'll did win and agreed, it doesn't matter.

Not sure how much that playoff experience is gonna make up for your OL and run game deficiencies.

Either way... we're getting some respect.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/816017207549427712

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Hey!! Any thoughts about how the hell we are going to beat Detroit this weekend? One game at a time..
Funny, how there are no Lions fans here. :laugh:

chris98251

Reaction score
Well I would worry about Detroit, when we finished the first half of the season I was cringing when everyone was putting us in the playoffs as the winner of the division and the number 1 or 2 seed, many were saying our opponents win percentage the rest of the season is garbage and it will be a cake walk, well we walked and made a mess of that cake with our cement slippers but were here. Take nothing for granted, hold nothing back for the next week since it may not be there from here on out.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1d1kr8kk said:
Hey!! Any thoughts about how the hell we are going to beat Detroit this weekend? One game at a time..
Funny, how there are no Lions fans here. :laugh:

Because they have to import them from Pittsburgh every week, don't you remember?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1648hq5u said:
26-24 in Seattle with Earl isn't the same as a divisional playoff game in Atlanta without Earl... but hey, ya'll did win and agreed, it doesn't matter.

Not sure how much that playoff experience is gonna make up for your OL and run game deficiencies.

Either way... we're getting some respect.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/816017207549427712

My question would be how is your team looking at the moment. Are there any players that are dinged up that may be an issue if we happen to squeak by the lions? As always hoping for no issues injury wise, but am curious.

Thanks.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":24qurcpz said:
My question would be how is your team looking at the moment. Are there any players that are dinged up that may be an issue if we happen to squeak by the lions? As always hoping for no issues injury wise, but am curious.

Thanks.

Trufant (CB) on IR since week 9 (arguably our best defensive player although Beasley led NFL with 15.5 sacks)
Hooper (TE) DNP week 17 - expected to be ready for divisional playoff
Gabriel (WR) DNP week 17- expected to be ready for divisional playoff

That's pretty much it. Overall the team is healthy which is where you obviously want to be this time of year. Julio was held out of week 14 and 15 (turf toe) and we still dropped 40+ on the Rams/49ers. He played week 16 and 17 and is expected to be full strength for divisional playoff.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2eq841pq said:
Seahawkfan80":2eq841pq said:

Thanks.

Trufant (CB) on IR since week 9 (arguably our best defensive player although Beasley led NFL with 15.5 sacks)

That's pretty much it. Overall the team is healthy which is where you obviously want to be this time of year. Julio was held out of week 14 and 15 (turf toe) and we still dropped 40+ on the Rams/49ers. He played week 16 and 17 and is expected to be full strength for divisional playoff.

Thank you.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3n2g5p2h said:
Wasn't Seattle 3-4-1 on the road? Isn't Seattle a NIGHT AND DAY different team on the road?

You can't believe it wasn't called? You mean Sherman's armbar on Julio? Yeah you won... 26-24 in a game Atlanta scored AT WILL in the 2nd half. A game had that been called the Seahawks would have lost.

How many games did the Seahawks not score a TD this year? 2.
How many games did the Seahawks D not give up a TD this year? 2. How many of those did they win? NONE.

Yeah our D is our weakest link... but the D has played considerably better since the bye. (Please don't bring up Drew Brees in garbage time) Seattle's O and their offensive line is their weakest link.

You couldn't even run the ball on the worst run D in the league in SF.... but yet you're going to come into Atlanta and outscore the Falcons? Who's your leading rusher? That guy who plays for GB?

We're a KC pick 2 away from being on the same 6 game winning streak as GB. Is Seattle coming in the playoffs on a roll? Doesn't look like it from here.

I admire the confidence though. This Falcons team is much better than the team that should have won in Seattle... with Earl Thomas. This Seahawks team is worse... wouldn't you agree? No Earl, No Lockett? Can't wait for this matchup... every Falcons fan alive wants it.

Go Seahawks... don't pull a Cardinals game vs the Lions on Saturday.

Seattle is a different team on grass and has been during the Wilson era. This year, 1-3-1 on grass with the one win against a very poor SF team. Throw out that SF game and the Seahawks averaged six points per game on grass, didn't score a touchdown in three of those games and held a lead for exactly zero minutes. In short, we suck on grass.

On synthetic surfaces and on the road Seattle is 2-1 and averages about 26ppg. All of those games were with a very hobbled Russell Wilson at QB. Overall, in the Russell Wilson era we are 12-9 on the road when playing on synthetic surfaces and the offense is lights-out better.

Laughing at the Sherman/Jones non calls on that play. It was either off setting penalties or let them play. If you can rewatch that one play you can see that Julio's hands to Richard's face definitely affected him staying with Julio. It was more blatant of a penalty than the uncalled PI. But in those situations I'm glad that most referees let the big time players play.

I agree that Seattle does not have the usual swagger they've carried into the playoffs the last four years. Missing our two fastest players in Lockett and Thomas is a big hit, no doubt. If Seattle loses to the Lions this week, there will be panic reaching far into the off season. If they give Detroit a beat down like I suspect they will, then I guess every Falcon fan alive will get what that want. But really, is it because you all want revenge for the perceived missed call? More likely it's because Seattle is struggling and the Packers and Giants are playing some damn good football right now.

Go Hawks!

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":1pdphkb7 said:
I agree that Seattle does not have the usual swagger they've carried into the playoffs the last four years. Missing our two fastest players in Lockett and Thomas is a big hit, no doubt. If Seattle loses to the Lions this week, there will be panic reaching far into the off season. If they give Detroit a beat down like I suspect they will, then I guess every Falcon fan alive will get what that want. But really, is it because you all want revenge for the perceived missed call? More likely it's because Seattle is struggling and the Packers and Giants are playing some damn good football right now.

Go Hawks!

No sour grapes here about the earlier game. It's just one of IMHO 3 games that Atlanta blew this season... 1 point loss to KC, 2 point loss to SEA, 3 point loss to SD. Easily 14-2 record had they closed the deal in those games.

The other 2 losses were by 7 to TB in week 1 and by 9 in Philly... our worst game of the season. 11-5 with 5 losses by 22 combined. I'll take it either way. You are what your record says you are but I'd still argue Atlanta is stronger than their 11-5 record. It's obvious if you look at the stats.

To answer your question though, it's a combination of the two. Sure I'd love to end Seattle's season and give somewhat of a payback for the earlier game. To a much greater degree though it's about the easiest path to the Super Bowl. I saw a post on MSN yesterday listing the teams with the easiest path and it was the Pats and Falcons.

Opponents based on who I'd like to play... most to least.

Detroit
Seattle
NYG
Dallas
GB

Seattle wins... we get Seattle. NYG/GB take each other out, then go to Dallas and take each other out.

Atlanta has to beat Seattle and 1 of the 3 "top tier IMHO" teams to reach Super Bowl.

Of course I want to play Seattle. The 2016 team just isn't nearly as scary as previous years... especially on the road. Just the way it is.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3c6gaz7x said:
Seahawkfan80":3c6gaz7x said:

Thanks.

I myself like our odds if we do well against Detroit,then go to Atlanta with a mean streak and the Falcons come out flat like so many teams with a bye do.The Hawks team you saw may not be the team you will see.The RB situation might be a lot better and the D can wake up anytime.The playoffs are a new ballgame

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2v4q1pdn said:
I myself like our odds if we do well against Detroit,then go to Atlanta with a mean streak and the Falcons come out flat like so many teams with a bye do.The Hawks team you saw may not be the team you will see.The RB situation might be a lot better and the D can wake up anytime.The playoffs are a new ballgame

That's why they play the games? Seattle hasn't looked all that great for the entire 2nd half of the season. If they can somehow flip a switch, so be it.

I'm looking forward to seeing the run game. Seattle couldn't run on the worst run D in the league.. (SF) Your leading rusher plays for the Packers.

Atlanta on the other hand hasn't really came out flat the entire season... outside of maybe the first half in Seattle and the 24-15 loss in Philly? The D has been solid since the bye. 6 games... 5 wins and a 1 point loss to KC that was given away... average score the last 6 weeks?

Falcons 37
Opponents 21

Any given Sunday but given the way Seattle has played this season and given the way Atlanta has played this season I'd bet on Atlanta being up 3-4 TDs at the half before I'd bet on them coming out flat.

All this of course is pending a win over Detroit... which I expect to be close.... like 3 points either way.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1exwgge3 said:
You are what your record says you are but I'd still argue Atlanta is stronger than their 11-5 record. It's obvious if you look at the stats.

I would agree with almost all of this.

The Falcons didn't do enough to win more than 11 games, or left games close enough that one or two bad plays ended their chance to win.

Your offense is certainly fantastic and worthy of a better record. :2thumbs:

But your defense makes you what your record says you are. :229031_shrug:

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2ct4ca1l said:
FalconsFanNW":2ct4ca1l said:
You are what your record says you are but I'd still argue Atlanta is stronger than their 11-5 record. It's obvious if you look at the stats.

I would agree with almost all of this.

The Falcons didn't do enough to win more than 11 games, or left games close enough that one or two bad plays ended their chance to win.

Your offense is certainly fantastic and worthy of a better record. :2thumbs:

But your defense makes you what your record says you are. :229031_shrug:

Yep... definitely not gonna argue.

11-5 with losses to:

Philly by 9
Bucs by 7
Chargers by 3
Seahawks by 2
Chiefs by 1

I ain't complaining. In the end it was still enough for the #2 seed... which, coincidentally, is what we were seeded when when we last made a Super Bowl run.

We are getting some respect and seen by some as the NFC favorite but we are also the team that a lot aren't talking about. I'm fine with that too. This is the best team of the Matt Ryan era and he is the probable NFL MVP. I'm ready for Falcons/Seahawks next week.

seahawksny

Reaction score
The game was 38 - 13 going into the 4th. That defense has improved dramatically. If the Falcons offense doesn't start playing conservative they score 50+....

I would rather do something else but that's just me. I would be open to this topic as well
Once your team beats DET, the Falcons will get their revenge for that blown no call and Dan Quinn sends his old team home with a loss.[/quote]

LMAO.....38-13 going into the 4th. What was the FINAL score? We are a 4th quarter team, clearly YOU are not. Go away troll.[/quote]

That isn't trolling, that's just the facts.[/quote]

Matt Ryan is 1-4 in the playoffs... That's not trolling.. That's just facts.[/quote]

And the one win came against who?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
I am so looking forward to the Seahawks going to Atlanta and just destroying the Falcons.

fuego

Reaction score
seahawksny":1cqzt0w1 said:
Matt Ryan is 1-4 in the playoffs... That's not trolling.. That's just facts.

And the one win came against who?

Bingo. If one wants to use past playoff history, one can't ignore who it is the Falcons beat either.

Latest posts