Getting WAY ahead of myself (Atlanta)

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Scorpion05":337nd5wq said:
Your posts are more homer than the people you accused of being homer. A few things

1. Atlanta was supposedly the "hot" team when they lost to all of those Super Bowl teams. So that's not an excuse

Wrong. We were the wild card in 2 of those games who lost to the Cardinals on the road in Ryan's rookie season and a hot Giants team who won it all. The same defense that shut us down shut down Brady. Again. I'll give you the other 2 because we were the #1 seed who ran into a hot GB team whom our D couldn't force a single punt against AND who went all the way. We choked the game to the 49ers because the D couldn't maintain a 17 point lead. More blame can be put on the D in those games. Ryan wasn't perfect, but he wasn't horrible either and never threw more than 2 picks in a game.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... elog/post/

He had a 115 rating in the SF game. LOL but it's his fault the D couldn't hold a 17 point lead at home.

None of that's relevant now though... we have exactly 6 players leftover from those teams only one of whom plays defense. Ryan, Julio, our kicker, our punter, our long snapper, and Babs our DT.

2. Seattle is 3-4-1 on the road. Our team was more decimated with injuries than yours(especially to our QB), CJ Prosise is injured, and Rawls wasn't 100% early in the season. So..yea.

When has Seattle ever been good on the road in the last 5 years? Last divisional road win? 1983?

5. The fact of the matter is, Matt Ryan has choked in the playoffs thus far. No excuse for 1-4. Good for him as well for not choking late in the season after starting out hot

If you blame Ryan for losses where the D couldn't force GB to punt a single time and where the D blew a 17 point lead in a game where Ryan threw for nearly 400 yards and 3 TDs with only 1 pick... can I say that RW's whole "legacy" is because he walked into a job with a historic defense to carry him? I mean, c'mon. 4 picks vs GB? Last year vs Carolina?
Ryan may only have 1 win, but it was against Seattle. Pot meet kettle.

7. We don't expect to shut down your offense, but contain it? Sure.

Ok.

8. In all the games where you faced good defenses(the Chiefs, Seahawks, Broncos), you either lost or scored no more than 30 points.

Which is more than Seattle has scored in 10 of their 16 games this season. Lost to KC @ home by 1... choked the game with a pick 2. Seattle by 2 on the road. Beat Denver and their D at their place when they were undefeated. Atlanta played the toughest schedule in the NFL this season by the way. 11-5 with all 5 losses by 22 combined is pretty respectable.

9. You lost to the Eagles

Yep. Our biggest loss of the season. 9 points on the road. You lost to the Cardinals. The same Cardinals we beat by 19. Thanks for the #2 seed.

10. Your team has run over teams with no QB or no defense.

Your team hasn't been able to run on teams with no run defense. SF last week. Your leading rusher plays for GB.

I really hope we beat the Lions and come to your house

So do we. Nobody in the NFL is scared of the Seahawks this season. True story.

Seahwkgal":337nd5wq said:
I keep trying to get the topic on the task at hand AKA THE DETROIT LIONS but you would swear by the conversations, we already beat them or the next game is vs Atlanta. At least Lions fans are not trolling our board.

Not sure if the Lions fans would want to post in a "looking ahead to Atlanta" thread. Maybe tell your fellow fans to quit posting threads overlooking the Lions while dissing my boy Matt Ryan and his 1-4 playoff record which is completely irrelevant to this season.

I wouldn't have had a reason to post. I could have waited for the "We're gonna go into Atlanta and beat them in their house" threads like you were gonna do to Carolina last year.

... and nobody's trolling. I'm posting in a thread related to the Falcons that a Seattle fan created.

pcbball12

Reaction score
2. Seattle is 3-4-1 on the road. Our team was more decimated with injuries than yours(especially to our QB), CJ Prosise is injured, and Rawls wasn't 100% early in the season. So..yea.

When has Seattle ever been good on the road in the last 5 years? Last divisional road win? 1983?

Huh? Our last divisional road win is week 17 of this year lol.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
pcbball12":3mosmsrp said:

Huh? Our last divisional road win is week 17 of this year lol.

Divisional playoffs.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":330b3y8q said:
Scorpion05":330b3y8q said:
Your posts are more homer than the people you accused of being homer. A few things

1. Atlanta was supposedly the "hot" team when they lost to all of those Super Bowl teams. So that's not an excuse

Wrong. We were the wild card in 2 of those games who lost to the Cardinals on the road in Ryan's rookie season and a hot Giants team who won it all. The same defense that shut us down shut down Brady. Again. I'll give you the other 2 because we were the #1 seed who ran into a hot GB team whom our D couldn't force a single punt against AND who went all the way. We choked the game to the 49ers because the D couldn't maintain a 17 point lead. More blame can be put on the D in those games. Ryan wasn't perfect, but he wasn't horrible either and never threw more than 2 picks in a game.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... elog/post/

He had a 115 rating in the SF game. LOL but it's his fault the D couldn't hold a 17 point lead at home.

None of that's relevant now though... we have exactly 6 players leftover from those teams only one of whom plays defense. Ryan, Julio, our kicker, our punter, our long snapper, and Babs our DT.

5. The fact of the matter is, Matt Ryan has choked in the playoffs thus far. No excuse for 1-4. Good for him as well for not choking late in the season after starting out hot

If you blame Ryan for losses where the D couldn't force GB to punt a single time and where the D blew a 17 point lead in a game where Ryan threw for nearly 400 yards and 3 TDs with only 1 pick... can I say that RW's whole "legacy" is because he walked into a job with a historic defense to carry him? I mean, c'mon. 4 picks vs GB? Last year vs Carolina?
Ryan may only have 1 win, but it was against Seattle. Pot meet kettle.

7. We don't expect to shut down your offense, but contain it? Sure.

Ok.

8. In all the games where you faced good defenses(the Chiefs, Seahawks, Broncos), you either lost or scored no more than 30 points.

Which is more than Seattle has scored in 10 of their 16 games this season. Lost to KC @ home by 1... choked the game with a pick 2. Seattle by 2 on the road. Beat Denver and their D at their place when they were undefeated. Atlanta played the toughest schedule in the NFL this season by the way. 11-5 with all 5 losses by 22 combined is pretty respectable.

9. You lost to the Eagles

Yep. Our biggest loss of the season. 9 points on the road. You lost to the Cardinals. The same Cardinals we beat by 19. Thanks for the #2 seed.

10. Your team has run over teams with no QB or no defense.

Your team hasn't been able to run on teams with no run defense. SF last week. Your leading rusher plays for GB.

I really hope we beat the Lions and come to your house

So do we. Nobody in the NFL is scared of the Seahawks this season. True story.

Seahwkgal":330b3y8q said:
I keep trying to get the topic on the task at hand AKA THE DETROIT LIONS but you would swear by the conversations, we already beat them or the next game is vs Atlanta. At least Lions fans are not trolling our board.

Not sure if the Lions fans would want to post in a "looking ahead to Atlanta" thread. Maybe tell your fellow fans to quit posting threads overlooking the Lions while dissing my boy Matt Ryan and his 1-4 playoff record which is completely irrelevant to this season.

I wouldn't have had a reason to post. I could have waited for the "We're gonna go into Atlanta and beat them in their house" threads like you were gonna do to Carolina last year.

... and nobody's trolling. I'm posting in a thread related to the Falcons that a Seattle fan created.
This being a SEAHAWK FAN board and all, I would tread lightly. A paranoid(yes, I do think you are defensive and are stalking this site for any anti-Ryan comment here)fan of another team tends to get Trollish, if you ask me. Speaking of comments about Ryan, you have made negative comments about our QB 'in our house(board'). This is why I don't run around the internet looking for other team's boards. It's just dumb when your own team has a great site to discuss the team on. Either your main discussion board is lame or you have issues and are looking to argue, blah, blah. You have to respect the fact that you are in our house. I don't know what other point to make to you. We have the right to berate our own team, players, coaches, etc. There is some in sight arguing, however, we are all fans of this team and want the same thing. The problem I have with opposing team fans is when they don't talk purely x's and o's and their homerish opinions get thrust in the mix. If you want to talk about how much better your team may or may not be, do it in your house. Please!! :141847_bnono:

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":hm5wlrfh said:
This being a SEAHAWK FAN board and all, I would tread lightly. A paranoid(yes, I do think you are defensive and are stalking this site for any anti-Ryan comment here)fan of another team tends to get Trollish, if you ask me. Speaking of comments about Ryan, you have made negative comments about our QB 'in our house(board'). This is why I don't run around the internet looking for other team's boards. It's just dumb when your own team has a great site to discuss the team on. Either your main discussion board is lame or you have issues and are looking to argue, blah, blah. You have to respect the fact that you are in our house. I don't know what other point to make to you. We have the right to berate our own team, players, coaches, etc. There is some in sight arguing, however, we are all fans of this team and want the same thing. The problem I have with opposing team fans is when they don't talk purely x's and o's and their homerish opinions get thrust in the mix. If you want to talk about how much better your team may or may not be, do it in your house. Please!! :141847_bnono:

No problem with that... and I do respect where I'm at. I've actually been lurking here for the last couple years I am in Renton after all... just haven't had a reason to register till now.

Not really sure my opinion is homerish though... people trash Ryan for his playoff record when they should be trashing the defense that was behind him. Letting the other team score on 7 possessions with 0 punts and letting the other team come back from a 17-0 deficit can't be blamed on the QB. It doesn't get any simpler than that... and I'll defend him for those reasons till the cows come home.

... and I'm not here to talk about how much better my team is. I'm here to talk about the upcoming matchup... I just got started early in the "looking ahead to Atlanta thread."

Good luck Saturday.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I'm here to talk about the upcoming matchup... I just got started early in the "looking ahead to Atlanta thread."
What matchup? IMO, DETROIT first. I said this was dumb thread for that very reason. "If" we win Saturday, I am sure there will be 200 threads about Atlanta. I have yet to find a single post about the UPCOMING matchup and it is weird if you ask me. I hardly doubt that the team is discussing a game that "could" happen but many here sure are. SMH. I don't know, I love this fanbase but we have been spoiled by a stellar team and I think too many are used to that so therefore they jump the gun. Honestly, I haven't even been thinking about Atlanta at all.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Man these Falcons fans are pretty cocky.

Interesting.

I think it will be a great game if that's the match-up. The Falcons are damn good.

You can never count out Russell Wilson, however. Down 31-0 vs Carolina and we almost made it all the way back.

I will say this: I would take Atlanta over Dallas or Green Bay, hands down.

This is your shot, Falcons. Don't blow it like you did in 2012.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":19ln91zo said:
I'm here to talk about the upcoming matchup... I just got started early in the "looking ahead to Atlanta thread."
What matchup? IMO, DETROIT first. I said this was dumb thread for that very reason. "If" we win Saturday, I am sure there will be 200 threads about Atlanta. I have yet to find a single post about the UPCOMING matchup and it is weird if you ask me. I hardly doubt that the team is discussing a game that "could" happen but many here sure are. SMH. I don't know, I love this fanbase but we have been spoiled by a stellar team and I think too many are used to that so therefore they jump the gun. Honestly, I haven't even been thinking about Atlanta at all.

I agree... it was a dumb thread. You shouldn't be thinking about Atlanta.

I can't speak for Detroit fans... no idea where they are at. Their boards are kinda dull IMHO... just looked.

I'd also agree about the Seattle fan base being spoiled by success. I know quite a few people like that. Nothing wrong with it... it's been a nice 5 year run no doubt. All runs come to an end sooner or later though... unless you're the Pats. I think the Hawks have a few more years left in the run as long as they start investing in the OL so Wilson doesn't get killed.

I can say without question picking up the C Alex Mack from Cleveland paid huge dividends to the season that Ryan has had. I'm also of the opinion that swapping Unger for Graham was a mistake.

Anyways... I'm just a sports fan who enjoys a good debate.

FlyingGreg":19ln91zo said:
Man these Falcons fans are pretty cocky.

Interesting.

I think it will be a great game if that's the match-up. The Falcons are damn good.

You can never count out Russell Wilson, however. Down 31-0 vs Carolina and we almost made it all the way back.

I will say this: I would take Atlanta over Dallas or Green Bay, hands down.

This is your shot, Falcons. Don't blow it like you did in 2012.

Hey! Appreciate that!

For the record though I don't ever count out Seattle. I've watched every game of the RW era and have seen far too many comebacks. Far too many.

Agreed this is our best shot. The team is healthy... Quinn has the brotherhood going strong. Outside of Ryan, Julio, Babs and special teamers we have a new roster with no leftovers from 2012.

ESPN FPI has Atlanta at 45% to represent the NFC... followed by Dallas at 32% for whatever that's worth. It's nice to be getting some respect although you still gotta play the games. I'm confident and don't care who we play.

Good luck vs Detroit.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW-I give you credit for by yourself standing up for your team.I mean you counter every post with stat(s) to back up what your trying to say and will do it over if needed.You go beyond what I see from other teams fans and you do it with class for the most part.I wouldn't mind hearing what you have to say about other teams and the game itself.So no matter what happens I hope you will post every now and then.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2020h8xp said:
FalconsFanNW-I give you credit for by yourself standing up for your team.I mean you counter every post with stat(s) to back up what your trying to say and will do it over if needed.You go beyond what I see from other teams fans and you do it with class for the most part.I wouldn't mind hearing what you have to say about other teams and the game itself.So no matter what happens I hope you will post every now and then.

Thanks IndyHawk.

I do what I can to make my points and back them up with facts and stats.

As said, I will defend Ryan till the cows come home regarding his 1-4 playoff record. The hate just isn't warranted when you look at his individual performances in the games.

I will continue to post. :)