REC: 64
YDS: 898 - Most rec yds on team since 2009
AVG: 14.0
TDS: 5

PUNT RETURNING
ATT: 51
YDS: 585 - 2nd in NFL
AVG: 11.5

Really hope we can lock this guy up long term. The thought of him, Percy, Beast, and Wilson all on the field at the same
time for the next couple years is mind blowingly insane. Add C-Mike to that recipe... Dynasty.

Threw this together a couple days ago, figured I'd share with ya'll folks. I organized the plays by Screens 0:12, Short Passes 1:04, Deep Passes 2:15, and Punts 5:01.

[youtube]pcSterf6OK8[/youtube]

sutz

Reaction score
He's just so electric in the open field. Nice mashup there. :th2thumbs:

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
We need one on Angry Doug. These kind of videos really show what our receiving corp has done for the Seahawks when some people think they dont do anything

A

Anonymous

BleedGreenNblue":34r3iap9 said:
We need one on Angry Doug. These kind of videos really show what our receiving corp has done for the Seahawks when some people think they dont do anything

That reminds me, we need to see a fresh Shoeless Dick highlight reel too.

Tate is simply exploding this year. It's like he woke up one morning and every pencil in his box was perfectly-sharpened.

So fun to watch.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Awesome. He's got to be tops on the resign list. Thanks for doing that highlight vid.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Tate has really become a dynamic playmaker in the NFL.

He's the type of player that Carroll and Schneider covet in the NFL.

They aren't going to let him go without a fight. Hopefully Sidney Rice's money will be enough to get close to re-signing Tate.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Great video and Tate made some great pays this year. I'd love to keep gin around but not for to much money and at the chance of losing Bennet, ET, or Sherman in the future. If Harvin gets on the field be can do that plus some but we lack a big physical WR and we need to get that.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
If Percy harvin and Hines ward had a baby, you'd get golden tate. Man, I'd hate to see this guy go but we are gonna have some very difficult decisions to make in the near future.

With all the upcoming free agents after this season, and soon to be free agents, what kind of contract would you offer to golden if you were the gm?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
If he does as he says and expects to be in a dynasty run the players must expect a New England deal and in some cases take obvious under market money if they want to stay.

OP
OP
RussJames

RussJames

Reaction score
BleedGreenNblue":2gmn81ow said:

I'd love to do one on Baldwin but I don't have All-22 tape and most of Baldwin's plays were downfield or after Wilson extended the play. Wouldn't be quite as much fun watching just from the normal broadcast angle...

I do plan on making one on the D-line though. Hopefully sometime in the next couple days.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Golden reminds me so much of Hines Ward. I know people here cannot stand him but his game reminds me so much of Ward, minus the punt returns which makes Golden better overall.

DrDix

Reaction score
Every time Tate gets the ball you get the feeling something is likely going to happen. He's young, cocky, and extremely talented. Him and Percy for two top WRs? Please sign him.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Thanks for posting! That's a great highlight video.

I don't know how any hawks fan cannot love this guy. It seems a few people try to compare our receivers by their individual stats alone without taking into consideration how much our offense spreads the ball.

Was really nice to see Tate have such a big game vs the rams! I think it helps a struggling offense to kind of focus in on specific playmakers like Tate. Generally we try to get everyone involved but this year our offensive line and pass protection in general is so poor I think focusing in a bit more on Tate specifically is perfect. Kinda like how Kaepernick seems to only look at one or two guys a play and they seem to make a lot of big plays anyways. Wilson's capable to go through his progressions very effectively but this year there just hasn't been enough time.

It's kinda crazy how Baldwin was leading us in receiving yards before rams game! I still feel our passing game is a lot stronger than it appears on paper. If we run the right plays and get the run going as well it can be downright deadly. Can you imagine if we have Tate, Harvin, And Baldwin somehow healthy for playoffs!?

I still think Zach Miller is very under rated with his play making even though he's so slow. And Willson was looking very good to.

Also seems like we are starting to open the play book a little more with Lockette and with his speed with a 4.32 40 yard dash I think he is a pretty reliable guy to get at least briefly wide open on quick routes.

If we have all these guys healthy and with us next season and somehow get Sydney Rice back like how he was in 2012... And got Lynch and Christine Michael in backfield WOW.

I think we need to just get some new pieces on offensive line and do our best to keep our roster in tact otherwise.

But ya back to this topic... Tate is amazing! Really love his style. His footwork is incredible with his ability to extend plays after contact or make guys flat out miss. He's not afraid of contact and his ball skills while in the air are flat out ridiculous. He can contort his body into the craziest positions while still maintaining perfect balance and focus to catch the ball. It's pretty dang special hope he's with us a long time!

Edit: how could I forget Kearse?! That guy has been money all year filling in for Sydney.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I love Golden Tate. A lot! But after watching that Percy Harvin Vikings highlight reel, he looks kinda pedestrian. I can't wait to see Golden Tate 2.0, with PH to get the dogs off of him... God I want these playoffs to start! I feel like a little kid and there's still a WHOLE WEEK to go 'till Christmas! That translates to ETERNITY!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
We seriously need to get him the ball in a bit of space. Why we don't regularly throw more screens to him but also work on slants and the like for him, I'll never know.

He's got Percy's tackle-breaking tendencies, but not the elite speed.

irocdave

Reaction score
Tate IS what we thought Harvin would be this year. He is one of the guys that needs to be resigned. He plays every game and plays the same style as Harvin, only without the drama. He doesn't have the speed but more than makes up for it with toughness and great hands. My patience is wearing thin with Harvin. I really hope he can deal with the discomfort and make a difference in the playoffs this year. If not I will be pissed that he took a valuable roster spot on the team in the playoffs. This is coming from some one who has both knees operated on and my lower back all before the age of 35. If you need surgery it will never feel the same. You just have to accept it and deal with it. Rant off.