Golden Tate signs with the Lions

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I hope he got a great deal. He's going to thrive in Detroit. Spending 4 years to develop a guy that shows it then let him go....meh.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3os5y5c7 said:
Josina Anderson @JosinaAnderson
Based on text I just got, sounds like Golden Tate is still learning of this Lions deal. "I have not accepted or even heard the terms yet."

Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson
Doesn't mean he won't. Tate is literally getting info right now.

Haha umm what? This could get interesting.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3pv9g26d said:
dontbelikethat":3pv9g26d said:
Based on text I just got, sounds like Golden Tate is still learning of this Lions deal. "I have not accepted or even heard the terms yet."

Looks like it's pretty close to done though, they're just finalizing the terms.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2gw25wi1 said:

Seahawks Twitter just retweeted the Lions article announcing Tate's signing, so looks like it's pretty much done.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
does it make a bad 12 if i buy a Tate lions jersey?

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
This one stings. Of all the free agents out there I wanted him the most. He's so valuable to the offense and special teams. He does it all, he's tough as nails and sure-handed. Don't like this one bit.

Cartire

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3h6doo09 said:
Missing_Clink":3h6doo09 said:
dontbelikethat":3h6doo09 said:

Looks like it's pretty close to done though, they're just finalizing the terms.

Lol, the days of agents. Tate hasn't even read the deal yet.

ErikG803

Reaction score
Now he gets to play the Packers twice a year at least, lol

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Tate had some great plays here. Now they have to sign Baldwin and draft a WR in a deep draft at the position. I wonder what the cash is like on the deal. If it is 7 mill plus I think that is way too much! We need a guy who can go up and get it down field, Tate was never gonna be this guy. Will remember him for the greatest hail mary since Flutie in BC....

plyka

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":4pbt2xqo said:
Grateful for his help in bringing home the trophy to the Seahawks.

Man, I hope Odell Beckham Jr. slips to #32 to us...He'd be a perfect replacement in the WR corps as well as returning punts.

The hawks front office surprises yet again! Best front office in the NFL. As I have been saying for a while now, Tate is a good player but just doesn't fit with kearse, Percy and Baldwin. They are too similar. Not to mention tht I rate all three better and much cheaper than Tate. Tate and red are fan favorites, but this front office knows that you cannot sign people based on emotion.

I don't expect the hawks to go after a similar WR like beckam jr. I'm expecting a massive wideout with speed and good hands.

Reaction score
Yeah, this really saddens me - LOVED what Golden Tate did here - basically caught almost everything that was thrown at him, was a ferocious blocker and returner. Hope all the best for him in Detroit - he should really be able to put up some numbers across from Megatron in a more pass heavy offense.....and yet not be able to get to the playoffs.....I see this probably playing out along the lines of them picking up Nate Burleson from us a few years ago.

Will never forget this:
hailmary.gif

lol, 710 just read a tweet that someone had sent them RE: Golden "Joke's on Golden - They only have Dunkin Donuts and Sadness in Detroit"

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Dave Birkett ‏@davebirkett 17s
So Lions' deal with Tate is 5 years worth $31M and $13.25M guaranteed, per @JosinaAnderson.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Golden Tate ‏@ShowtimeTate 18s
Wow I'm officially a Detroit #Lion. Extremely excited about the opportunity to grow with this organization.

amill87

Reaction score
plyka":1y0gqgwf said:
HunnyBadger":1y0gqgwf said:
Grateful for his help in bringing home the trophy to the Seahawks.

Man, I hope Odell Beckham Jr. slips to #32 to us...He'd be a perfect replacement in the WR corps as well as returning punts.

The hawks front office surprises yet again! Best front office in the NFL. As I have been saying for a while now, Tate is a good player but just doesn't fit with kearse, Percy and Baldwin. They are too similar. Not to mention tht I rate all three better and much cheaper than Tate. Tate and red are fan favorites, but this front office knows that you cannot sign people based on emotion.

I don't expect the hawks to go after a similar WR like beckam jr. I'm expecting a massive wideout with speed and good hands.

Exactly. Tate is a good player but does not offer much versatility to this offense. He's always been referred to as the poor mans Harvin. He has some pretty good jump ball skills but so does Kearse and Kearse really started coming on at the end of last year.

Tate was never coming back here unless he came really cheap and he has no reason to take a cheap contract, he's still young.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Detroit really loves signing and drafting receivers. Are they ever going to get a defense and win a playoff game?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2tcarc0h said:
Dave Birkett ‏@davebirkett 17s
So Lions' deal with Tate is 5 years worth $31M and $13.25M guaranteed, per @JosinaAnderson.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Golden Tate ‏@ShowtimeTate 18s
Wow I'm officially a Detroit #Lion. Extremely excited about the opportunity to grow with this organization.

Guess that rumored Seahawks offer was false.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Janoris Jenkins is probably stoked that Tate is leaving the NFC West.

I'll say this, the Greenbay-Detroit games will be just a tad more interesting this year.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Joique Bell said as he was leaving the office where he signed his contract, Golden Tate was going in...