Golden Tate signs with the Lions

Atradees

Reaction score
I liked the Superman play he made against the Bears. He had wiggle for YAC. That was his best attribute.

He was kinda redundant and I am glad we did not overpay.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I liked Tate, especially his versatility. He'll be missed for sure. With that said, his talent isn't irreplaceable. I hope at least he got paid.

It does beg the question though....if he was willing to play here for less and took Detroit's offer so quick, did we even make an offer?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
super bummed about this. Not sure I've ever been this bummed about losing a guy on the hawks.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hope he looks forward to playing the Packers twice a year.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Josina Anderson @JosinaAnderson
Based on text I just got, sounds like Golden Tate is still learning of this Lions deal. "I have not accepted or even heard the terms yet."

Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson
Doesn't mean he won't. Tate is literally getting info right now.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Damnit this day just keeps getting screwier by the minute! Thanks for the memories Tater!

Reaction score
Ya I'm bummed out by this news too. The guy played hard and with a chip on his shoulder. He was a fun player to watch and a guy you want on your team. Wish him the best but yeah this sucks.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the memories Golden! Good luck in Detroit.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
He did great while here, and if he has a nice contract and thinks it is a good fit then good for him.

Now, what is really going on in my mind is that this means more on-field time for Doug Baldwin....and that ain't nothin' but good...

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I officially HATE the LieDowns now. Great for Tate getting the money he deserves but this really sucks for our team. Who is going to return punts and block down field like him now? Big mistake letting him go. BOOOOO!!!

AgentDib

Reaction score
Tate was a fun player to root for; I wish him the best in Detroit where he'll be joining Kris Durham.

It's pretty funny that less than a week ago the forum sentiment was strongly pro-Tate and anti-Bennett, solely as a result of their respective media sound bites.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I don't think losing him is that big of a deal. We will have percy this year (hopefully healthy). And really replacing him is much easier than people think. We could draft someone that could do the exact same thing as he did. He will get better numbers over there. He got his ring now its time for him to put up gaudy numbers with a pretty bad organization. Good luck tate our 4th round draft choice this year will put up the same numbers as you did in seattle...lol

Reaction score
I know, I know.......In JC/PC We Trust !!!

to me, this hurts a little......

1) Good Luck Golden & THANKS !! :thirishdrinkers:
2) :pray: * * PLEASE STAY HEALTHLY PERCY * * :pray:

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Most notable play in Seattle will always be the one he didn't make...The Fail Mary. :stirthepot: Yeah, go ahead and crucify me now.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":7ot3t3xp said:
I officially HATE the LieDowns now. Great for Tate getting the money he deserves but this really sucks for our team. Who is going to return punts and block down field like him now? Big mistake letting him go. BOOOOO!!!

Doug Baldwin

Penman96

Reaction score
Too bad if true - but good for GT if he has done well. I believe our Front Office really wanted to keep him and probably offered a reasonable deal based on what was available for drafting, and taking into account the guys we had already.

Didn't work out - so no worries. I wish him all the best.