Golden Tate signs with the Lions

ErikG803

Reaction score
5/31, 13.25 guaranteed

Tate tweeted he's a Lion, it's official.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Mike Garafolo‏@MikeGarafolo·2 mins
There. Put it on the board. RT @JosinaAnderson: Tate: "Yes I am taking the deal (with Lions). 5-yr deal for $31M + $13.25M guaranteed."

Cartire

Reaction score
Well, at least he can get a mansion in Detroit for less then half a mil. Cost of living would be a factor for me.

davidonmi

Reaction score
can someone with some knowledge on this stuff say what we'll get in terms of compensation?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I wouldn't have paid that much for him. Actually glad we have a need and draft a WR.

ivotuk

Reaction score
If they use him, they got a good deal. He will eat NFCN defenses alive with CJ on the other side of him.

Throwdown

Reaction score
So we weren't gonna get that discount he ran his mouth about? He did take the money to go somewhere to win a few games here n there?

Whatevz, don't care anymore. Dudes a clown for being fake. I'm never mad at anyone getting all they can, but don't talk out your youknowwhat and say things people don't mean.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Thats impressive. Excellent draft for WR and Tate still pulls this off? Wow, its not surprising we didn't retain him with that offer on the table.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Hawknballs":14ns3d33 said:
Dave Birkett ‏@davebirkett 17s
So Lions' deal with Tate is 5 years worth $31M and $13.25M guaranteed, per @JosinaAnderson.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Golden Tate ‏@ShowtimeTate 18s
Wow I'm officially a Detroit #Lion. Extremely excited about the opportunity to grow with this organization.

rightbench":14ns3d33 said:
report said we offered him 5 yrs 35 mil and he turned it down. Since he said he'd take a bit of a discount to stay here you have to think they paid him north of that.... 5 years $43 mil?

Obviously we didn't offer 5 yrs 35 mill LOL. No way Tate takes less money to play for that craphole LOL. I wonder what we did offer him if anything at all??

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He got $6M/yr with over two years guaranteed. Pretty much exactly where I thought his market would be. $5M/year with only two guaranteed would've been a discount.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":nb73u5s3 said:
Hawknballs":nb73u5s3 said:
So Lions' deal with Tate is 5 years worth $31M and $13.25M guaranteed, per @JosinaAnderson.
Wow I'm officially a Detroit #Lion. Extremely excited about the opportunity to grow with this organization.

rightbench":nb73u5s3 said:
report said we offered him 5 yrs 35 mil and he turned it down. Since he said he'd take a bit of a discount to stay here you have to think they paid him north of that.... 5 years $43 mil?

Obviously we didn't offer 5 yrs 35 mill LOL. No way Tate takes less money to play for that craphole LOL. I wonder what we did offer him if anything at all??

Who said we offered him 5/35? I don't believe that for a second.

Cartire

Reaction score
Throwdown":oe4pfwk1 said:
So we weren't gonna get that discount he ran his mouth about? He did take the money to go somewhere to win a few games here n there?

Whatevz, don't care anymore. Dudes a clown for being fake. I'm never mad at anyone getting all they can, but don't talk out your youknowwhat and say things people don't mean.

We have no idea what, if anything, the hawks offered him besides Softys lame source. I almost believe we didn't even present him with an offer. What's he suppose to do, not sign with anyone?

jkitsune

Reaction score
Throwdown":2qu0mwb4 said:

It's not as if it's your livelihood to weigh against attachment to a group of fickle fans who will turn on you the second they perceive an injustice.

It's easy to say you want to take less to stay home, but when the money is on the table, it's a different deal. Dude played his butt off for us for years.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Golden Tate ‏@ShowtimeTate 3m
However Seattle I am extremely thankful for the support and love the city has given me over the past 4 years. It's tough to leave such a

Golden Tate ‏@ShowtimeTate 3s
Great place. I appreciate everything the city, coaches, and teammates have done for me. I will always value how great seattle was to me

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":18eopydo said:
seahawk12thman":18eopydo said:
Hawknballs":18eopydo said:

rightbench":18eopydo said:

Who said we offered him 5/35? I don't believe that for a second.

Rightbench see above..

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Seaswab":2r9g733e said:
He disappears against good corners

This..

He showed his true character against Arizona who shut him down. We really needed him that game against an elite team and Peterson destroyed him..

drdiags

Reaction score
Best of luck to Golden Tate. He, along with Red and Chris Clemons, added a lot of toughness to this team. He has matured over the years and will in the future. I expect him to do well in Detroit. This move was decided last year when Percy Harvin was brought on-board. I wonder if a James Jones or some mid-tier WR is going to be targeted in the weeks to come?

That smooth buzz after the Superbowl is starting to wear off, but such is the NFL. Take care Tater.

theascension

Reaction score
Mostly wondering who returns punts now. I think everyone was right that as a WR he wasn't worth 6 a year. Sure hope we draft well....

Latest posts