Good Job Bevell

Cartire

Reaction score
I also hate the slants argument Roland. You assume you can just throw slants against any teams with no consequences. Some teams, it's just not the right gameplan. Vs Denver, it was.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3ejdvvx1 said:
Are you serious with that? You just proved my point again. Even YOU admitted we didn't lose because of offense in Indy, thereby negating your point about 16-0. My god, you don't even know what you're arguing at this point; you're just going for pure contradiction.
*facepalm* Hey, guess what? Just because our offense isn't what primarily lost us the game in Indy doesn't mean it couldn't have saved it in Indy. You know, like how our defense is directly responsible for about 10 of our wins in the regular season this year, saving the offense time and time and time and time again? The one time ALL YEAR our defense really flounders, our offense couldn't make a big save. Yet, our offense has demanded that the defense keep its ass out of the fire countless times. You may find that satisfactory, but that doesn't mean all of us do.

Sarlacc83":3ejdvvx1 said:
Oh, and slants, slants, slants. You mean the ones the throws were dropped a bunch of times? Also, the fact that you can't understand the difference between 34 points against Arizona with Rice v. 10 w/o him means that it's not worth discussing the issue with you because your confirmation bias has destroyed any semblance of an argument you might have had. It's embarrassing how easy it is to dismiss your comments, though it gets tiring when I continue to demolish them only to have you pull a Warner. I'm still waiting for my list of 5 Offensive coordinators who are better than Bevell.
We had exactly one game where we dropped several slant attempts. Perhaps if we actually practiced them regularly, we'd be more effective with them? Nah, that couldn't be the case. You accusing me of confirmation bias is really rich. Plus, you wanting me to not understand something doesn't make it so.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":20ducr5t said:
kearly":20ducr5t said:
Bevell didn't get lucky and he didn't do anything all that different from what he normally does. Against average defenses that fail to game plan against Bevell's tendencies and who lack the athletic talent to corral Wilson, Seattle's offense is going to dominate. Period. Especially if Percy Harvin is on the field making DCs freak out all the time.

Let's get an OC who can counter the blitz or get so many weapons that auto-blitzing becomes unthinkable. Losing Harvin for most of the season hurt Seattle far more than anyone could have imagined, and they still went 16-3 with a championship.

That's not Bevell. That's Wilson. I said it before, and I'll say it again: The 49ers blitzed Wilson because they knew he'd hang onto the ball rather than use a hot read. It's also blame on Carroll, who obviously didn't correct the issue, and instead. Pete wanted a sack rather than a turnover because he trusted his defense and his big play offense - which is why he called Wilson "exquisite". If you want Bevell gone, you're basically undermining Pete's authority for not getting rid of Super Bowl winning OC.

Furthermore, when Seattle holds Brees and Manning to paltry numbers, we shout and yell about how awesome the LOB is. When #2, 3, and 4 ranked defenses do the same to our offense, it's all about how crappy Bevell is. That's completely ridiculous. You don't blow out elite defenses every time. They wouldn't be elite if you did.

Sorry wrong its Bevell there has to be a hot read to throw to, if you bother to look there were very few hot reads or check downs after the NO regular season game until the SB. THe point is if we play to win rather than not to loose, the #2-4 defense will not stup us, example first game against SF in our our house, the first game against NO, there was a change in play calling after that game, PC said it, they went very conservative, in the SB they did not. You saw Lynch ask PC if we could score more even though we were up, he was not kidding he asked because since the NO regular season game that have gotten a lead and got even more conservative. Playing not loose as opposed to playing to win, relying on our defense to hold a lead, instead of allow the Offense to score more. PC words, and yet in the SB he let Rw be Rw and the offense continue to score.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
BEVELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you guys imagine if we'd have had even just a moderately competent OC this season? Why, we coulda took this dang thing all the way to the Super Bowl! Maybe won it!

You know what we need to do, we need to hire the guy from Arizona or San Diego or Pittsburgh. Bring in Norv Turner maybe or Mike Martz. That's the key to our eventual success!!

#BringBackGregKnapp

chris98251

Reaction score
So nice to see that we are back to normal and with no Super Bowl Hangover, be nice guys we have a long off season.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":30at8831 said:
I was surprised by often we threw the ball in the second half. Loved the quick passes and fly sweeps to Harvin; also liked the variety of passes to the other recievers (mixture of short and long passes). Also loved that we didn't rely on play-action on so many of our passes, there were many 3-5 step drops and pass.
Those "Harvin Fly Sweeps" is what opened everything else up, and caused the Denver Defense to implode.
Denver thought that they could probably just do the same exact thing that the Saints did on Defense, and let "Manning The Great" destroy the Seahawks Defense.
I mean after all, "Badass Breese" came up short of "Marvelous Manning", and the Denver Broncos, that had Manning's record breaking 5,477 Yards, and 55 TD passing Season to hold up as their prowess over everyone else in the League.
Percy Harvin's "Fly Sweeps", and the 2nd half run back for that TD, was the "Fly in the Ointment" that they just weren't prepared for.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":f9xtyt2x said:
BEVELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you guys imagine if we'd have had even just a moderately competent OC this season? Why, we coulda took this dang thing all the way to the Super Bowl! Maybe won it!

You know what we need to do, we need to hire the guy from Arizona or San Diego or Pittsburgh. Bring in Norv Turner maybe or Mike Martz. That's the key to our eventual success!!

#BringBackGregKnapp
Maxresdefault

scutterhawk

Reaction score
v1rotv2":21rz8a5n said:
We go 13-3 and win the Super Bowl by a bunch and he got lucky? I understand that the defense and special teams scored points but our offense scored and ate up the clock. Bevell pulled out the stops and it showed.

Great job Bevell!
LOL, I believe that the "He Got Lucky" statement was him being fictituos, er, ficeltictius, er, fetustious...............funny. :mrgreen:

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1fd23e4i said:
Wait, you mean calling offensive plays against a mediocre defense is easier and more successful than six top 10 defenses in a row?

FI he called a wide open game plan against those 6 top 10 we would have done way more on offense. The problem was he played it way way to conservative against those supposed top 10 defenses. Defenses we shredded earlier in the year when he called a wide open game.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
@Ro well, you're nothing if not consistent.

What are you gonna do if Pete doesn't replace Bevell this offseason? Secondly, if Bevell is so bad at his job then why wouldn't he be replaced? Lastly, if Bevell is bad at his job yet Pete can't find anybody better to replace him, are you going to drive yourself and the rest of us mad complaining about him even if there's no better alternative?

I swear to THE LORD, your ability to think critically has diminished severely over the years.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":35dta850 said:
It seems like having Percy Harvin playing, even on snaps where he's not on the field, results in Bevell calling better plays for all our other guys. We practically completed more quick slants this game than the rest of the year combined. If we're stuck with him, I hope he has learned that he needs to call every game more like the Super Bowl.
It really annoyed me that this was his best game as a Seahawks offensive coordinator, to be honest. Congrats to the job he did, but why in the hell didn't we get some more of that in our three losses this year? We had a real shot at going 19-0.

I'm hoping desperately that he maintains the improvement in the 2014 regular season, but we'll see what happens.
If Percy Harvin stays Healthy, and we can find another good hands, big Receiver to develop from the Draft, I think he will.
The Seahawks spent a shitload of money and Draft picks to get Percy Harvin into the fold, and putting a 98% healthy Percy Harvin into the Offensive game plan was what made MOST of THIS GAME so successful.
The Broncos Defense was instructed to stop Marshawn Lynch at all cost, and that would force Russell Wilson to beat you all by himself, and with a lot of pressure on him, he wouldn't be able to match a shootout with Peyton.
Percy Harvin was the IT FACTOR that the Broncos Defense just weren't prepared for, and the Offensive plays were happening so quick, that the Donko's were unable to have the time to get any real pressure on Wilson ( zero sacks).

Not having Percy Harvin for the majority of the Season, changed how the Seahawks had to game plan Offensively.

Latest posts