Good Job Bevell

chris98251

Reaction score
Bevells offense or play calling is like a Bi Polar person, not sure if it's him or Pete some games dictating play calling. Some games he can look all world, others like he's reading a script and keeps restarting on page one every series.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":2x5jevph said:
Bevells offense or play calling is like a Bi Polar person, not sure if it's him or Pete some games dictating play calling. Some games he can look all world, others like he's reading a script and keeps restarting on page one every series.
There must be an echo in the room. :lol:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":ybwwjt55 said:
I was surprised by often we threw the ball in the second half. Loved the quick passes and fly sweeps to Harvin; also liked the variety of passes to the other recievers (mixture of short and long passes). Also loved that we didn't rely on play-action on so many of our passes, there were many 3-5 step drops and pass.
Which begs the question of whether it was Bevell's unwillingness to run the short stuff until now, or did Percy's presence allow those routes to suddenly become more open?

I'm thinking Percy had a large influence.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
v1rotv2":184cx04f said:
We go 13-3 and win the Super Bowl by a bunch and he got lucky? I understand that the defense and special teams scored points but our offense scored and ate up the clock. Bevell pulled out the stops and it showed.

Great job Bevell!

I get the feeling the 'lucky' comment was tongue-n-cheek :p

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2x1j72c6 said:
chris98251":2x1j72c6 said:
So nice to see that we are back to normal and with no Super Bowl Hangover, be nice guys we have a long off season.
Hey, it's going to be the shortest offseason we have ever had! :0190l:

Yet another franchise record! ChaCHING! :thirishdrinkers:

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I'm going with Pete took over for Darrell this game. That's my story, I'm sticking to it! ;)

plyka

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2vq6n94f said:
It seems like having Percy Harvin playing, even on snaps where he's not on the field, results in Bevell calling better plays for all our other guys. We practically completed more quick slants this game than the rest of the year combined. If we're stuck with him, I hope he has learned that he needs to call every game more like the Super Bowl.

It really annoyed me that this was his best game as a Seahawks offensive coordinator, to be honest. Congrats to the job he did, but why in the hell didn't we get some more of that in our three losses this year? We had a real shot at going 19-0.

I'm hoping desperately that he maintains the improvement in the 2014 regular season, but we'll see what happens.

Bevell is an average offensive coordinator. I'm not sure that the superbowl changes that much. He has been the definition of average his entire career, so not much is going to change.

What he did extremely well in the superbowl is not be BELOW AVERAGE and call the exact same conservative plays. Even Marshawn Lynch made this statement to Pete: "hey, can we keep on scoring? Is it ok to score more points?"

The games that Bevell/Pete called later in the year and in the first 2 playoff games were less than steller. If he would have repeated his playcalling in the superbowl, run run pass punt, we may have lost. Instead he came out dynamic, catching the less than steller defense off guard. Fly sweep replaced the good ole read option, which was used earlier in the year to catch defenses off guard. He switched up his play calling so he wouldn't be predictable, and most importantly, he raised the risk level from NONE to average. By "he" i of course mean Pete/Bevell and perhaps even Cable.

If they would have stuck to Lynch Lynch Lynch, then it's possible we would have punted the first 3 possessions instead of scoring 15 points.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The guy did a great job in the Super Bowl..The one thing I feel gets overlooked is the fact that you can only call certain plays with the players you have available..Harvin certainly opened up that playbook..What I feel good about is when we do get a true #1 wr ..How much more and explosive that playbook will be..

tom sawyer

Reaction score
My only addition to this is Lynch to Carroll - "Is it alright if we, uh, score more points?"