Good Job Bevell

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2i6mtvfx said:
@Ro well, you're nothing if not consistent.

What are you gonna do if Pete doesn't replace Bevell this offseason? Secondly, if Bevell is so bad at his job then why wouldn't he be replaced? Lastly, if Bevell is bad at his job yet Pete can't find anybody better to replace him, are you going to drive yourself and the rest of us mad complaining about him even if there's no better alternative?

I swear to THE LORD, your ability to think critically has diminished severely over the years.
So, to summarize, I've completely changed and my ability to think critically has severely diminished, but we know yours is still completely sound and stands zero chance of being incorrect?

Just checking.

Also, if you actually paid attention to my posts regarding Bevell, I've never said he's horrible or sucks across the board; not even close. Disagree with that? Go find some evidence in my prior posts.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
v1rotv2":v7fuot5v said:
AbsolutNET":v7fuot5v said:
He got lucky.

Skip Bayless admitted he was wrong about the Hawks, you can admit you were wrong about Bevell. Come on you can do it.

I bet you can admit that you didn't read the entire thread before responding to this, too.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":39g6vh2u said:
v1rotv2":39g6vh2u said:
AbsolutNET":39g6vh2u said:
He got lucky.

Skip Bayless admitted he was wrong about the Hawks, you can admit you were wrong about Bevell. Come on you can do it.

I bet you can admit that you didn't read the entire thread before responding to this, too.

It shocks me when people take any of your comments (that runs 3 or fewer sentences) seriously.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1uplkc89 said:
Also, if you actually paid attention to my posts regarding Bevell, I've never said he's horrible or sucks across the board; not even close. Disagree with that? Go find some evidence in my prior posts.

Good work, a**hole. Please, get hired away to another team. I don't care how many people defend you around here, I have had it.
F***ing idiot.

I do apologize if I've interpreted these posts in a manner other than the manner you intended them to be interpreted... in.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Lol, good work at selective perception. How about the times where I said it seems like he's bipolar? He'll call some great stuff, then idiotic stuff, etc.?

Man, I'm done discussing this topic with you.

TXHawkFan

Reaction score
I think Wilson's left shoulder injury, which was never talked about until after the season, is the reason why his running was restricted at the end of the year and Bevel seemed to resort to an ultra-conservative playbook. The two week break before the Super Bowl may have helped it heal and with Harvin available Bevel opened up the playbook. I think that's also the reason that Wilson looked sharper than he had in weeks.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
We scored over 400 points in back to back seasons and his philosophy won us a Superbowl. I'd say many hawks fans have undervalued him since he's been here. How many reverses, flea flickers and deep passes did we attempt or connect on during the Holmy era?? Not many, the guy is good and deserves some serious respect. We played the last two seasons with barely any playmakers outside. During the Superbowl he utilized Percy the way he wants to call games. I just think that he hasn't had much to work with his bike. The conservative approach with Marshawn has worked out flawlessly.

I am a big fan of this organization from Paul Allen all the way down through the coaching and that includes offense ive and defensive coordinator. I couldn't be more proud of this team top to bottom.

cgfcgf

Reaction score
I have to admit that I mostly say a swear word before I say the word "Bevell" but for that game on 2/2/14 I really was at a weird sense of calm and zen. When they take the ball on the first 2 possessions and drive down the field I don't know if it's Bevell or just an accurate Wilson with nice 3rd down catches by both Kearse and Baldwin.
I still don't trust him... but many people are right... playing very tough defenses usually makes most coordinators look bad. But he is severely frustrating at times.
I'd still like to try Josh McDaniels for one year just to see the difference (but I hear in my head "be careful what you wish for...").
Again, how can we complain after XLVIII.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
BlueBlood":3e45oxc4 said:
We scored over 400 points in back to back seasons and his philosophy won us a Superbowl. I'd say many hawks fans have undervalued him since he's been here. How many reverses, flea flickers and deep passes did we attempt or connect on during the Holmy era?? Not many, the guy is good and deserves some serious respect. We played the last two seasons with barely any playmakers outside. During the Superbowl he utilized Percy the way he wants to call games. I just think that he hasn't had much to work with his bike. The conservative approach with Marshawn has worked out flawlessly.

I am a big fan of this organization from Paul Allen all the way down through the coaching and that includes offense ive and defensive coordinator. I couldn't be more proud of this team top to bottom.

If Josh McDaniels/Sean Payton did the same thing with a 2nd year QB, a banged up offensive line, without arguably his best playmakers at WR people and against some of the top defenses in the NFL, people would be lining up to sing their praises. These guys have Hall of Fame QBs and it is interesting how they are also the offensive playcalling gurus.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":1if4tz01 said:
BlueBlood":1if4tz01 said:

If Josh McDaniels/Sean Payton did the same thing with a 2nd year QB, a banged up offensive line, without arguably his best playmakers at WR people and against some of the top defenses in the NFL, people would be lining up to sing their praises. These guys have Hall of Fame QBs and it is interesting how they are also the offensive playcalling gurus.

Excellent perspective.

I don't know if Bevell is the 4th best or the 16th best or the 3rd worst OC in the league. I know that with him at OC under Pete, JS & Tom Cable we won the damn Super Bowl. And if those guys are comfortable staying with him going forward then so am I.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
FO's Team Efficiency Rankings (Offense):

1. Denver (Manning)
2. Philly (Offensive HC)
3. San Diego (Offensive HC)
4. New England (Brady)
5. New Orleans (Offensive HC)
6. Chicago (Offensive HC)
7. Seattle (Defensive HC)

So, we finished #7. Every team above us is either led by an offensive guru at head coach or Manning/Brady. Of the above teams, I would say only San Diego ran anything close to the type of ball-control offense that Seattle favors. Only NE could argue they have lesser offensive weapons surrounding the QB.

Also, Super Bowl.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I never did get down on Bevell this year. Basically, because he showed much more balance last year. This year, almost immediately, He loses is 1 WR. Then he loses his LT, then he loses his 2 WR, then he loses another tackle while his probowl (?) center played hurt / like crap. Rounding the O-line off was fatass Carpenter and 1 trick Sweezy. Then we virtually eliminated the RO, that set so much up last year. Hard to get real creative when your franchise is running for his life as it is.

I didn't like several of his 3rd down calls, or some of his goal line calls (nor did Marshawn) but again, he was playing with half a deck.

Adding to the above is Pete himself. Pete isn't just hanging with the D, he's overseeing everything and doing so with heavy hands. You can't give RW a pass for protecting the ball...or game managing, and not do the same for Bevell. Pete's mantra this year was very clear and his offense played as much for field position and ball protection as it did trying to score. Marshawn's line at the SB..."can we score more points"? was, IMO, a little dig at Pete for his conservative nature all year. But in that game, Bevell had a healthy oline, Harvin and Wilson getting much more time back there against one of the worst Ds we'd seen all year.

I look forward to seeing what Bevell brings next year and I'm actually glad he's still our OC.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":50ish7nw said:
BEVELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you guys imagine if we'd have had even just a moderately competent OC this season? Why, we coulda took this dang thing all the way to the Super Bowl! Maybe won it!

You know what we need to do, we need to hire the guy from Arizona or San Diego or Pittsburgh. Bring in Norv Turner maybe or Mike Martz. That's the key to our eventual success!!

#BringBackGregKnapp
You made me laugh.

Smellyman":50ish7nw said:
I wish he'd run the td pass and td run play more.
Guffaw!

BlueTalon

Reaction score
chris98251":2hr3pod1 said:
So nice to see that we are back to normal and with no Super Bowl Hangover, be nice guys we have a long off season.
Hey, it's going to be the shortest offseason we have ever had! :0190l:

BlueBlood

Reaction score

chris98251

Reaction score
BlueTalon":f0gj8ztt said:
chris98251":f0gj8ztt said:
So nice to see that we are back to normal and with no Super Bowl Hangover, be nice guys we have a long off season.
Hey, it's going to be the shortest offseason we have ever had! :0190l:

Not if we have bash Bevell threads starting two weeks after a Super Bowl Victory.

Sorry just find a irony in we need to bleed posts even if we have to inflict it upon ourselves.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":2fge73a0 said:
Not if we have bash Bevell threads starting two weeks after a Super Bowl Victory.

Sorry just find a irony in we need to bleed posts even if we have to inflict it upon ourselves.
The only thing I find more amusing is people referring to "Super Bowl-winning offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell". Technically an accurate statement, but the implication...Heh. Hell, I could talk about how Super Bowl-winning quarterback Tarvaris Jackson finished off Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos to seal off our win, too. :roll:

Anybody that thinks I'm just doing nothing but hating and bashing Bevell here needs to read my initial reply in this thread on page one, before any of you jump all over me again right now.

Latest posts