Great game

sutz

Reaction score
The Garland block was a chop block. He went for the guy's knees. It was a personal foul, not necessarily late, but it was an illegal block.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
sutz":12np0204 said:
The Garland block was a chop block. He went for the guy's knees. It was a personal foul, not necessarily late, but it was an illegal block.

It was late. During the replay, you can clearly see the Niner ball carrier on the ground before he attempted the block.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
That letter...it's pretty obvious it should have been called. Trying to squeak out of it to avoid another huge officiating controversy is just annoying.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seanhawk":37dfzm49 said:
sutz":37dfzm49 said:

It was late. During the replay, you can clearly see the Niner ball carrier on the ground before he attempted the block.

It was both.

I think if he's not after his,legs though they don't call it

NINEster

Reaction score
rlkats":15q7r8nh said:
Agreed. Damn hawks always are tough

Only against the San Francisco 49ers.

Ravens, Saints, Cardinals, Rams, all know how to win comfortably against this team.

NINEster

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1z9l9rxn said:
That letter...it's pretty obvious it should have been called. Trying to squeak out of it to avoid another huge officiating controversy is just annoying.

I'll have to rewatch the play, but he called out the Seahawk receiver for initiating contact.

Was he wrong there?

Marvin49

Reaction score
sutz":1lpgvp1b said:

It wasn't a chop block. A chop block is when you take out a guys legs when he is engaged with another player. It was a cut block, which is legal.

The block was a legal play had the play still been underway.

I'm not sure what the ruling is there since its clear he didn't know the ball carrier had been tackles due to crowd noise.

It seemed pretty ticky tack to me and had a HUGE impact on the game.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NINEster":mkhtp4go said:
RolandDeschain":mkhtp4go said:

I'll have to rewatch the play, but he called out the Seahawk receiver for initiating contact.

Was he wrong there?
Initiating contact doesn't play into it. The letter is just covering their ass. They should have done the proper review with a break in the play. Contact is allowed on many penalties; per the rule book, for most of them it's about impeding movement. If you impede the player's movement, that makes the penalty for a lot of penalties; and watching the live replay, there's no question about that.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3h020fha said:
NINEster":3h020fha said:
RolandDeschain":3h020fha said:

Was he wrong there?
Initiating contact doesn't play into it. The letter is just covering their ass. They should have done the proper review with a break in the play. Contact is allowed on many penalties; per the rule book, for most of them it's about impeding movement. If you impede the player's movement, that makes the penalty for a lot of penalties; and watching the live replay, there's no question about that.

...the problem is that the entire intent of the play is for the TE to initiate contact and then push off to create space. Thats why the TE initiated that contact. Warner prevented him from pushing off.

IMO its a good no call, but if the situation were reversed, I can't say I wouldn't be upset about it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
When your all-world CB has to remind your fan base to be classy after a win, lol:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/1211549300125159430[/tweet]

rlkats

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":18cuvo3o said:
When your all-world CB has to remind your fan base to be classy after a win, lol:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/1211549300125159430[/tweet]

I remember before the season started he was telling all niner fans to be classy because the niners were going to win some games this year. Classy guy, I really hated him as a hawk because of the Cracktree and Harbaugh BS, but i now understand it was personal between them and himself. I'm glad he us a niner.

knownone

Reaction score
I don't mind the no call on the pass interference. I do think it was worthy of an actual stoppage in play though. There is no way those guys could have made a clear distinction on that play in under 40 seconds, and the ref in the broadcast immediately saying it should be reviewed is even more telling. The explanation sounds like a group of guys covering their butts for not acting quickly enough..

As for the Niners... I still don't know what to make of them. They probably should have won this game by double digits, and yet they somehow barely won by an inch. Their defense was unstoppable in the first half, only to give up damn near 300 yards in the second half.

I thought the Seahawks played a good game considering all of the injuries and the lack of continuity that they caused early on. If we can get Diggs and Brown back healthy and survive the Eagles, I don't fear the Niners in a rubber match.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
We almost always play the niners tough. It’s against the rams and cardinals that we have problems.

Marvin49

Reaction score
knownone":2g82b6o7 said:
I don't mind the no call on the pass interference. I do think it was worthy of an actual stoppage in play though. There is no way those guys could have made a clear distinction on that play in under 40 seconds, and the ref in the broadcast immediately saying it should be reviewed is even more telling. The explanation sounds like a group of guys covering their butts for not acting quickly enough..

As for the Niners... I still don't know what to make of them. They probably should have won this game by double digits, and yet they somehow barely won by an inch. Their defense was unstoppable in the first half, only to give up damn near 300 yards in the second half.

I thought the Seahawks played a good game considering all of the injuries and the lack of continuity that they caused early on. If we can get Diggs and Brown back healthy and survive the Eagles, I don't fear the Niners in a rubber match.

They're pass rush tires. Early in the year they just had so many guys they could rotate. Now down Ford, Jones, Taylor, Blair, and Moore, guys are staying on the field and they just tire chasing Russell all over the field. Poor Bosa is pretty much doubled and tripled all day every game now and nobody on the other side is making them pay. Armstead has had a good year, but he really isn't a dominant edge rusher.

They need Ford back and they need Tartt back. Ford makes it much harder to double Bosa. Tartt is 3x the player Marcel Harris is. Hopefully, both those guys return after the bye.

Rumor is that Kwon Alexander with try to come back. Greenlaw has played well in patches, but he isn't Alexander.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":10n11mhc said:
RolandDeschain":10n11mhc said:

Was he wrong there?
Al Riveron is a blind shit bag if he really believes the pap he wrote there.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3qiio3ls said:
NINEster":3qiio3ls said:
RolandDeschain":3qiio3ls said:

Was he wrong there?

Hollister grabbed him and tried to throw him. Both players had their hands on each other. You either call it off setting or leave it. Since both players had their hands on each other (Hollister inside), leaving the call as stands is correct.

NINEster

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1r6hrrdp said:
RolandDeschain":1r6hrrdp said:
NINEster":1r6hrrdp said:
RolandDeschain":1r6hrrdp said:

Was he wrong there?

Hollister grabbed him and tried to throw him. Both players had their hands on each other. You either call it off setting or leave it. Since both players had their hands on each other (Hollister inside), leaving the call as stands is correct.

It's a slick AF type of play by Hollister. Well coached by Pete to elicit a call.....which could have been easily made.

NINEster

Reaction score
BTW, in 30+ years of watching football, I've never heard of needing both legs beyond the line of scrimmage for it to be a penalty for a passer....one behind is enough.

Ehh??

chris98251

Reaction score
Defender grabbed him and stretched jersey, pass interference, article said Hollister was blocking also, really in a empty set down field in the end zone? If Hollister forearmed or shouldered into him ok he then would have initiated contact but the defender had both hands on him and holding jersey.

If they are going to lie at least make it debatable.

2_0_6

Reaction score
NINEster":34tcoz02 said:
BTW, in 30+ years of watching football, I've never heard of needing both legs beyond the line of scrimmage for it to be a penalty for a passer....one behind is enough.

Ehh??

Saw this same thing earlier this year while watching a Packer game. Erin Rodgers has mastered this, I never knew it was legal either til' then.