Has Russ become untradeable?

seabowl

Reaction score
Is it me or the worse Russ performs the more likely he stays in Seattle after this season?

My thinking is his value is dropping so much that it would be better to keep him (especially if a new coach was put in) and see if he can work his way back to some form of his former self. If they traded him (in my opinion) they would not get back much right now and would be trading one issue (him) for another (average qb with limited upside).

Rat

Reaction score
Nah, itll probably be a Carson Wentz kind of situation. Three firsts isnt happening, but I bet someone will bite.

justafan

Reaction score
Wilson can still play his game.He cant play Waldrons game. Pcs biggest mistake was hiring that POS. People here blamed the OC for years but for some reason they went to bash Wilson when he has a bad year. What changed?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
seabowl":19fehfni said:
Is it me or the worse Russ performs the more likely he stays in Seattle after this season?

My thinking is his value is dropping so much that it would be better to keep him (especially if a new coach was put in) and see if he can work his way back to some form of his former self. If they traded him (in my opinion) they would not get back much right now and would be trading one issue (him) for another (average qb with limited upside).
If Wilson is truly hell bent on getting out of Seattle and doesn’t care if he damages his value with his pathetic performances, what team wants a player that may be intentionally playing badly?

No team will offer much for a me first player that doesn’t even want to play well anymore.

The thought is he is staring down receivers and not hitting the open guy, Wilson may be intentionally and purposely attempting and forcing Seattle to get rid of him and losing the respect of his teammates.

Wilson is a bum and Carroll is a bum for letting this once proud organization turn into a laughingstock.

Paul Allen wouldn’t have it this way anymore.

This organization if Carroll and Wilson are both still here next year is a joke.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This was the front page of the NY sports section today.

https://twitter.com/nypostsports/status ... _RqpA&s=19

So no, Russell's trade value is still very high. There's at least 10-15 teams in the league that think they're a good QB away from being competitive.

So as bad as Russell's played this year, if ownership decides to blow it all up, there will be plenty of suitors to drive up the asking price for Wilson.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The rest of the league realizes what the deal is. They can see that Russ isnt the real issue. Its apparent he can longer prop up Pete in the corner with his antiquated philosophy and schemes. If Wilson is foolishly dealt by the FO in the off season, other franchises will still be lining up for him.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":26lbu9ot said:

So no, Russell's trade value is still very high. There's at least 10-15 teams in the league that think they're a good QB away from being competitive.

So as bad as Russell's played this year, if ownership decides to blow it all up, there will be plenty of suitors to drive up the asking price for Wilson.

The Post is trying to sell papers. Ian O'Connor is the author of the article and has no say in what the Giants do. Also the Giants are in CAP HELL and cannot afford Russ. We'll see but at some point based on what teams are willing to give if the price they are willing to pay is too low I'd rather keep him.

Rat

Reaction score
I'd love for the Giants to be interested, given that they have two high picks in the upcoming draft, but I just dont see how Russ makes sense for them. He certainly doesn't make them a contender. More realistically, we're probably talking Saints, Steelers, WFT, or Broncos. Maybe the Vikings or Eagles depending on what they do about their current situations.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seabowl":2y0l7o4u said:
Sgt. Largent":2y0l7o4u said:

The Post is trying to sell papers. Ian O'Connor is the author of the article and has no say in what the Giants do. Also the Giants are in CAP HELL and cannot afford Russ. We'll see but at some point based on what teams are willing to give if the price they are willing to pay is too low I'd rather keep him.

I have no idea about the Giants. My point is there are, and there will be PLENTY of teams interested in Russ should ownership and/or the front office decide to trade him.

Do I want to trade him? Only of Allen decides to keep Pete. I want no part of another 2-3 years or more of this dysfunctional relationship that's regressing by the game.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3w1ujblz said:
The rest of the league realizes what the deal is. They can see that Russ isnt the real issue. Its apparent he can longer prop up Pete in the corner with his antiquated philosophy and schemes. If Wilson is foolishly dealt by the FO in the off season, other franchises will still be lining up for him.

Hard to say exactly who the issue is as good points have been made by numerous .Net posters over the last year about Pete and Russ being the issue. On the Russ side of things there have been many posts of snapshots of plays where receivers are wide open and Russ decides to throw to someone else who is very well covered. I believe Keasley was the poster but it really opened a lot of eyes.

justafan

Reaction score
Teams will line up for him. The benches are full of dink and dunkers that never pass up a 5 yrd play. I will take a player with the abitity and the balls to make the magic throw with the game on the line. So many amazing plays that i can forgive a missed crossing route.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
justafan":16km9a40 said:
Teams will line up for him. The benches are full of dink and dunkers that never pass up a 5 yrd play. I will take a player with the abitity and the balls to make the magic throw with the game on the line. So many amazing plays that i can forgive a missed crossing route.

Love Russ and what he has done for this team. Have 2 questions regarding the amazing plays:

1. At the level they led to wins, was it ever long-term sustainable?

2. Where have they gone lately? And by lately I'm looking at the last year and a half or so.

justafan

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":22j531v6 said:
justafan":22j531v6 said:

Love Russ and what he has done for this team. Have 2 questions regarding the amazing plays:

2. Where have they gone lately? And by lately I'm looking at the last year and a half or so.

His last 9 years have been amazing.Thats as sustainable as it gets. As far as the last year and a half. He was pretty damn good in 20. We won 6 of the last 7. The rams made the plays to end the season..
This year a mangled hand hurt him. Its still not right imo. We have an oc that wants him to play like Goff. I think you listen to other peoples narrative and not what really happened.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
justafan":11v5xxxz said:
Grahamhawker":11v5xxxz said:
justafan":11v5xxxz said:

His last 9 years have been amazing.Thats as sustainable as it gets. As far as the last year and a half. He was pretty damn good in 20. We won 6 of the last 7. The rams made the plays to end the season..
This year a mangled hand hurt him. Its still not right imo. We have an oc that wants him to play like Goff. I think you listen to other peoples narrative and not what really happened.

What's really happened is for the last year over half of Russell's games he's had a QBR of under 95, and 5 of those games it's under 30. He's gone from a top 5 rated QB in most statistical categories to a bottom half of the league QB.

So no, it's not perception. It's reality. He's stunk. Blame whoever you want, but no one's more to blame for what we're seeing right now than Wilson himself.

Rat

Reaction score
justafan":1f8mm0hk said:

I assume you have a problem with only winning one playoff game over the last five seasons then, unless this is a situation where he gets credit for the wins, but the losses are always on everyone else.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
justafan":13llvfk0 said:
Wilson can still play his game.He cant play Waldrons game. Pcs biggest mistake was hiring that POS. People here blamed the OC for years but for some reason they went to bash Wilson when he has a bad year. What changed?

It blows me away that Russ has about kept the Hawks floating since their SB win, and yet with one injury.. a pretty critical injury, we can throw him under the bus.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Most people realize that it isn't Wilson that is the problem, it is Pete.

The chance to get a QB that has been carrying a franchise for 5 years despite Pete is going to make a lot of teams interested.

The problem isn't going to be lack of interest or even opportunity to trade, it is going to be whatever bad deal Pete agrees to.

justafan

Reaction score
Rat":l3xne5hc said:
justafan":l3xne5hc said:

I assume you have a problem with only winning one playoff game over the last five seasons then, unless this is a situation where he gets credit for the wins, but the losses are always on everyone else.

No I hate seeing them lose. Wilson was a huge part of the playoff loss to end the season, the pic 6 almost guaranteed a loss. To say he sucked last year is ignorance or a flat out lie. But the truth in social media is optional. He did make bad plays or have bad games just like every player in every sport.

John63

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":383uup7p said:
Most people realize that it isn't Wilson that is the problem, it is Pete.

The chance to get a QB that has been carrying a franchise for 5 years despite Pete is going to make a lot of teams interested.

The problem isn't going to be lack of interest or even opportunity to trade, it is going to be whatever bad deal Pete agrees to.

So I deleted this post because while shoveling snow I had time to think and just posted in a new thread my thoughts.

justafan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1h7mxib0 said:
justafan":1h7mxib0 said:
Grahamhawker":1h7mxib0 said:
justafan":1h7mxib0 said:

What's really happened is for the last year over half of Russell's games he's had a QBR of under 95, and 5 of those games it's under 30. He's gone from a top 5 rated QB in most statistical categories to a bottom half of the league QB.

So no, it's not perception. It's reality. He's stunk. Blame whoever you want, but no one's more to blame for what we're seeing right now than Wilson himself.

Last year was a very good year by anyone standards. The first 4 and a half games he played very good, well enough to win. After the injury you are right he has sucked.

. It is perception.Its narrative that ignores the injury. Its either the broken,dislocated finger with a ruptured tendon is affecting his game or he became junk after the 5th game of the season.
My opinion is the mangled finger and an idiot oc are the problem.
He will always have holes in his game but he can still play at a high level when he is healthy.