Hawks '14 Off-Season Trans | Sherman Signs Extension

OP
OP
SonicHawk

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h
The #Seahawks agreed to terms with productive kicker Steven Hauschka on a 3-year deal worth $9.15M, including $3.35M guaranteed, source says

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1tjxfjyf said:
New
WR Taylor Price

Re-Signed
DE Michael Bennett // 4YR / 28.5N
TE Anthony McCoy // 1YR /
DT Tony McDaniel // 2YR / 6.3M
QB Tarvaris Jackson // 1YR /
TE Zach Miller // 2YR / 8M (including incentives & bonuses)
K Steven Hauschka // 3YR / 9.15M

Out The Door
DT Clinton McDonald // TB 4YR / 12M
LB O'Brien Schofield // NYG 2YR / 8M
S Chris Maragos // PHI 3YR / 4M
DE Red Bryant // JAX 4YR / 17M
WR Golden Tate // DET 5YR / 31.5M
OT Breno Giacomini // NYJ 4YR / 18M
DE Chris Clemons // JAX 4YR / 18M
CB Brandon Browner // NE 3YR / 17M
CB Walter Thurmond // NYG 1YR / ?

Testing The Waters
TE Jermichael Finley // SEA
DE Jared Allen // SEA, CHI

So far I want to say our qualifying compensation free agents + my guess for what we could receive for them (assuming we don't sign anyone else unless its our own F/A or one that was cut are :

Golden Tate 4th Round
Brandon Browner 6th Round
Breno Giacomini 6th Round
Walter Thurmond 7th Round
Chris Maragos N/A

Unfortunately, McDonald doesn't count.

OBS doesn't as well if signed but hopefully he'll come back the Seahawks on like a 2yr, 1.5 per deal.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I just wanted to say that signing Hauschka is great..He is a great kicker..I don't know where that weak leg crap comes from but I've heard pregame people talk of watching Hauschka put them through from 65 yards
with room for more..Do I need a hearing aid?He will keep that leg strong or get it stronger with this big $
contract ..Glad we don't have to talk kicker anymore..

-The Glove-

Reaction score
IndyHawk":o8w6jb3t said:
I just wanted to say that signing Hauschka is great..He is a great kicker..I don't know where that weak leg crap comes from but I've heard pregame people talk of watching Hauschka put them through from 65 yards
with room for more..Do I need a hearing aid?He will keep that leg strong or get it stronger with this big $
contract ..Glad we don't have to talk kicker anymore..
it came from 2012 and the lack of confidence in him from 50+ and lack of touchbacks. 2013 was a much better year. His leg has seemed to have gotten stronger each season

OP
OP
SonicHawk

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 11m
If there is a Henry Melton signing with the #Cowboys, doesn't sound like it'll happen tonight. Vikings in it, Seahawks not as much.

Joey13091

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3m1jy2qp said:
Joey13091":3m1jy2qp said:
Any news on Jared Allen?

Adam Schefter ‏@Adam_Schefter_9 now
According to multiple sources at @JaredAllen69 wants elite Pass Rusher money likely 10m per teams like DEN,NE,and STL have offered 8m per

Hmm. Screw that then. Let them have him.

Maxman186

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3gb6pag3 said:
Joey13091":3gb6pag3 said:
Any news on Jared Allen?

Adam Schefter ‏@Adam_Schefter_9 now
According to multiple sources at @JaredAllen69 wants elite Pass Rusher money likely 10m per teams like DEN,NE,and STL have offered 8m per

Fake account btw

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seems as if rumours around Jermichael Finley have some substance, but he still hasn't been cleared to play.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Is now ok to be a tad worried? No real additions and a bunch of holes on the roster.. There is the draft but its hardly enough.. In JSPC we trust, but hopefully something happens soon...

lsheldon

Reaction score
Why the need to be worried? They haven't lost the core players from this team, and the front office has done amazing things in the draft the last 4 years. Why do you feel this year will be so bad. I am totally amazed that so many people have the need to feel like PC & JS have suddenly failed because they aren't out wasting money on high priced free agents. They are doing what they need to do to keep the core stars on this team. Take a deep breath, it will be OK.

TwilightError

Reaction score
lsheldon":3twzjr9g said:
Why do you feel this year will be so bad. I am totally amazed that so many people have the need to feel like PC & JS have suddenly failed because they aren't out wasting money on high priced free agents.

That is not at all what I said. As I said, I trust our FO fully but the fact is, Red, Golden and Breno were core players. I'm just surprised nothing has been done to replace them. I know they will work on it, and I know minding the cap so that we can extend Wilson, Sherman and Thomas is the biggest priority, but I find it a bit worrying that they havent yet brought anyone in (except Price) to compete in those positions. Wondering why is not a sign of mistrust. I believe this will be a great year, no championship hangover, and I cant wait for the draft!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I just don't see a point in worrying about anything until the team actually loses a majority of its games.

They don't have to win all of them, just most of them. If they do that and remain competitive enough to be in the playoff picture I don't care what the roster looks like.

So far the front office has done an exceptional job of incorporating youth on both sides of the ball. When that stops happening, I will get worried.

OP
OP
SonicHawk

SonicHawk

Reaction score
John Boyle ‏@johnpboyle 14s
Per his agent, @DHendrickson41, the #Seahawks have signed G Steve Schilling.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
There were no Twitter rumors of Steve Schiling sightings in Seattle so I don't believe it.

/snark

-bsd

OP
OP
SonicHawk

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 1m
Jared Allen is working on final details of a contract with the SB champion Seattle Seahawks. Barring unforeseen issues, he could sign today

OP
OP
SonicHawk

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 1m
Jared Allen leaving 2nd visit with Seahawks without signing, promises team to further consider offer and decide over weekend.

mikeak

Reaction score
OP - Schofield's deal was cancelled due to failed physical. Figure you may want to change that. Thanks for keeping up with this