Hawks '14 Off-Season Trans | Sherman Signs Extension

Threedee

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3eipjv5c said:
If it is true with Tate then he wasn't prepared to give a discount as advertised and his moaning is BS.
Tate considered his value to be $10 Million. By "discount," he was thinking $8 Million, which we still weren't prepared to give. I will admit, I have always been tougher on Tate because I'm a Notre Dame fan. I had wished Floyd was the older one, and we'd gotten him instead. I was unimpressed with the level of maturity he displayed, such as the taunting and the fight he got into when he first got to Seattle. I also was unhappy that on the play before the Fail Marry, he had stepped in front of a pass intended for Rice that could have prevented the drama. But this year, he finally impressed me.

I have no ill-will in seeing him go to Detroit. The sideshow of him playing against Green Bay will be entertaining. Also, we can do better, as most people have pointed out, such as potentially getting Cooks.

Largent80

Reaction score
Since Schofield failed his physical and Allen signed with Chi. Does anyone think we sign him back?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
EntiatHawk":24j2wxvt said:
Well I think Allen can kiss his hopes to getting a ring goodbye.
Pretty much. Chicago did exactly what I thought would happen get a bit desperate because of losing Peppers and met Allen's number mostly. 7.75 is bit too much in my opinion.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Whew...I was one that thought all along that Allen would not be a good signing. Now I don't have to worry about it anymore. On to more pressing matters...extensions for Earl and Richard. The money will be better spent.

Rainger

Reaction score
In knowing what he wants to make the team and in coaching them up in Pete and his crew I trust.

I going and finding what Pete wants to do what I said above in John I trust.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Screw Allen and the Bears are a joke,I hope we meet them in the playoffs so Allen can see the mistake he made..What a drama queen he is...

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Maybe Allen is more interested in winning a Grey Cup than a Super Bowl and he figured he'd learn from a guy who's had that experience.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
So our own free agents that haven't signed with us or anyone, who's left:

TE Kellen Davis
FB Michael Robinson
LB Michael Morgan (RFA)
*LB O’Brien Schofield (failed physical with NY)
*WR Sidney Rice (released)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think you'll find that OLB- Mike Morgan was re-signed as an ERFA, at least he's shown as signed by overthecap.com.

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":1gat6nx2 said:
Maybe Allen is more interested in winning a Grey Cup than a Super Bowl and he figured he'd learn from a guy who's had that experience.

What's wrong with CFL and winning a Grey Cup?

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
Allen just proofed what drama queen he really is. The way this whole thing unfolded. He was greedy and strung us along to get more money. I really do question whether he really ever truly wanted to come here knowing he would be apart of rotation and what we were able to offer. It's also further proves that he doesn't care about winning a SB. Chicago didn't make the playoffs last year and some in the media saying with his addition this puts Chicago into SB contender conversation. I'm glad he didn't come here as he's not someone you can reply or depend on. Prior to the announcement yesterday Carroll was waiting 30 minutes to hear from him. That's classless especially for someone who is considered future HOFer. Allen's wife also reportedly didn't like Seattle but weather is apparently so much better in Chicago. Oakland apparently offered him the most money which I'm surprised he turned down. Thankfully, this has finally come to conclusion.

Latest posts