hawks fans vs patriots fan ration in superb owl 49??

BlueBlood

Reaction score
I feel like 90% of the crowd will be Hawks fans but is that unrealistic? I mean, are spoiled Patriot fans going to be willing to spend $10,000 each for flight, rental car, lodging, food and ticket to attend a game 2500 miles away in the desert against a team that could potentially blow them out??

Is there a website that shows which teams fans are buying the bulk of tickets?? Last year in New York Hawks fans showed they are willing to do just that. Now that the game is even closer and considering the spoiled nature (success induced) of Patriot fans having a "been there, done that" attitude about this game it just FEELS like Arizona is going to be a sea of Seahawk blue.

Is that what most of you guys are expecting on Sunday? Im very intrigued by the prospect of basically playing a home game in Gendale.. If anyone has any information on which teams fans are making the trip thatd be cool.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I think it will be pretty even. Patriots have a huge fan base, and I'm sure a lot of them are eager to escape the storm and have a vacation in a warm, dry climate. The country seems very optimistic about their chances because of the way the Seahawks performed for so much of the NFC Championship, as well as all of our injuries. Escalating ticket prices also suggest that demand is high from both sides.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3so91qm5 said:
I think it will be pretty even. Patriots have a huge fan base, and I'm sure a lot of them are eager to escape the storm and have a vacation in a warm, dry climate. The country seems very optimistic about their chances because of the way the Seahawks performed for so much of the NFC Championship, as well as all of our injuries. Escalating ticket prices also suggest that demand is high from both sides.

I dont think escalating prices means the demand is from both sides, just that the game is in demand period. Also,
Patriot fans either have to leave first thing in the morning or wait for the last minute because of the impending storm.

Why would a superbowl crowd in New York between Seattle and Denver be more lopsided for Seattle than a Bowl in Arizona where the Hawks already have a huge following? And against a fanbase who has already dished out for 5 superbowls, nba fins, nhl finals and world series in the past decade? I just dont see them making much of a dent in mostly Seahawk crowd. Now they also have the prospect of being snowed in until thursday or friday at the earliest..

It may very well be 50/50 i just dont see how it could be.. Ive got to think its going a lot closer to 90/10 than 50/50

hawknation2015

Reaction score
BlueBlood":3ibyxkcp said:
hawknation2015":3ibyxkcp said:

I dont think escalating prices means the demand is from both sides, just that the game is in demand period. Also,
Patriot fans either have to leave first thing in the morning or wait for the last minute because of the impending storm.

Why would a superbowl crowd in New York between Seattle and Denver be more lopsided for Seattle than a Bowl in Arizona where the Hawks already have a huge following? And against a fanbase who has already dished out for 5 superbowls, nba fins, nhl finals and world series in the past decade? I just dont see them making much of a dent in mostly Seahawk crowd. Now they also have the prospect of being snowed in until thursday or friday at the earliest..

It may very well be 50/50 i just dont see how it could be.. Ive got to think its going a lot closer to 90/10 than 50/50

If demand was one sided, I don't think prices would be 110% higher than they were at this time last year. They wouldn't be anywhere near that high. This tells me that the Patriots' very large fan base is buying tickets at a much higher clip than the Broncos were last year (probably twice as high).

SuperBowl-Ticket-Prices-2010-2015.png

canucks9314

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3nqng3o0 said:
BlueBlood":3nqng3o0 said:
hawknation2015":3nqng3o0 said:

If demand was one sided, I don't think prices would be 110% higher than they were at this time last year. They wouldn't be anywhere near that high. This tells me that the Patriots' very large fan base is buying tickets at a much higher clip than the Broncos were last year (probably twice as high).

Or it could mean that a lot more Seahawks fans are buying tickets this year because it's in Arizona as opposed to being across the country in New York.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
canucks9314":35th3p4k said:
hawknation2015":35th3p4k said:
BlueBlood":35th3p4k said:
hawknation2015":35th3p4k said:

Or it could mean that a lot more Seahawks fans are buying tickets this year because it's in Arizona as opposed to being across the country in New York.

That's definitely happening as well. I read that a plurality of the tickets (25%) are being bought from the Washington area. But that alone doesn't account for the 110% increase. Patriots fans also have to be buying more tickets than the Broncos last year. Another thing to account for are the number of not so neutral Cardinals fans who will likely be attending -- and cheering loudly against the Seahawks.

Kenny Bishop, president of the Arizona Sea Hawkers, predicted a 60-40 split between Seahawks fans and non-Seahawks fans.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawknation2015":t92xu45n said:
BlueBlood":t92xu45n said:
hawknation2015":t92xu45n said:

That doesn't 'tell' you anything. Maybe demand went up because many people in WA can much easier swing a trip to AZ than to NY. Lots of AZ snowbirds are from WA as well.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3lc210kk said:
hawknation2015":3lc210kk said:
BlueBlood":3lc210kk said:
hawknation2015":3lc210kk said:

That doesn't 'tell' you anything. Maybe demand went up because many people in WA can much easier swing a trip to AZ than to NY. Lots of AZ snowbirds are from WA as well.

On second thought, it appears you are correct. 25% of the tickets from Washington residents is significantly higher than the 18% from last year, according to ticket aggregator TiqIQ. And Washington residents are now buying tickets at a 5-1 rate in comparison to Massachusetts residents. A week ago, before the price escalation, 20% of the buyers were from Massachusetts. That has now plummeted to just 5% -- probably in response to some combination of the impending storm and waning enthusiasm over the Deflategate controversy.

5% of the total ticket sales from Massachusetts seems ridiculously low, especially after they were buying a respectable 20% of the tickets just a week ago. I'm surprised there aren't more news stories about this.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
There must be some marketing aspect to keeping those numbers on the DL. Patriots fans want to rally with other Patriots fans Im sure and if the trend is very low for Massachusetts residents they may not want to go to spend that kind of money and surround themselves with rowdy (annoying in their opinion) Seahawks fans. Then the prospect of losing is also there more so than theyve probably ever felt as they have always been the favorite besides the show on turf match up. If it was public knowledge that Patriots fans arent buying tickets then other Pats fans wont bite either.. Just a thought.

I think this is going to a blue stadium and crowd.

pmedic920

Reaction score
With the amount of tickets that actually get sold to fans of either team, I'd guess that it will be about even BUT I think we will snag most of the folks that are there just to be at a Super Bowl.
I think we will have a louder voice by far.

OrFan

Reaction score
I too think a lot of people from the northwest are buying more tickets. The game is closer, much nicer weather, and a better place to go than the craphole that is NY.

I believe that is will be close, with a decent advantage to the Hawk fans.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
I just dont think Patriots fans are going to pony up the money this time around. Its gonna be loud for the Hawks. Moreso than last year.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Q13 FOX News just reported that Stub Hub is reporting sales of 20% to WA, and 7% to MASS.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Here's the most recent data of overall ticket sales, not particular to any one site:

Nerdwallet, the online financial site, crunched all the Super Bowl ticket data and found that, with less than a week to go until the game . . . Nerdwallet's data shows 19 percent of Super Bowl ticket holders are coming from Massachusetts, and 25 percent from Washington.

http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/news ... -to-a.html

If this data is correct, that's not as big a disparity as had previously been reported by certain ticket brokers.

For New England, it's a big improvement over last year when Denver mustered just 8% of the ticket sales to Washington's 18%. The disparity now appears to be about half of what it was last year.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
All I know for fact, is that tons of my friends here in WA are going and have a FREE place to stay as most everyone here in WA knows someone that lives down there in the winter.

NE folks live in FLA for the winter? At least that's what I gathered from all the Seinfeld I watched. :?

Latest posts