Hawks get 3rd, 5th & 6th-round Pick for BMax,Smith, Carp

Hawks46

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":11uyroer said:
bjornanderson21":11uyroer said:
IndyHawk":11uyroer said:
Why trade them?I mean don't we have to reload more than just a few spots?The best way would be drafting with all of our picks since a few won't make it anyway.
Exactly, why trade them?

Some people are more interested in the wheeling and dealing of draft picks than they are actually using them.

Not that trading is pointless every time. Schneider paid a lot to move up for Lockett, and nobody's complaining.

Exactly.

Also, there have been times with our team where we're so stacked that having a bunch of draft picks is a waste as lot of them don't stand to make the team. I don't think we're there right now, but the case could be made for us to add 4 quality picks that can produce than 10 picks that compete for roster spots.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Shoot, I figure with an extra 3rd they'd be more interested in trading down. And I realize that we can't trade the comp pick (despite Scotte's insistence to the contrary) but we still have our original 3rd.

kearly

Reaction score
So even with the two picks traded away for defensive backs, Seattle still has 9 picks to start with next year. 10, if they get lucky with O'brien Schofield.