Hawks give Jared Allen a contract offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":imwk3lpk said:
DavidSeven":imwk3lpk said:
The money has been talked about and decided. That's what his agent is for. Not sure why Allen flies into Seattle a second time unless it's to sign. He's already been pitched from an organizational standpoint. He's being wishy-washy. At this point, the only thing left to consider is if he really wants to play in Seattle.

What this tells me is Allen and his agent want other teams to know this is their LAST chance to get in on him. "Hey everybody, 2nd visit to Seattle! Last chance to make us a better offer or else we're signing with Seattle by Saturday!"

That's why they should've threatened to pull the offer if he left without signing. I have to imagine that's common practice in the NFL. It's not as if we're talking about Lebron James here.

BamKam

Reaction score
I don't think needing time to think is a bad thing, this is a big decision. At least it doesn't scream "hey give me a paycheck so I can get injured!".

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I miss the days when Cliff Avril signed his deal before his plane was even reported to land.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
It sounds as if Allen and his agent are not on the same page here? Allen is calling his "new team mates" while the agent is telling people that they will think about the offer over the weekend?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3grfd3gl said:
I miss the days when Cliff Avril signed his deal before his plane was even reported to land.

Yeah that was nice.

Seahawks not linked to Avril at all. "Cliff Avril on Flight to Seattle". 20 minutes later, "Cliff Avril agrees to Terms with Seahawks".

Laloosh

Reaction score
brimsalabim":g2hl93n6 said:
It sounds as if Allen and his agent are not on the same page here? Allen is calling his "new team mates" whe the agent is teong people that they will think about the offer over the weekend?

Do you have a link supporting the claim that he was calling Seahawks players?

bigtrain21

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3hi3aml1 said:
Sgt. Largent":3hi3aml1 said:
DavidSeven":3hi3aml1 said:
The money has been talked about and decided. That's what his agent is for. Not sure why Allen flies into Seattle a second time unless it's to sign. He's already been pitched from an organizational standpoint. He's being wishy-washy. At this point, the only thing left to consider is if he really wants to play in Seattle.

What this tells me is Allen and his agent want other teams to know this is their LAST chance to get in on him. "Hey everybody, 2nd visit to Seattle! Last chance to make us a better offer or else we're signing with Seattle by Saturday!"

That's why they should've threatened to pull the offer if he left without signing. I have to imagine that's common practice in the NFL. It's not as if we're talking about Lebron James here.

That's not really our style though.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Laloosh":2deyk1c0 said:
brimsalabim":2deyk1c0 said:
It sounds as if Allen and his agent are not on the same page here? Allen is calling his "new team mates" whe the agent is teong people that they will think about the offer over the weekend?

Kam said he talked to him today (and assumed he was a done deal based on their conversation). That's all I know of.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
DavidSeven":20xvvsk7 said:

Seriously. Didn't it happen with Bennett too? This has been an emotional roller coaster

bigtrain21

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3qbwsuz0 said:
Laloosh":3qbwsuz0 said:
brimsalabim":3qbwsuz0 said:

Kam said he talked to him today (and assumed he was a done deal based on their conversation). That's all I know of.

I think that Kam turned on Sportscenter or saw on twitter that it was being reported as done and did see him that morning so he just thought it was done.

Norn Iron man

Reaction score
If he brought his family out you have to think he's more or less made the decision. Still it's very annoying that we have to wait and worry that something's going to change.

Laloosh

Reaction score
HawkFan72":19dlyqgv said:
Laloosh":19dlyqgv said:
brimsalabim":19dlyqgv said:

That doesn't really indicate that Allen reached out to Kam or anyone else. Likely the other way around.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1od3q3f4 said:
Laloosh":1od3q3f4 said:
brimsalabim":1od3q3f4 said:

Kam retracted. He said meant Allen "would be a nice addition" not "is"

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
How awesome is this, eh?!?

I never for a second bought all that rhetoric about the fact that he was seriously going to retire. Of course he was going to WANT $10 million a year ... but in all honesty this guy has had his big payday already. He's made his boatload of money already. For a guy at his stage of his career the one thing that's missing ... is the ring. Given all of the teams out there that are honestly in the market for DE help right now, there is no question that Seattle is the best option. They've already won the Super Bowl and unlike a lot of teams that DO eventually win it, this team is loaded with young talent and looks primed to do it again. Heck, the Seahawks look like a team that could go on a serious run. Seattle's Defense is already incredible enough as is --- and if you actually add Jared Allen to that mix ... (phht!) that could be a Godzilla stomping on Tokyo kind of defense. If I were in his shoes, that's exactly how I would be looking at things ... and I think that's probably exactly how Jared Allen really IS viewing things. Look out Niners and Rams, 'cause it looks like a storm is a coming.

:th2thumbs:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Loved this tweet by Kam when he corrected his misinformed tweet.

Kameron ‏@Kam_Chancellor 38m
Suppose to say Would be a great addition to the team. My persuading sucks. Let me stick to hitting people.

Yes Kam do stick to what you do best :D

Blitzer88

Reaction score
This whole situation is starting to become ridiculous. And really I don't think he signs here now. Leaving a second time with no agreed upon deal, doesn't sound good.

A London Hawk

Reaction score
If he's off the mindset where he'd be ok with retiring, his family being happy with the move sounds like an important part of the decision making. He's clearly not going to get the money he reputedly wanted so weighing the chances of winning an SB verses uprooting his family is a thing, even if we wish it wasn't.

six sigma

Reaction score
Could be worse, at least we'll know in a couple of days. I remember what the Scout board was like when everyone was desperate to get Ed Hartwell.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Oh well, he either comes here or he doesn't. If he doesn't want to, screw him, if he does, welcome.
And yes, that's how I look at it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts