Hawks have scored 241 points

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Agreed. It was way past time to move on. Now he's somebody else's problem.
I think it was the perfect time to get rid of him. No one questioned his extention in 2019 and that made it impossible to move on until this year. Russ only really started complaining about being a seahawk 18 months ago and until then he was a declining but still excellent QB. I also suspect it was the first time Pete and John were happy with the situation for a replacement.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Agreed. It was way past time to move on. Now he's somebody else's problem.

And it's a much bigger problem than it was for the Seahawks, because he costs more despite his skills having declined, and especially because he doesn't have a coach like Pete Carroll who can find ways to cover for the QB's limitations.
I can't tell you how happy it makes me that it's the still-loathed Broncos that have that problem. It could only be better if The Teeth were still in charge in Denver, 'cause I'd have loved for him to have been the one who gave the limited QB that monster contract.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think it was the perfect time to get rid of him. No one questioned his extention in 2019 and that made it impossible to move on until this year. Russ only really started complaining about being a seahawk 18 months ago and until then he was a declining but still excellent QB. I also suspect it was the first time Pete and John were happy with the situation for a replacement.
Simply not true at all.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
And it's a much bigger problem than it was for the Seahawks, because he costs more despite his skills having declined, and especially because he doesn't have a coach like Pete Carroll who can find ways to cover for the QB's limitations.
I can't tell you how happy it makes me that it's the still-loathed Broncos that have that problem. It could only be better if The Teeth were still in charge in Denver, 'cause I'd have loved for him to have been the one who gave the limited QB that monster contract.
He is still our PROBLEM he costs us dead cap hits this season
and next.
We have to rely on him for better picks in the draft.
I love it that he's finally not the QB of the Hawks but he's still
not 100% gone.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
He is still our PROBLEM he costs us dead cap hits this season
and next.

We have to rely on him for better picks in the draft.
I love it that he's finally not the QB of the Hawks but he's still
not 100% gone.

(Boldface and color emphasis is mine)
Where did you get that information?

Overthecap has Wilson costing $26M of dead money on the Seahawks' cap this season and zero next season. The only two dead-money charges shown for 2023 so far are $4.2M for Dunlap and $1.5M for Carson.

Spotrac has those two plus several much-smaller dead-money cap charges ranging from $3,334 to $78,585. The result is that instead of just the $5.7M in dead money Overthecap shows, there's a total of $5,870,942 in dead money on the Seahawks' 2023 cap. None of it comes from Wilson.

Wilson is costing the Seahawks $26M of cap space this season, but it looks like that's it. Nothing more next season. And the Seahawks appear to be doing just fine despite having that $26M hole in the 2022 cap. Schneider and Carroll are very good at what they do.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
(Boldface and color emphasis is mine)
Where did you get that information?

Overthecap has Wilson costing $26M of dead money on the Seahawks' cap this season and zero next season. The only two dead-money charges shown for 2023 so far are $4.2M for Dunlap and $1.5M for Carson.

Spotrac has those two plus several much-smaller dead-money cap charges ranging from $3,334 to $78,585. The result is that instead of just the $5.7M in dead money Overthecap shows, there's a total of $5,870,942 in dead money on the Seahawks' 2023 cap. None of it comes from Wilson.

Wilson is costing the Seahawks $26M of cap space this season, but it looks like that's it. Nothing more next season. And the Seahawks appear to be doing just fine despite having that $26M hole in the 2022 cap. Schneider and Carroll are very good at what they do.
I thought it was splitting the $26 between this year and next which is how it can be done.
I think the cap hit is higher than 26 though and will find out.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Both Overthecap and Spotrac have Wilson's dead-money hit on the Seahawks cap at $26M this season, zero next season. Here are links to the relevant pages on both sites. On Overthecap, dead money is over on the right side of the page. On Spotrac, you have to scroll down about 2/3 of the page to "2022 Dead Cap" (or search for "Dead Cap" when the page opens).

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Only KC at 243 has scored more points in the NFL.

Hmmm how could a team get rid of the most unlimited QB ever and then score so many points?
That's a bit of a twisted truth. Philly and Buff have scored more than the Hawks as well. It's just per game not over all. The Hawks have scored 26.8 points per game (9 gms). Philly has scored 28 ppg (8 gms) and Buff 27.5 ppg (8 gms).

Still very impressive considering the magnitude of the off season change.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Per game is really all that matters, and they are getting it done. This season has been a shock to say the least. In a very good way.

keasley45

Reaction score

He was as limited in 2019 as he is in 2022 and as he was in 2016. Had we made the transition earlier the team might have been in contention mode... real contention mode (not one and done in the playoffs when we face solid defenses who knew fhe handful of plays that our passing game hung on) for years now.

I think it was more a 'better later than never' scenario. But agree. GLAD we have a real offense now that can win effectively through the air and on the ground.

Highly efficient, highly accurate, highly explosive. Peteball at its purest and finest.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good points. Shoot, even watching the games, I don't catch myself getting worried when they make a mistake and/or if the other team scores. It's like truly no big deal to this team, and I find myself EXPECTING them to win every game. I did not see that coming, at all. Most fun this team has been to watch in several years imo.

And yet again, The Closer finishes the game out. Walker has been an incredible draft pick.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
That's a bit of a twisted truth. Philly and Buff have scored more than the Hawks as well. It's just per game not over all. The Hawks have scored 26.8 points per game (9 gms). Philly has scored 28 ppg (8 gms) and Buff 27.5 ppg (8 gms).

Yes but I was not breaking down to ppg. Also it includes defensive points. . But in points for against the Hawks have second most.

ccla

Reaction score
He was as limited in 2019 as he is in 2022 and as he was in 2016. Had we made the transition earlier the team might have been in contention mode... real contention mode (not one and done in the playoffs when we face solid defenses who knew fhe handful of plays that our passing game hung on) for years now.

I think it was more a 'better later than never' scenario. But agree. GLAD we have a real offense now that can win effectively through the air and on the ground.

Highly efficient, highly accurate, highly explosive. Peteball at its purest and finest.
👍

ccla

Reaction score
Good points. Shoot, even watching the games, I don't catch myself getting worried when they make a mistake and/or if the other team scores. It's like truly no big deal to this team, and I find myself EXPECTING them to win every game. I did not see that coming, at all. Most fun this team has been to watch in several years imo.

And yet again, The Closer finishes the game out. Walker has been an incredible draft pick.
I have to admit, when Geno got that pick i started fretting. Glad he proved me wrong.

Ccla

Smellyman

Reaction score

Yes, but in 2016 he was still greased lightning and could not be contained in the pocket.

He used to be a skinny wizard with a huge arm and soon became nothing but a short fat slow potato with a huge arm

toffee

Reaction score

Bills, Chiefs, Eagles, those are elite company. The media experts and Vegas may not be ready to respect us, the data and analytics sure honored us for the past few weeks.