Hawks in the UK this year? - EDIT - Confirmed - 10/14

original poster

Reaction score
I live about 45 minutes from where the game will be held, cannot tell you how happy I am!

ScottishSeahawk

Reaction score
Delighted with this news personally. I've been going for the past few years and have had to sit through teams I have no real interest in. Already roping a few mates into this game :irishdrinkers:

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Got to be a Seahawks UK fans meet up? I'll wear a carnation and have a newspaper under my arm in St Pancras station.

Lwrb25

Reaction score
Cannot wait for this. Season ticket holder the last few years, finally the Hawks. My only worry is a) if the stadium isn't finished, and b) if there is an issue getting tickets, as I know they want to offer them to Spurs fans...

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
original poster":24sgkii2 said:
I live about 45 minutes from where the game will be held, cannot tell you how happy I am!

Just realised its being held at the new Tottenham ground, this is especially handy as I live in Tottenham.

HoldYourHawk

Reaction score
Thank goodness this is our road game.

On that note I don't understand how more home teams aren't upset that a game supposedly minutes from home is now hours oversea. Seems like a potential disadvantage as you lose a home game.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm happy for our European 12's of course and that it's an away game so we still get all 8 home games.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":6xtuk7so said:
Got to be a Seahawks UK fans meet up? I'll wear a carnation and have a newspaper under my arm in St Pancras station.

how ive always pictured you... but with a mustache (please say you have a mustache)

side note.. as cool as this... that's a long ass flight from Seattle and Oakland. Surprised they took west coast teams

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Garbage. Stop with the UK games, they are always trash and expansion into the EU will never be feasible. Just stop already.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1jiy10ks said:
UK_Seahawk":1jiy10ks said:

how ive always pictured you... but with a mustache (please say you have a mustache)

side note.. as cool as this... that's a long ass flight from Seattle and Oakland. Surprised they took west coast teams
With luck, the Week 5 game will be the one @ Carolina so they can leave for England from the East Coast.

Coxal

Reaction score
1 hour flight from Paris i'm all in!!! Can't wait and I'll be glad to meet some .net members in a pub!

I'm so happy!!!!!!!! I spent 4000$ 3 years ago for a trip to Seattle and the Cowboys game... bought two tickets for 650$. Turns out it was our first loss in like 3 years @home... I was devastated. What a blessing to be able to assist another Hawks game!

TwilightError

Reaction score
Great stuff! Not generally a fan of taking games overseas but I will gladly attend this one anyway! It would ne nice to make it to a Meeting too.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Even though we were hoping it would be 2018, we're stoked to make our first ever trip to London. Got the wife on board, boom :2thumbs:
Now to figure out how the hell to come up with the money :shock:

idle Eric

Reaction score
I get the negativity for UK games from US fans , I really do and I wouldn't have wanted the seahawks to have had this as a home game. But this is hard to explain for a UK fan. 37 years waiting to get to see them . Amazing news today !!

timmat

Reaction score
It would be nice if we could play our road game vs. the Panthers in week 5, and then just go to London from there. It would make the travel so much easier on the team.

original poster

Reaction score
timmat":298r53hr said:
It would be nice if we could play our road game vs. the Panthers in week 5, and then just go to London from there. It would make the travel so much easier on the team.

Absolutely.

Not far off a flight to Miami from Seattle if thats the case.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I wish they would have put this off a little longer. I already made plans to go to the UK in December this year. Bummer

kidhawk

Reaction score
HoldYourHawk":1bwcyqfs said:
Thank goodness this is our road game.

On that note I don't understand how more home teams aren't upset that a game supposedly minutes from home is now hours oversea. Seems like a potential disadvantage as you lose a home game.

Generally the home team that gives up it's game makes more money swapping out for a london game, so the owners of those teams are happy to do it. Look at the selection of teams that have done the London games as home games; they are usually teams lagging in home stadium support. Raiders are a perfect example. Teams with older stadiums that don't bring in as much revenue, or lackluster fan bases are happy to bring in the extra revenue these London games provide.

Remember, we as fans are here for the game. The owners are mostly about the profits.