Hawks in the UK this year? - EDIT - Confirmed - 10/14

gowazzu02

Reaction score
UGHHH we trade our second closest road trip for London! Can't wait to see the air miles traveled stat next year. We're gonna beat the next closest team by 10,000 miles.

TheHawkDoc

Reaction score
I'll be there. Coming from Nashville. Direct flights starting in May. Gotta figure out when tickets go on sale and how to get em. :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Thought I'd show a very recent photo of the stadium we'll be playing in for the game...

4804721C00000578 0 image a 30 1515675308837

Here's a link to an interactive page with different views of the construction...

[urltargetblank]http://new-stadium.tottenhamhotspur.com/interact/[/urltargetblank]

mikeak

Reaction score
The rules are you get a bye week after (unless you waive it which Indy has done) so then I hope we get our Thursday night game after the bye

small chance but would a really nice long break in the middle with an extended week after the TNF game

AgentDib

Reaction score
I've been waiting for this one as well. London is a fun city to visit and the pound is still discounted a little.

I do agree with the schedule complaints. In the interest of parity you would think they could always schedule west coast teams at 4 EST, schedule thursday night games after a bye, and make some effort to balance out miles traveled at least within a division. I'll skeptically file this under the "It must be harder than we think it is" category.

SnapDan

Reaction score
So happy the hawks are coming over to the UK! I get why some of you guys might not like it, but I've been to every IS in the last 5 years and the fans can't get enough and it is growing fast.

I know it kinda had a boom way back this day and age is different, we get access to everything like gamepass/twitter/YouTube we keep up to date with everything way easier than 'back in the day'.

I'm totally against the UK having a franchise that's been mentioned, we already have teams who we love, we don't want another!!

UK has a huge seattle following and I'm sure we'll do the 12s proud v the raiders in London!

drcool

Reaction score
My brother in law and his family are moving to England in a couple months. Seems like October will be a great month to go visit them. And if I can justify a trip to our UK office I might just be able to have the company foot the bill for the airfare.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3dn1446o said:
UGHHH we trade our second closest road trip for London! Can't wait to see the air miles traveled stat next year. We're gonna beat the next closest team by 10,000 miles.
I'm fairly certain Oakland will have more travel miles than Seattle next year.

London12

Reaction score
It might be tough to get tickets to this one! I'm still going to get as close as possible

Beren

Reaction score
I'm absolutely delighted with this news as a UK fan. Bit of a shame the game isn't at Twickenham as I fully expect Spurs' new ground to be every bit as soulless as Wembley, but I can't complain as this is incredible news. Definitely renewing the UK ST!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm putting it on my UK friends to get us a pair of tix :)
I'm sure that won't be a problem. Now the goal is to book our flights sooner than later. Found a decent price (from what I was told) on Expedia today for a couple round trip fights.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Still don’t like the idea of overseas games, but I’m happy for the overseas fans that get to see their beloved Hawks.

original poster

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2ou4f6lu said:
I'm putting it on my UK friends to get us a pair of tix :)
I'm sure that won't be a problem. Now the goal is to book our flights sooner than later. Found a decent price (from what I was told) on Expedia today for a couple round trip fights.

Norwegian Airlines do a really cheap flight to and from Seattle!

75%+ of the UK fans that visit CLink travel via them :)

rjdriver

Reaction score
I’m going.

Wanted to take my family anyway.

Hopefully I get to meet me fellow .netters who are locals.
Anyone know the earliest and how we procure tickets

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just checked out Norwegian Air, the "low fare" option is about a grand for 2 people total, RT, direct flights from Seattle. Pretty good. Not sure how much they charge for meals and the seat selection though.

We have our Alaska Air companion fare to use. Would doing a round trip on Alaska to New York/back to Seattle be a good option? Then maybe a separate RT - British Air from NY to Heathrow?

Just curious, have never traveled out of the country, let alone across the pond.

daveyoung52

Reaction score
Sounds like the stadiums going to be blue and green,how sensitive are the instruments at the University of Washington ?

ronnieboycefanclub

Reaction score
I am intending on attending, I have been to all the regular season London games.

I have registered my interest with NFL UK although I have had a season ticket. The new stadium holds 61000 amd there are around 35-40000 season ticket holders who I understand get priority. If it is not possible to get a ticket in the general sale there is a possibility closer to the date. This is when the tickets for travel packages and those reserved for the home teams season ticket holders that have not been taken up are returned.

When the tickets go on sale, the sale normally starts at 10.00am GMT.

Steve2222

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":4msx3nk0 said:
Awesome for Raider fans in Oakland who only have 1 or 2 more seasons with their team and are losing a home game.

Glad its a road game for us.

The Raiders will be losing a home game every year before they make the move. They’ve played the past two years in Mexico as the home team (16 vs Houston MNF, 17 vs Patriots)