Hawks in the UK this year? - EDIT - Confirmed - 10/14

Gibbo

Reaction score
London12":2damzy17 said:
Definitely wishful thinking on his part. My dad was into the NFL the first time it was an actual fad and he shares similar pessimism, I think it's that generation. Of course they didn't have these live games and all the NFL content you could ever want online then.

Doesn't need to be said, but I'd be excited.

Yes part wishful thinking but also I don’t think it’s sutainable.

The number of games has dropped to 3. From what I’ve heard a lot of the players aren’t happy about going there either from the west coast as it’s a massive inconvenience and can have a knock on effect for a couple of weeks.

I suspect once each team has done it once or twice the novelty wears off and the NFL upstairs different avenues.

kev007

Reaction score
:greetingsearthling: fellow 12's

Wife and I were lucky enough to travel to Seattle in Septemeber 2017 and got tickets to the 49ers game - wow, what an experience! Even though it wasn't maybe the best of games, the match day atmosphere was amazing, And Seattle is a beautiful city.

So excited that us UK 12's will get the chance to see the Seahawks in London! Shame it is not at Wembley Stadium as a much higher seating capacity but the new stadium looks great. Will be a big demand for tickets for that game, I think.

Hope lots of 12's make the trip over the pond - you'll have a great time!

Go 'Hawks.

Kev

seahawksny

Reaction score
Lame
But even worse for Oakland. They get screwed out of a home game. Bad for their ticket sales too.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Ignorance prevails..I am such at the moment...

What is the difference in location from Wembly and where they have it scheduled?
Is there a way for them to change the venue to a place that would be sold out like Wembly? of course that would have to include the proper hotel and foods etc available....maybe even a pub or two.

Is there ample transport available to the venue and actually both venues for all the fans? I know nothing about the UK. (cept what is shown in cartoons.)

pmedic920

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":19v96e1m said:
Ignorance prevails..I am such at the moment...

What is the difference in location from Wembly and where they have it scheduled?
Is there a way for them to change the venue to a place that would be sold out like Wembly? of course that would have to include the proper hotel and foods etc available....maybe even a pub or two.

Is there ample transport available to the venue and actually both venues for all the fans? I know nothing about the UK. (cept what is shown in cartoons.)

I think the biggest difference is about 30,000 seats.
90k at Wembly vs 60k at the new place.
With “X” amount of tickets already spoken for by season ticket holders, there will be far fewer tickets available for public sale.
Approximately 30k fewer.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Also the Tottenham ground is a bitch to get to. I'll most likely walk there but there are no tube stations really close by. There is an overground station but that isn't well served. 4 trains an hour normally.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Congratulations to all of the Seahawk fans abroad that finally get to see their team play at "home". It must be as exciting as it can be!
Remember, we get real loud when we are on defense.
Road trip! My plan is to attend.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Seahawks forced their way into away game in London

The Seattle Seahawks are always crediting their fans for a true homefield advantage and they can thank the 12's again for saving the day on their trip to London. In other words, if the Oakland Raiders and their fan base are looking for someone to blame for losing one of their precious few home games remaining before the team moves to Las Vegas, they can point that hate directly at the 12's.

https://247sports.com/nfl/oakland-raide ... -113612359

Gametime

Reaction score
Been wanting to take the family over for some time now and this is the perfect reason to get off my butt! Got the time off work and we are hoping to see the game and spend a week or two in the area!

Any of you that are local to the area willing to PM some travel tips? :)

Can't WAIT!

Beren

Reaction score
Ticket news in about 5 minutes for UK based Hawks. :irishdrinkers:

EDIT: Spurs' new ground isn't finished, so Seattle-Oakland tickets are on sale in April - with a priority presale for renewing ST-holders, who can do so in respect of the Wembley games on 30th January. Non-ST folk from 15th Feb.

original poster

Reaction score
Or not as the case may be :lol: :lol:

About the only thing confirmed for Hawks fans is the game will be at 6PM UK time so 10am Seattle time.

Beren

Reaction score
:lol: :lol:

Hah, well, you know you probably need to get tickets to the other games to have a reasonable chance of nabbing priority pre-sale tickets for the Seahawks.

original poster

Reaction score
I'm not as nervous as a lot of fans about ticket availability personally.

As long as you're on the computer the moment they go on sale I reckon you'll be OK.

Beren

Reaction score
original poster":19ubqmjx said:
I'm not as nervous as a lot of fans about ticket availability personally.

As long as you're on the computer the moment they go on sale I reckon you'll be OK.

I think Twitter is quite upset because of the phrase "limited number" and each ST account can only get four tickets max for the Hawks game, when some appear to have been buying seven tickets previously - so their group of friends or whatever all used one account, and now three will miss out or need to find tout tickets.

I'm with you though - I will be by the computer on Jan 30th and April-the-whatever. :)

ballard1951

Reaction score
We are Norwegian Hawks, and booked plane tickets and accomodation last night. We saw the away game against Washington in 2014, and the home game against 49ers in 2016. Really looking forward to this one!!

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
should fly over there also. unless a better closer game but sent off a few notes to some firms we use locally that usually get a good amount of tickets for these events. hopefully will turn up a lead or two...