Heath Evans says the Seattle Seahawks will finish 9-7

Rob12

Reaction score
Does anyone here honestly care what a has been (and he was never that great) thinks?

Overseasfan

Reaction score
While we're currently sitting at 1-2 I don't think 9-7 is such a bold prediction. Even though I think something like 11-5 is more likely, the way we look now isn't a guarantee for a play-off spot just yet.

jacobsod

Reaction score
12thbrah":2682x98r said:
Let Arizona feel good about their wins over lottery teams. I kind of like the fact that everyone is selling the Hawks short right now. This team plays better when its backed into a corner

Yep, just like every year about this time, lol. Love the hate from media, keep it coming. Makes it all the more satisfying when they are proved wrong....AGAIN.

But Evans - 9-7? really? wow that's crazy. C'mon man!

marko358

Reaction score
Overseasfan":ovema0jf said:
... the way we look now isn't a guarantee for a play-off spot just yet.

You honestly think there are 6 better teams in the NFC?

ivotuk

Reaction score
It's a common ploy by pundits. Quietly make some semi-outrageous claim that few hear, then if it comes true, toot your own horn.

Heard a lot of that in 2013 and 2014, ESPN radio hosts picking random losses for Seattle that never came to fruition.

hawk45

Reaction score
marko358":2qziommc said:
Overseasfan":2qziommc said:

You kind of chopped the important context. He said he's feeling 11 wins but that as we currently sit the playoffs aren't inevitable. Which seems self-evident to me.

Early season predictions are pretty stupid, especially when we've played tough road games and Cards have played cupcakes, but as far as they go, 9-7 isn't the most outlandish I've heard.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
9-7 how do any of you think we are going 9-7.... blows my mind.. have you looked at the roster we have? have you forgot we get 7 or 8 wins at home? we are 1-2 because we played the 2 hardest road games to open the season and had leads in the 4th in both...... 11-5 at worst with 13-3 or even 14-2 still being a possibility. 9-7 GTFOH

Hawkpower

Reaction score
hawk45":s3tqhvnw said:
marko358":s3tqhvnw said:
Overseasfan":s3tqhvnw said:

You kind of chopped the important context. He said he's feeling 11 wins but that as we currently sit the playoffs aren't inevitable. Which seems self-evident to me.

Early season predictions are pretty stupid, especially when we've played tough road games and Cards have played cupcakes, but as far as they go, 9-7 isn't the most outlandish I've heard.

With a team as talented as Seattle is, 9-7 would be an epic failure.

This team is no more likely to go 9-7 now then they were 4 weeks ago. Two early expected losses does not change that.

It could happen of course, but it would take a comedy of errors.

MVP53

Reaction score
9-7 isn't really that negative of a prediction considering they were 0-2 when he made it. He's predicting they'll go 9-5 the rest of the way. So, he's a hater?

And to those who prefer to just "wait and see", that's great, but Evans is an analyst on TV. He can't just say, "I'm going to wait and see how the season plays out". That's not what he's paid for.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I'm optimistic and believe this team will improve as the season goes on. I am confident in that based on previous years.

Not everyone is buying into that though. Even Seahawks fans are not convinced we will regain that momentum. So it's not really that far out of the realm of possibility.

Essentially if we continue playing like we have been then 9-7 is very realistic but to me it seems unlikely that our O-line won't improve (sans injury) or that Lockett won't become a bigger part of our offense. I also suspect Graham and Wilson will gain chemistry so if those things do happen I think are chances of improving play are pretty good. Keep in mind we will also get back Lane and P-Rich in a few more weeks.

purpleneer

Reaction score
Seafan":2ubcq0uh said:
It's too early. 9-7 is a safe bet. I'm glad we don't play AZ until later. Hopefully the OL picks it up. RW had been in quite a slump. Best game he's played since Carolina. The defense picked it up. The team isn't playing like they are capable but it's a long season and hopefully they will be playing their best in the end.
What exactly do you mean by "safe bet?"

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RichNhansom":35lnvsey said:
I'm optimistic and believe this team will improve as the season goes on. I am confident in that based on previous years.

Not everyone is buying into that though. Even Seahawks fans are not convinced we will regain that momentum. So it's not really that far out of the realm of possibility.

Essentially if we continue playing like we have been then 9-7 is very realistic but to me it seems unlikely that our O-line won't improve (sans injury) or that Lockett won't become a bigger part of our offense. I also suspect Graham and Wilson will gain chemistry so if those things do happen I think are chances of improving play are pretty good. Keep in mind we will also get back Lane and P-Rich in a few more weeks.

So if we keep taking leads in the 4th quarter on the road against one of the NFC's best teams and keep blowing out the weaker teams at home we will go 9-7?

Got it.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
MVP53":9lrbujmj said:
9-7 isn't really that negative of a prediction considering they were 0-2 when he made it. He's predicting they'll go 9-5 the rest of the way. So, he's a hater?

And to those who prefer to just "wait and see", that's great, but Evans is an analyst on TV. He can't just say, "I'm going to wait and see how the season plays out". That's not what he's paid for.

Yes.

Due to the fact that we have already played two of our toughest games of the season, and considering we have one of the top 3 rosters in the NFL, yes, 9-5 (now 8-5) is a bit gloomy, yes.

RCATES

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1udnufry said:

I've heard the positive news for the possibility of P-Rich being active in a few weeks but haven't heard any news on Lane coming back. Care to elaborate.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":coh3bgzu said:
He really needs to stop drinking the Haterade.

Evans is actually a big Hawk fan, not as big as he is a Patriot's fan........but he played here so he's not a "hater" like Prisco or some others that just write crap to get clicks.

I have us at 10-6, so Evans is not too far off. It's the NFL, as we've seen with the Rams game, at least 4-5 games a year come down to the 4th quarter or overtime. So these games like @ Cincy, @Baltimore, @ Dallas and @ Minnesota could be season swingers if they don't go our way.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
RCATES":3uoel1hx said:
RichNhansom":3uoel1hx said:

I've heard the positive news for the possibility of P-Rich being active in a few weeks but haven't heard any news on Lane coming back. Care to elaborate.

I believe they put him on the pup instead of IRing him. Wouldn't that signify they believe he will be back?

Maybe slow at first but hopefully by playoff time he is firing on all cylinders again for the next run.

Fingers crossed of course because I think he is our best slot corner by a long shot.