Heath Evans says the Seattle Seahawks will finish 9-7

Seanhawk

Reaction score
RunTheBall":17ox2e28 said:
Missing_Clink":17ox2e28 said:
I get that you want to be all superfan-y and you don't agree with me, and that's fine. But I don't really understand why either of us would want to bet our .net account on this, or anything really.

Because if anyone is the "superfan" it's yourself, having a .net account really doesn't mean much at all to me... but I mean you're the one afraid to bet on something you are CERTAIN will happen. You won't bet because:
A. You're insecure
B. You love the fact that if we do get swept you can post "I TOLD YOU SO"
C. You love the fact that if we don't get swept like you guaranteed you can just hide amongst all the other posters because in a win all the past negative predictions are magically forgiven and forgotten on a home team forum

Dude, just stop.

Hawks46

Reaction score
RunTheBall":nc463fma said:
Hawkpower":nc463fma said:
Cards first 5 opponents are a combined 2-13.

Lets let it play out.

Do we remember last year? At all?
Last year when we were 3-3 and then 6-4 and Arizona was on their hot streak many of the "True" or "Unbiased" fans told us that there was no way to argue with the "Logic" that Arizona would win the division and that the Seahawks were a 9-7 or 10-6 team at best.... Then as we went on our run those posters magically posted less and less or not at all or just tried to blend in with the crowd of other posters. Will probably happen with Clink too, just wait a couple months.

Regardless of whether AZ's opponents have been poor or not, they lead the league in points differential. So, they've been playing the schedule they've been given, and doing what they're supposed to do to those teams, and doing it very well. It's also allowing them to get off to a good start and get some rhythm, while we've had to fight through what might be the toughest start in the league.

That said, I don't see why you're attacking the guy. Outside of the "mediocre" comment (which at 1-2 is still somewhat valid by record), we're clearly not the best team in the NFL, at THIS point.

I do see parallels to last season, but Arizona is playing very well and relying on your opponent's QB to get injured is not a sound strategy. What if he doesn't get hurt ?

12thbrah

Reaction score
Let Arizona feel good about their wins over lottery teams. I kind of like the fact that everyone is selling the Hawks short right now. This team plays better when its backed into a corner

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
RunTheBall":awrr62xl said:
Missing_Clink":awrr62xl said:
I get that you want to be all superfan-y and you don't agree with me, and that's fine. But I don't really understand why either of us would want to bet our .net account on this, or anything really.

Because if anyone is the "superfan" it's yourself, having a .net account really doesn't mean much at all to me... but I mean you're the one afraid to bet on something you are CERTAIN will happen. You won't bet because:
A. You're insecure
B. You love the fact that if we do get swept you can post "I TOLD YOU SO"
C. You love the fact that if we don't get swept like you guaranteed you can just hide amongst all the other posters because in a win all the past negative predictions are magically forgiven and forgotten on a home team forum

Quite possibly the most ridiculous instance of a straw man argument I've ever seen on .net. Literally everything you have suggested here is completely inaccurate.
1. I never said I was certain. I have no guarantee of who will win, no one does
2. I'm not insecure. I don't base my self-worth on how strongly I believe the Hawks will win a football game or what people on an Internet forum think about that. People that do should probably reevaluate their lives
3. It would suck if the Hawks got swept by the Cards. I would hate it.
4. I cannot possibly articulate how little I care about being forgiven by people on the internet for thinking that the seahawks will lose a game or games in the future. Honestly man, just from the tenor of all your posts, it doesn't seem like you have much going on in your life. Might be time to get some new hobbies or something.

jblaze

Reaction score
Heather Evans and Trent Dilfer are two ex-Seahawks who inexplicably hate the Seahawks and don't even try to hide it.

Every week I see something negative come out of both of their mouths that tells me that they're diehard haters and butthurt about something that happened during their time here and they can't approach their job as professionals.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawks46":2lg9i5rm said:
RunTheBall":2lg9i5rm said:
Hawkpower":2lg9i5rm said:
Cards first 5 opponents are a combined 2-13.

Lets let it play out.

Do we remember last year? At all?
Last year when we were 3-3 and then 6-4 and Arizona was on their hot streak many of the "True" or "Unbiased" fans told us that there was no way to argue with the "Logic" that Arizona would win the division and that the Seahawks were a 9-7 or 10-6 team at best.... Then as we went on our run those posters magically posted less and less or not at all or just tried to blend in with the crowd of other posters. Will probably happen with Clink too, just wait a couple months.

Regardless of whether AZ's opponents have been poor or not, they lead the league in points differential. So, they've been playing the schedule they've been given, and doing what they're supposed to do to those teams, and doing it very well. It's also allowing them to get off to a good start and get some rhythm, while we've had to fight through what might be the toughest start in the league.

That said, I don't see why you're attacking the guy. Outside of the "mediocre" comment (which at 1-2 is still somewhat valid by record), we're clearly not the best team in the NFL, at THIS point.

I do see parallels to last season, but Arizona is playing very well and relying on your opponent's QB to get injured is not a sound strategy. What if he doesn't get hurt ?

We dont need to be the best team in the NFL at THIS point, We need to be the best team down the stretch come playoff time.

Besides, because of the imbalance of schedules that can happen this early in the season, I dont know how you can say who is better than who. Its too early. We would be 3-0 with the Cards schedule too, so how do we know which team is better?

Let it play out.

canfan

Reaction score
I can see where Heath is coming from. I actually watched the segment where he made the prediction, and he is basing his win/loss records based on the play of the offensive line. Anybody want to call him a hater for thinking our oline is not good? That's only on the surface though! We all know he is just butt hurt because he is now tied with Thomas Rawls for career yards as a Seahawk! (True story!) :)

Seafan

Reaction score
It's too early. 9-7 is a safe bet. I'm glad we don't play AZ until later. Hopefully the OL picks it up. RW had been in quite a slump. Best game he's played since Carolina. The defense picked it up. The team isn't playing like they are capable but it's a long season and hopefully they will be playing their best in the end.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
canfan":3fpfmiil said:
I can see where Heath is coming from. I actually watched the segment where he made the prediction, and he is basing his win/loss records based on the play of the offensive line. Anybody want to call him a hater for thinking our oline is not good? That's only on the surface though! We all know he is just butt hurt because he is now tied with Thomas Rawls for career yards as a Seahawk! (True story!) :)

We had a terrible O-line in 2013 and 2014 and we didnt finish 9-7.

He's not fooling anyone. We know.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":11p9pitf said:
KitsapGuy":11p9pitf said:
Predicted losses? Cincinnati Bengals, Carolina Panthers, Minnesota Vikings

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0a ... =Facebook_

Unless Heath adds two more losses in that amazing prognosis of his, that's only five losses. If so, Heath may not be quite the mathematician he thinks he is.

He has us losing to the Ravens and losing the final game of the year (and splitting with) Arizona.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3evy03ce said:
Missing_Clink":3evy03ce said:
I wouldn't really be too surprised. Zona is gonna beat us twice and they could lose a few more in there. They're just a mediocre team. The days of being the best team in the NFL are clearly over

Christ.

Did we lost two close road games at any point in the last two years? You know, when we were the best team in the NFL?

We did?

Oh yeah.

How do we have almost the same exact roster (maybe even better with Graham and Lockett) and go from being the best to mediocre?

Too many Blue Friday Seahawk fans.

We weren't the best team in nfl after three weeks last season

And the answer to your question is very simple.. lynch is a year older.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
seahawksny":1eg4yedf said:
Hawkpower":1eg4yedf said:
Missing_Clink":1eg4yedf said:
I wouldn't really be too surprised. Zona is gonna beat us twice and they could lose a few more in there. They're just a mediocre team. The days of being the best team in the NFL are clearly over

Christ.

Did we lost two close road games at any point in the last two years? You know, when we were the best team in the NFL?

We did?

Oh yeah.

How do we have almost the same exact roster (maybe even better with Graham and Lockett) and go from being the best to mediocre?

Too many Blue Friday Seahawk fans.

We weren't the best team in nfl after three weeks last season

And the answer to your question is very simple.. lynch is a year older.

When did I say we were the best team after 3 games last year?

I said we lost games and yet still ended up being the best team in the NFC, hence there isnt any reason to declare us mediocre after two losses this year. Its a 16 game season my friend. Marathon, not a sprint. Seahawks fans should know this well. Patriots struggled early last year. How did that end up for them?

PS: Lynch may have lost a step. We will have to wait and see. But that fact alone does not rocket us from being the best to mediocre. NFL fans who have watched for longer than a year and a half know this.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1k4a9q8u said:
I have news, 9-7 is a real possibility.

So is 14-2. So is 6-10.

I think 10 to 11 wins is probably more likely considering we lost one of our swing games (@ Rams)

But there are so many variables its hard to know. Who would have thought that the game @ Dallas would go from being one our toughest games to one of our easier road games?

9-7 is possible, but to predict it at this point is a bit gloomy. We still have the one of the, if not THE most talented rosters in the NFL. We would have to lose most of our swing games for that to come true.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2zlfwmjm said:
Chukarhawk":2zlfwmjm said:

So is 14-2. So is 6-10.

I think 10 to 11 wins is probably more likely considering we lost one of our swing games (@ Rams)
But there are so many variables its hard to know. Who would have thought that the game @ Dallas would go from being one our toughest games to one of our easier road games?

9-7 is possible, but to predict it at this point is a bit gloomy. We still have the one of the, if not THE most talented rosters in the NFL. We would have to lose most of our swing games for that to come true.
Thing is I only see one swing game (Cincinnati) until Arizona and that isn't a swing game regardless of them probably being 8-0 by then. At this point the only reason we have a real chance to still win the division is the fact that Arizona has an insane back half schedule.

I'd say 11-5/12-4 is the most likely result at this point without accounting for other variables.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":tjubdnvf said:
Hawkpower":tjubdnvf said:
Chukarhawk":tjubdnvf said:

So is 14-2. So is 6-10.

Thing is I only see one swing game (Cincinnati) until Arizona and that isn't a swing game regardless of them probably being 8-0 by then. At this point the only reason we have a real chance to still win the division is the fact that Arizona has an insane back half schedule.

I'd say 11-5/12-4 is the most likely result at this point without accounting for other variables.

Good analysis.

I would say that 11-5 is probably our most likely finish.

I live here in Phoenix, and I'm still not sold on the Cards as a top 3 NFC team.

Don't get me wrong, they have looked good, and I think they are a playoff team, but their schedule has been BRUTALLY easy thus far. Any of the NFC hopefulls would be 3-0 with that schedule. Its just too early to tell if they are a 5/6 seed type team or a challenger with us and Green Bay for the #1

Combine that with Palmer's injury potential and it can take any number of possibilities down the road.