Here's to 2015

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
We CAN beat Arizona both games. Football Outsiders DVOA rating says we'd be favored in both games.

At the start of the season, it looked like the Cards schedule could put them at 12-4. They're quality surprise win came on the road against Dallas, but remember, on paper that looked like a win anyways. Honestly, this fast start was expected with their schedule, knowing they were a decent team. They will lose those 4 games. If St. Louis wins at home, the Cards go 11-5. That's AFTER we sweep them.

So no, we won't win this division. We're looking at a Wildcard slot.

We're not catching Green Bay, they just have it easy. We're probably losing to SF on TDay with no rest after the tough game against AZ. That's loss 5. We win out at home, not saying it will be easy, but we do it. We beat AZ on the road, despite everyone thinking there's no chance, but it's the game in Philly that we shouldn't win that we have to win because of the Rams loss. 10-6 is most likely. Green Bay isn't going 10-6.

Dallas isn't going 10-6 and even if they did, it wouldn't be enough. They are NOT going 9-7.

Detroit has 7 wins and 2 games with Chicago, as well as games against Minnesota and Tampa Bay. That should net them 11 wins. Catching Detroit means losing only one game here on out. Possible, but not favorable.

That means we HAVE to catch Philly to get in the playoffs. We HAVE to win that game. But even if we beat them, we need them to lose another game. They can and probably should.

So basically, our playoff picture is this: We can't lose more than one more game and we CAN'T lose to Philly.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Team Slapaho":3lzdexlh said:
jkitsune":3lzdexlh said:
Oh, Jesus. We lost on the road to an AFC team. There are 6 games left and we're 6-4, and 5 of those are in division. The season is anything but over.

We are NOT beating the cardinals this year. They are a far superior offensive team than the seahawks with a stout defense. They are legit this season.

Well, shit. Guess they better just forfeit the games.

hawkpride

Reaction score
Yep, it's done. But it's ok as you can't win them all.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I gave up after the San Diego game. I don't know why I'm still posting.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":9ibfh868 said:
That means we HAVE to catch Philly to get in the playoffs. We HAVE to win that game. But even if we beat them, we need them to lose another game. They can and probably should.

So basically, our playoff picture is this: We can't lose more than one more game and we CAN'T lose to Philly.

Basically correct. At first I thought if we go 11-5 there's really no way we're out.. but we can still lose some tie-breakers even at 11-5.

So yeah. Philly game is ginormous

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Please become a Santa Clara fan. I can't even fathom what the hell is going on w/people this week. ONE game back from a playoff spot with 6 GAMES LEFT. And people are posting that the season is over. :1:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hey "team slapaho", would you like to put a little wager on Sunday's game. Since there is "no way" the Hawks can beat the mighty Cardinals? :roll:
How about a pint of Mac n Jack's? I'll take the Hawks, you can have the over-hyped Tards.

you in?

I gotta' be honest, I'm embarrassed that some people are Hawks fans. Wow, way to give up on your team when they are in a fight. What great "fans" you are. :th2thumbs:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The good thing about losing a game or 4 is it causes all of the bandwagon fans to bubble to the surface and proclaim their true status for the rest of us diehards to get a good laugh at.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. But you can bet if they go on a little run here, these same people will be talking about how they knew it all along, and how fired up they are about their team etc.
What can I say, I've just been a fan since day 1, 1976. And never have missed a game, whether on tv or in person.

Thru thick and a hell of a lot of thin, you don't just give up on your team. Beyond lame.
Team won the damn Super Bowl, and the next year they are decimated with injuries and still sitting at 6-4, and THIS is how people are? Makes zero sense. Maybe it's true what other cities say about fans here, because holy crap there are a lot of bandwagon jumpers in this town.
Love em when they win, talk smack about em when they lose. Of course, in this case they are 6-4, and they're still having people jump off. So damn hilarious

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Team Slapaho":3jg616je said:
jkitsune":3jg616je said:
Oh, Jesus. We lost on the road to an AFC team. There are 6 games left and we're 6-4, and 5 of those are in division. The season is anything but over.

We are NOT beating the cardinals this year. They are a far superior offensive team than the seahawks with a stout defense. They are legit this season.
Ok then, How about we bet all your money/assets you currently have on that? If the Seahawks beat the Cards this season, I get everything you own and if the Seahawks don't beat the Cards in either game you get everything I have. As confident as you are, you shouldn't have any problem with this bet right?

HawkWow

Reaction score
pehawk":2l087jec said:
Zebulon Dak":2l087jec said:
Close up early for Gurley? Obviously worked better before the ACL news.

That's such a good phrase I don't want it to die. Is there a guy the Hawks could draft that's kind of femmy? It could be "close up early for girly?"

Step aside LOB.

Make way for Gurley and Christine..

BACKDOOR BACKFIELD!

T-SHIRTS............. get your T-shirts here.

RiverDog

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2y2bvqut said:
Well Green Bay is punishing Philadelphia so all things are possible just not likely. Short version is that we're in trouble given the injuries to Mebane and now Unger.

You have to add Zach Miller to the wounded warrior list, too. We really miss him as he's a better pass blocker than either of our tackles and we don't have a TE that can come close to his pass catching ability and the rapport he had with Russell. I was hoping that we'd have him back for the stretch run, but we've lost him for the season, too. Combine those three key injuries with our continued inability to get a consistent pass rush, the inability to protect the QB, none of the WR's rising to the occasion, and the fact that we have the toughest remaining schedule in the league makes things look very bleak.

I disagree with the OP that the season is toast, but if we lose this game Sunday, we can start talking about who we're gonna take with the 20th overall selection.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
I remember SOO many of these posts every other week in 2012. And last year all the "we're about to be exposed" I love the Hawks and our fans. Buy ive never seen people give up so easily like on here.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Shadyhawk182":4ysxc1w7 said:
I remember SOO many of these posts every other week in 2012. And last year all the "we're about to be exposed" I love the Hawks and our fans. Buy ive never seen people give up so easily like on here.

2012 was a whole lot different situation in that our remaining schedule back then was a cake walk compared to what we have to face this season. Back in our run in the second half of 2012, we faced train wrecks like the Tim Tebow/Mark Sanchez Jets, the Buffalo Bills, and the Arizona Cardinals, who had lost something like 9 straight by the time we played them. We had all 3 of our remaining divisional games at home in December. Our bye week came in Week 11 and most of our key players were healthy, even Okung and Unger.

This season, our 2nd half schedule is the toughest in the league. With one exception, every one of those teams is in the thick of the playoff hunt and the one that isn't just got through beetch slapping the Broncos.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but don't kid yourself about the challenges this team faces.

Dismas

Reaction score
Wait, I'm all confused now.

So, I should keep watching the games, stop watching the games?
Root for the Seahawks like I have been doing for 30 years, or should I find some yardwork to do on sunday?

All the years I have been watching this team, there has been only one single year I went in week one with superbowl expectations, and that was last year, when they actually won it.

Most years it has been just a hope to have a winning record.
The last 10 years, it has been hopes to make a decent run in the playoffs.

This year was a playoff run hope year, and that is not completely blown yet, BUT, regardless, I will be watching the game every week, just likeI havefor so long, and I will be riding the rollercoaster and hoping they pull out some fairly unlikely wins,and regardless of how they end up doing, I expect I will keep on being a Seahawk fan for years to come.

I'm not gonna call the season over, and I'm not gonna pollyanna things and expect a superbowl, I'm just gonna keep on twelving.

If you wanna give up, give up, I personally don't care to hear all the it's over stuff, and this is the last thread with that sort of title I intend to open.

Go Hawks!