Last 5 picks at #13

2023- Luke Van Ness
2022- Jordan Davis
2021- Rashawn Slater
2020- Tristian Wirfs
2019- Christian Wilkins

Ozzy

Reaction score
Probably more likely then a team with a 7-9 record winning a playoff game.
You may be right? I’m honestly curious enough to to see if I can find out lol

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm going to guess they've already beaten the Lions twice in Detroit and should have beaten the Cowboys. So having the worst run defense seems irrelevant.

Also, is this question mark usage a meme I'm unaware of?
You said there is no reason to think they can’t go on a run. I’m saying having the worst run defense in the league is a reason to be skeptical especially with how teams play in the playoffs. Teams tend to take less chances, runnning becomes more important and games are tighter. Doesn’t mean they can’t just that it’s reasonable to think they won’t. I’m not sure why every topic has to be so either or. I think they have a tough road but I’ll be rooting for them to go on a run and yes, that’s reasonable

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You said there is no reason to think they can’t go on a run. I’m saying having the worst run defense in the league is a reason to be skeptical especially with how teams play in the playoffs. Teams tend to take less chances, runnning becomes more important and games are tighter. Doesn’t mean they can’t just that it’s reasonable to think they won’t. I’m not sure why every topic has to be so either or. I think they have a tough road but I’ll be rooting for them to go on a run and yes, that’s reasonable
This.. Can't believe I'm seeing this again (rubes wanting to lose) for picks,
I refuse to just lay down and get hosed.

Last edited:

Optimus25

Reaction score
Strangely enough we could compete with Dallas because they don’t seem to have established any semblance of a running game.

SF will gain 12 yards a carry against us in the divisional round though, so that’s a nightmare to consider.

Geologic

Reaction score
I was on the “playoffs” train but yesterday’s loss got me off the train. I want a coaching regime change

NJlargent

Reaction score
I think with this crew a top 5 pick matters. After that they're going to take whatever guy they want regardless of whether he's worthy of the 6 pick or 60th pick. So might as well get in playoffs and pick 21.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I got blasted for even suggesting this a few weeks ago when it was clear the Hawks aren't going anywhere in their current iteration. What a difference a few weeks makes.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
I literally hate to see us lose but at this point it could be in our best interest and I HAVE NEVER SAID that before but after the game yesterday I just want us to get better and i fear that may be the best way
Ouch
Go Hawks either way ill be happy
Happy new year to all. Net

renofox

Reaction score
I've been a Seahawks fan from day one, but watching games like yesterday's is really painful.

If they make the playoffs, that's one more game of misery to watch this season. But if they make it in, I HAVE to watch.

It has nothing to do with playoffs. I watch every game hoping for good play and a win.

I am not averse to being spared the misery of yet another humiliating playoff loss.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score
I think with this crew a top 5 pick matters. After that they're going to take whatever guy they want regardless of whether he's worthy of the 6 pick or 60th pick. So might as well get in playoffs and pick 21.
Typically, there are 15-20 first round caliber prospects each year. According to most draft Boards. So having a top 15 pick could end up being huge for this team.

If the team only has 15 or so guys on their Board with a first round grade, that could be the difference between getting a really good player or having to settle.

They lucked out when JSN was still available to them. But other years they've either traded out or reached for players. So yes, having a decent pick does matter.

In 2018, they missed out on Derwin James by 1 pick. Which resulted in them trading out of their own pick (18) & later reaching for Rashaad Penny.

2019, They missed out on both Noah Fant & Montez Sweat & had to settle for LJ Collier.

It's those cases that has led them to the most trouble.

Last edited:

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Hawks have already traded away two of their top five picks for next season.
My feeling is that puts them out of reach of getting their QB of the future.

Still though...
A difference maker on the defensive line and maybe a top tier inside linebacker is remotely possible.

OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score
Carpenter (25)
Ifedi (31)
Penny (27)
Collier (29)
Brooks (27)

Top 20 Pick
Okung & Earl (6 & 14)
Irvin (15)
Cross (9)
Witherspoon & JSN (5 & 20)

The lower the pick, the more likely they are to miss on a guy. Just based on their track record.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Probably more likely then a team with a 7-9 record winning a playoff game.

That was a different time though. The L.O.B. was in their infancy, and Beast mode was just getting started in Seattle. New coach too.

Completely different.

This team is on the tail end of Pete's time here, and getting stale. The opposite of '10.

getnasty

Reaction score
That was a different time though. The L.O.B. was in their infancy, and Beast mode was just getting started in Seattle. New coach too.

Completely different.

This team is on the tail end of Pete's time here, and getting stale. The opposite of '10.

Yeah probably a bad thing to get the young guys who will be around regardless of coach playoff experience.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The difference between the pick the team has now and one with a slightly higher slot is minimal. Besides the draft at that point is too often a crap shoot.

The D will make it a 1 and done if they make the playoffs. Pete should can Hurrt now and a least personally shoulder some of the blame For the crap show that is the D.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Neither will matter, but probably the higher pick.
This.

The team needs a new culture. A coach that gives more than lip service to toughness and fundamentals. A staff that can out game plan other staffs. And a few players that are the toughest kids on the block.

We were soft yesterday. Like 80’s Chargers soft. Like 90’s Lions soft.

warden

Reaction score
The whole purpose of the regular season is to get invited to the playoffs

warden

Reaction score
A history lesson.

Pete Carroll first season as coach of the Seahawks

We are playing the Rams. Winner wins division at 7 and 9. The fans scream lose the game for a better draft choice. We have no chance at beating the defending champions in the playoffs. Our team is a joke.

We won our division and made the playoffs. The playoff game turned out to be one of the Seahawks finest moments in history. Not only did we win, we got the experience of Beast Quake.

Damn rights, I would rather be in the playoffs then have a higher pick

knownone

Reaction score
I said there's no reason to assume they'd be one-and-done because they've beaten or come close to beating the teams they'd play. But this is Seahawks.net RIO.