• Total voters
OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score
A history lesson.

Pete Carroll first season as coach of the Seahawks

We are playing the Rams. Winner wins division at 7 and 9. The fans scream lose the game for a better draft choice. We have no chance at beating the defending champions in the playoffs. Our team is a joke.

We won our division and made the playoffs. The playoff game turned out to be one of the Seahawks finest moments in history. Not only did we win, we got the experience of Beast Quake.

Damn rights, I would rather be in the playoffs then have a higher pick
The difference being you have to play on the road. No home game.

Even if you win, you'd have to face SF the following week. Does anyone honestly like our chances?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You might refuse that but our defense doesn’t
The D was without Edwards and Brooks .. I know our depth sucks but
having those would have made a big difference.
Playing Spoon in a LB spot was desperate crap but next week those 2
should be back.

nwHawk

Reaction score
You said there is no reason to think they can’t go on a run. I’m saying having the worst run defense in the league is a reason to be skeptical especially with how teams play in the playoffs. Teams tend to take less chances, runnning becomes more important and games are tighter. Doesn’t mean they can’t just that it’s reasonable to think they won’t. I’m not sure why every topic has to be so either or. I think they have a tough road but I’ll be rooting for them to go on a run and yes, that’s reasonable
Truth hurts. If you can’t stop the run on defense and your running game is not good when the playoffs happen, odds are not good.

warden

Reaction score
You play to win the game. No matter how rough your season has been, no matter what will transpire in the future, no matter what the odds are, you give it everything you have as a player. If you are not good enough sobeit as long as you give it your best.

renofox

Reaction score
You play to win the game. No matter how rough your season has been, no matter what will transpire in the future, no matter what the odds are, you give it everything you have as a player. If you are not good enough sobeit as long as you give it your best.
I agree. It's sad that we did not see that from most players yesterday.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Which is why I can see Zona kicking the Hawks butts next week. Their coach wants and needs to win. Murray is the kind of guy that can give this team fits.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
The turning point for me was after week 9 which was the Baltimore ass kicking I don’t think the Hawks ever recovered

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
I take playoffs,but also hoping we don't get embarrassed.
Anything can happen once you're in.

flv2

Reaction score
The difference being you have to play on the road. No home game.

Even if you win, you'd have to face SF the following week. Does anyone honestly like our chances?
Playing the 49ers would be a good thing. No West Coast team has gone East 3 weeks running and won them all. Actually no West Coast team has gone East for the 1st 2 games and then won the 3rd game on the West Coast either. The 49ers came close in 2021 but they faded late against the Rams. If the Rams get past the 1st round I hope we play the 49ers in the divisional round. Jet lag takes a toll.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I picked one and done but I don't really buy the premise of the question: The reason you want to see a team get to the playoffs is because they are literally starting the second season.

Saying 'but they're guaranteed to lose' not 'they'll probably lose' or 'they're favored to lose' means it's not really the playoffs.

Having no chance of victory basically makes this a nothing option. It's like, 'Hi, would you like to watch your team lose an extra game with no stakes since they're guaranteed to lose or get a higher draft pick'?

There is no upside to the first option and there is no downside to the second.
Come on. Everyone in the world knows if Seattle makes the playoffs they will not win a game. And most likely it will be a destruction. First half will be close. Then the other team will make adjustments. And Seattle won’t. And lose by 20 plus. Lol

Jac

Reaction score
Which is why I can see Zona kicking the Hawks butts next week. Their coach wants and needs to win. Murray is the kind of guy that can give this team fits.
This would be the best thing to happen to this franchise. If we don't have wholesale leadership change next season, it's another lost year.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Are we still good with the option for choosing pick#12-15 if that pick won't land us a QB?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Come on. Everyone in the world knows if Seattle makes the playoffs they will not win a game. And most likely it will be a destruction. First half will be close. Then the other team will make adjustments. And Seattle won’t. And lose by 20 plus. Lol
That is what they said before the Beastquake game

NoGain

Reaction score
Questions like this always bother me. They make you feel guilty for acknowledging the fact that better draft positioning might well be in the better long term interests of the team than being a fringe playoff team with little to no hope of being a true title contender.

If I was entirely honest, yes, I thought it would be better in the longer term for the Hawks if they had continued to lose more than they did towards the end of the season and secured a high draft pick. I can't throw my rationality out the window. I still thought that beating Philly, however, was the highlight game of the year, the most thrilling and satisfying win of the season for me.

Why can't two things be true? Why can't I be thrilled and satisfied by beating Philly in that game and also acknowledge that winning that game might not be in the best longer term interests of the team?

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Higher pick, only for the reason that I'm sickened by the overall product we currently have on display on Sundays. It ain't gonna change any time soon.

Jac

Reaction score
Questions like this always bother me. They make you feel guilty for acknowledging the fact that better draft positioning might well be in the better long term interests of the team than being a fringe playoff team with little to no hope of being a true title contender.

If I was entirely honest, yes, I thought it would be better in the longer term for the Hawks if they had continued to lose more than they did towards the end of the season and secured a high draft pick. I can't throw my rationality out the window. I still thought that beating Philly, however, was the highlight game of the year, the most thrilling and satisfying win of the season for me.

Why can't two things be true? Why can't I be thrilled and satisfied by beating Philly in that game and also acknowledge that winning that game might not be in the best longer term interests of the team?
Agreed. Sunday was, for all intents and purposes, a home playoff game. And look how this particular team treated that game.