Holy Crap: Browns nearly traded with 49ers for Jim Harbaugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
-The Glove-":10fjzmru said:
MikeHoncho7":10fjzmru said:
Read this pretty telling. Harbs might have started the talks to leave, and supposedly cant stand Balke. Not Good

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1969 ... head-coach

You think he could've been bluffing since from what I hear there has been no talks of an extension...and the Niners called his bluff?
I heard an interview where Baalke didn't deny the friction, just said that men don't have to really get along to work well together. So I would have to assume the stories about how they don't get on are true.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Scottemojo":5exunt9b said:
-The Glove-":5exunt9b said:
MikeHoncho7":5exunt9b said:
Read this pretty telling. Harbs might have started the talks to leave, and supposedly cant stand Balke. Not Good

You think he could've been bluffing since from what I hear there has been no talks of an extension...and the Niners called his bluff?
I heard an interview where Baalke didn't deny the friction, just said that men don't have to really get along to work well together. So I would have to assume the stories about how they don't get on are true.

All's I know is I have my popcorn ready

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Comcast SportsNet ‏@CSNAuthentic
Source: Jim Tomsula would likely be #49ers next coach if Jim Harbaugh were to leave (via @MaioccoCSN) http://bit.ly/1bSTlRt
#NFL #49ersTalk

Tim KawakamiVerified ‏@timkawakami
Man, remember when I got strafed and strafed for reporting that there was tension inside 49ers HQ focused on Harbaugh?

Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami
He wants to be the top-paid coach in NFL. Window or no window. RT @MJohnBurky maybe he thinks the window has closed in San Francisco?

John Middlekauff ‏@JohnMiddlekauff
If any Bay Area fan thinks that Harbaugh & Baalke can continue to work harmoniously lives in lala land. Tension is real

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows
Tense at times. Cut from same cloth. But they ultimately are good for each other... @BSWest5 your take on the Harbaugh/Baalke relationship?

Florio & Rapoport lulz.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

@ProFootballTalk it’s actually two high-ranking Niners sources, to be specific

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

@RapSheet . . . Why won't they deny it on the record? Because they can't.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1jv9y1z6 said:
Comcast SportsNet ‏@CSNAuthentic
Source: Jim Tomsula would likely be #49ers next coach if Jim Harbaugh were to leave (via @MaioccoCSN) http://bit.ly/1bSTlRt
#NFL #49ersTalk

Tim KawakamiVerified ‏@timkawakami
Man, remember when I got strafed and strafed for reporting that there was tension inside 49ers HQ focused on Harbaugh?

Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami
He wants to be the top-paid coach in NFL. Window or no window. RT @MJohnBurky maybe he thinks the window has closed in San Francisco?

John Middlekauff ‏@JohnMiddlekauff
If any Bay Area fan thinks that Harbaugh & Baalke can continue to work harmoniously lives in lala land. Tension is real

Florio & Rapoport lulz.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

@ProFootballTalk it’s actually two high-ranking Niners sources, to be specific

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Pete Prisco cracks me up sometimes "Twitter fight!"

Marvin49

Reaction score
DavidSeven":221s9503 said:
Cleveland sports radio guy:

Joe Lull ‏@LullOnSports 11m
Browns never reached out to Harbaugh. HE TOLD THEM HE WANTED THE JOB when they called on Roman & Tomsula.

WOW.

I call BS on that one...

...but today just got interesting. LOL.

If this is true (HUGE if), then my guess is the offer was probably HUGE for the 49ers to even entertain it. If it was, then Harbaugh probably backed off when he realized he'd be in Cleveland with no picks to improve the team. LOL.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Oh I so hope this is true and causes a swift, dramatic, exodus that leaves the coaching staff and management in shambles.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":j6kdx5q8 said:
-The Glove-":j6kdx5q8 said:
MikeHoncho7":j6kdx5q8 said:

I am really dubious of anything I hear in the media in regards to harbaugh contract.

The media had Harbaugh in a Miami airport ready to take the Dolphins job 3 years ago. The media had Harbaugh going to Texas.

I'm not saying there is no shread of truth, but my experience is that Harbaugh uses whatever leverage he can find and you really never know what his intention is.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Florio: "A deal between the teams was in place, for multiple draft picks at minimum...but ultimately Harbaugh decided not to leave" #49ers

Florio says next biggest questions are did #49ers let #Browns talk to Harbaugh? And were Browns offering to extend Harbaugh?

Florio: "There were rumblings during the season that Harbaugh doesn't get along w/ Baalke...the Niners were willing to do this for a reason"

Florio: "I guarantee you that what we reported on this is accurate"

Florio on Harbaugh killing trade: "Speculation that I've heard is that Harbaugh's family, specifically his wife, wanted to stay put"

http://media.957thegame.com/a/87780548/ ... -trade.htm

drdiags

Reaction score
Forgetting at the moment why Harbaugh would want to make this move, I bet if he went to Cleveland they would be a playoff team the year he took them over. He may be a mad genius but the Browns have some talent. They need to fix the QB position. Maybe Hoyer is all the Lombardi thought he was and JH can get him to fulfill an Alex Smith type role until he can identify himself a young talent.

At this point, with Petine named the HC and the FO blown up, that ship has sailed but if I am Cleveland, I would pull out all the stops to make this work at the time. Probably one of the reasons Banner and Lombardi got blown out.

If this all is because of Baa.ke and Harbaugh being unable to co-exist, I think I am giving Baalke his walking papers.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Marvin49":qyfvjtsm said:
DavidSeven":qyfvjtsm said:
Cleveland sports radio guy:

Joe Lull ‏@LullOnSports 11m
Browns never reached out to Harbaugh. HE TOLD THEM HE WANTED THE JOB when they called on Roman & Tomsula.

WOW.

I call BS on that one...

...but today just got interesting. LOL.

If this is true (HUGE if), then my guess is the offer was probably HUGE for the 49ers to even entertain it. If it was, then Harbaugh probably backed off when he realized he'd be in Cleveland with no picks to improve the team. LOL.

Yeah, a lot of wild speculation at this point. Crazy story. But IF this is true... man, this is going to be rough on Niner trolls during their flame wars with Seahawk trolls. We've already seen every version of PEDhawks. How many different ways can one say "your coach is afraid to play us?"

Marvin49

Reaction score
lol

ProFootballTalk‏@ProFootballTalk·29 mins

Jed York‏@JedYork·1 min
@ProFootballTalk @RapSheet is this on the record? Report isn't true

NorCal

Reaction score
This is just a power play in the ongoing negotiation over control in Harbs' extension. Nothing more. And I love seeing the "predictions" of the Niners' demise next season. Read the same thing last offseason on this board.

Marvin49

Reaction score
NorCal":32a3wtkp said:
This is just a power play in the ongoing negotiation over control in Harbs' extension. Nothing more. And I love seeing the "predictions" of the Niners' demise next season. Read the same thing last offseason on this board.

To be fair...most here are HOPING for it, not expecting it. Can't say that I wouldn't do the same were the situations reversed.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Jed York ‏@JedYork
@ProFootballTalk @RapSheet is this on the record? Report isn't true

CEO of 49ers

like Danny Kelly said, So Jed York denies it publicly... but is he allowed to lie or is that not ok? Browns not denying. This whole thing is so weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.