Holy Crap: Browns nearly traded with 49ers for Jim Harbaugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":3rwgf0zc said:
NorCal":3rwgf0zc said:
This is just a power play in the ongoing negotiation over control in Harbs' extension. Nothing more. And I love seeing the "predictions" of the Niners' demise next season. Read the same thing last offseason on this board.

To be fair...most here are HOPING for it, not expecting it. Can't say that I wouldn't do the same were the situations reversed.
Not me, beating Harbags is just plain better.

I don't even want the Niners to be bad. Just want them to play playoff games in Seattle every year.

bryantology79

Reaction score
drdiags":cui2f9v0 said:
If this all is because of Baa.ke and Harbaugh being unable to co-exist, I think I am giving Baalke his walking papers.

yup...and he didnt even build the strongest part of the core, mccloughan did. this story doesnt add up

DavidSeven

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":37z5bss2 said:
Jed York ‏@JedYork
@ProFootballTalk @RapSheet is this on the record? Report isn't true

CEO of 49ers

like Danny Kelly said, So Jed York denies it publicly... but is he allowed to lie or is that not ok? Browns not denying. This whole thing is so weird.

Welp. Either Florio or the 49ers are going to end up looking like fools when it's over.

That's a win/win.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":3ctjhb0a said:
Jed York ‏@JedYork

CEO of 49ers

like Danny Kelly said, So Jed York denies it publicly... but is he allowed to lie or is that not ok? Browns not denying. This whole thing is so weird.

Honestly my guess is that there is some level of truth to the fact that the Browns may have inquired.

Hell, if they came to the Seahawks and offered 3 1st round picks, don't the Seahawks have to at least entertain the offer?

My guess is that it was little more than that and Florio is just trying to score website hits.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Marvin49":1bxtajzn said:
NorCal":1bxtajzn said:
This is just a power play in the ongoing negotiation over control in Harbs' extension. Nothing more. And I love seeing the "predictions" of the Niners' demise next season. Read the same thing last offseason on this board.

To be fair...most here are HOPING for it, not expecting it. Can't say that I wouldn't do the same were the situations reversed.

Oh trust me, I don't want Harbaugh to leave. Nothing like beating Harbaugh and I'd miss all the priceless gifs. It just won't be the same if it was some other team.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Marvin49":1sjulfdp said:
SeahawksFanForever":1sjulfdp said:
Jed York ‏@JedYork

CEO of 49ers

Honestly my guess is that there is some level of truth to the fact that the Browns may have inquired.

Hell, if they came to the Seahawks and offered 3 1st round picks, don't the Seahawks have to at least entertain the offer?

My guess is that it was little more than that and Florio is just trying to score website hits.

Reports are that Harbaugh reached out Cleveland tho

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2zaevrvi said:
Marvin49":2zaevrvi said:
NorCal":2zaevrvi said:

Not me, beating Harbags is just plain better.

I don't even want the Niners to be bad. Just want them to play playoff games in Seattle every year.

hehe

I mean the peeps saying the Niners will crumble. :D

Marvin49

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3aackehu said:
Marvin49":3aackehu said:
SeahawksFanForever":3aackehu said:
Jed York ‏@JedYork

CEO of 49ers

That was ONE tweet from someone I've never heard of. I remember Harbaugh was supposedly in an airport in Miami three years ago as well.

Just looked the guy up...he's from Cleveland.

I'm sure he's the guy to be trusted.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com follows up on Florio’s report by adding some insight into the hangups in the contract extension talks in San Francisco. Per Maiocco, the 49ers are not prepared to pay Harbaugh “like a Super Bowl-winning coach” because he hasn’t won the Super Bowl. Harbaugh has taken the 49ers to three straight NFC Championship games, but lost to the Ravens in his only Super Bowl trip.

The 49ers are reportedly offering a short-term deal with lower guarantees than the league’s top echelon of coaches with incentives that would bump Harbaugh up into that tier if he wins a Super Bowl. The team also reportedly gave Harbaugh the right to seek endorsement deals with team sponsors to bump his income closer to desired levels with Harbaugh ultimately taking in an extra $1 million.

As a result, Maiocco reports that Harbaugh’s future with the 49ers remains uncertain even after he decided not to jump to Cleveland earlier this year. Maiocco reports that defensive line coach Jim Tomsula was the likely replacement at head coach if Harbaugh did jump to Cleveland and would presumably be if he leaves the team for some other reason in the near future.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/ca ... umor-mill/

If it's really about money and not about control,etc. I don't get why not just pay the dude $2-2.5 mil more. He's turned around the franchise and is a good coach.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":2nkgfxl0 said:
hehe

If Harbaugh can turn the Niners into contenders from middling scrubs like he did in one off-season, you best believe the opposite can happen under the right circumstances.

8)

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
I asked 3 weeks ago when I heard the Browns/Harbaugh rumor, high-ranking 49ers source said "not that I'm aware of" but left open ...

... that some discussion could've happened through back channels.

This one has been ruminating for a while. The price tag connected to that rumor for Harbaugh was a heavy one.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1h59mkec said:
Marvin49":1h59mkec said:
hehe

If Harbaugh can turn the Niners into contenders from middling scrubs like he did in one off-season, you best believe the opposite can happen under the right circumstances.

8)

lol.

Thats not what I meant.

What I'm saying is that most of the peeps on here who are talking about the niners crumbling are HOPING for it more than EXPECTING it. My response was to Scottemojos comment

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Marvin49":2a01ktc6 said:
-The Glove-":2a01ktc6 said:
Marvin49":2a01ktc6 said:
SeahawksFanForever":2a01ktc6 said:
Jed York ‏@JedYork

CEO of 49ers

That was ONE tweet from someone I've never heard of. I remember Harbaugh was supposedly in an airport in Miami three years ago as well.

Pretty sure since all of this stuff is rumors and crap, no one is to be trusted.

Marvin49

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3jgkkwv2 said:
I asked 3 weeks ago when I heard the Browns/Harbaugh rumor, high-ranking 49ers source said "not that I'm aware of" but left open ...

... that some discussion could've happened through back channels.

This one has been ruminating for a while. The price tag connected to that rumor for Harbaugh was a heavy one.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer

I don't doubt that there were conversations on some level...wouldn't you have to consider it if the Browns asked the Seahawks about Carroll for 3 1st round picks?

I just doubt that this ever "almost happened".

Bottom line though, my guess is Harbaugh was looking for leverage on a new deal. Anyone remember how long it took him to decide on SF over Miami?

I'm about 90% certain Harbaugh is about to become the highest paid coach in the NFL...in SF.

Marvin49

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3cqilg8c said:
Marvin49":3cqilg8c said:
-The Glove-":3cqilg8c said:
Marvin49":3cqilg8c said:

Pretty sure since all of this stuff is rumors and crap, no one is to be trusted.

Kinda my point...but a guy in Cleveland trying to make the Cleveland people feel better by using this as an example of how Coaches actually DO want to coach in Cleveland and work for that disfunction makes me really doubt the validity of the source.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Marvin49":owqjv0q2 said:
lol

ProFootballTalk‏@ProFootballTalk·29 mins
@RapSheet . . . Why won't they deny it on the record? Because they can't.

Jed York‏@JedYork·1 min

"If you like your 49ers head coach, you can keep your 49ers head coach." - Jed York.

Personally I hope he stays. Leave the dysfunction (at whatever level it is) perfectly in place. Far better than to see them get a fresh start with a crap-ton of high draft picks to go with it.

And for the record, we all wanted to deny the dysfunction that was happening in Holmgren's last couple of seasons here. We understand perfectly why you don't want to see the 49ers turn into the 2008-2009 Seahawks over the next couple of years.

JimmyB3

Reaction score
Marvin49":sllzmghx said:
I'm about 90% certain Harbaugh is about to become the highest paid coach in the NFL...in SF.

Not without him getting a lot more power on personnel decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.