HOLY *** WE'RE IN THE SUPER BOWL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JonRud

Reaction score
sorry couldn't help myself.

back to work.

nanomoz

Reaction score
It's juuuuuuuuuust sinking in for me, too.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
LOL! I swear to God I thought of posting this very post this morning.

HELL YES!!!!! SO CLOSE!!!! LET'S GET OUR FIRST RING BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I can't get enough. I am reading every article I can, watching every video I can...and then repeating them.

I just can't get enough.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I remember that feeling of euphoria starting from the middle of the 3rd quarter against the Panthers eight years ago. I rode that high for two full weeks. This year? I'm not feeling it.

Obviously, it's not because I'm not happy we're in the Big Dance. I'm happy and thrilled. Honestly! I'm with HawkFan72, reading all the articles and watching all the videos, and enjoying them a lot. But no feelings of euphoria.

It's also not because it hasn't sunk in yet.

So why no high? I'm not entirely sure. But I think it's because on a lot of levels, I knew we were going to be here, and fully expected we were going to be here. So this is just the way it's supposed to be.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it will hit me in a few days. Maybe when I start seeing interviews of our guys in New Jersey, maybe it will suddenly overwhelm me. I don't know. I kinda expect to start feeling it the night before kickoff.

One thing is certain, I am not going to try to create that feeling in me. This inner calm has worked for me this whole season. And just in case it has worked for the team also (like the Bud Light ice skating music), I'm not changing a thing.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Wait.... when did that happen?

oh yeah.

right.... about.... here!

sherman-tip.jpg

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Thought about posting this myself!

WOOHOOOO!!! We made it, TOP DOG wire to wire in the NFC!

86Hawk

Reaction score
Anybody else think it might be a good thing the media is slobbering over Denver. I feel it's just putting a giant chip on our shoulder. SUPER BOWL!

BlueTalons

Reaction score
BlueTalon":uhb60aln said:
I remember that feeling of euphoria starting from the middle of the 3rd quarter against the Panthers eight years ago. I rode that high for two full weeks. This year? I'm not feeling it.

Obviously, it's not because I'm not happy we're in the Big Dance. I'm happy and thrilled. Honestly! I'm with HawkFan72, reading all the articles and watching all the videos, and enjoying them a lot. But no feelings of euphoria.

So why no high? I'm not entirely sure. But I think it's because on a lot of levels, I knew we were going to be here, and fully expected we were going to be here. So this is just the way it's supposed to be.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it will hit me in a few days. Maybe when I start seeing interviews of our guys in New Jersey, maybe it will suddenly overwhelm me. I don't know. I kinda expect to start feeling it the night before kickoff.

One thing is certain, I am not going to try to create that feeling in me. This inner calm has worked for me this whole season. And just in case it has worked for the team also (like the Bud Light ice skating music), I'm not changing a thing.
Maybe you have taken on the personality of this team: "Every game is championship opportunity", "Act like you've been there before", "Go 1-0 this week", "Treating it as just another game"

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
It only took the whole year and 18 games played for everyone to get on board and fully respect this team without all the hand wringing and animosity.

There you go .Net ... THE SKY DIDN'T FALL

We in da Melon Farming, SUPERBOWL!

"M"elon "F"arming = Think of any rated R, Samuel Jackson movie and then edit it for TV viewing.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":39qoynn0 said:
It only took the whole year and 18 games played for everyone to get on board and fully respect this team without all the hand wringing and animosity.

There you go .Net ... THE SKY DIDN'T FALL

We in da Melon Farming, SUPERBOWL!

"M"elon "F"arming = Think of any rated R, Samuel Jackson movie and then edit it for TV viewing.

Yippee-kay-ayyyy, monkey-fighter.

Tical21

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1rhc4syu said:

I'm kinda with ya. I'm still jacked of course, but nothing will ever quite be like the first time.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Thank you, John Schneider and his staff who worked to assemble this Championship team
Thank you, Pete Carroll and the rest of the coaching staff
Thank you, Paul Allen
Thank you, Russell Wilson
Thank you, all other NFL teams for believing Russell Wilson to be too short
Thank you, Marshawn Lynch, Skittles, and the rest of the underrated offensive personnel who are all "In"
Thank you, Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor - and the rest of the L.O.B. (Possibly the best D backfield in the history of the game)
Thank you, #1 Defense!!! (Defense wins Championships)
Thank you, to the excellent Special Teams unit
Thank you... O Line and D Line (Games are won and lost in the trenches)
Thank you, to the 12th man Best Home Field Advantage in the NFL

(And a personal "Thank You" to DrDiags, for the draft contest prize tickets to the Minnesota Vikings game in November.
A cherished memory and privilege to travel from Florida to attend together with one of my teen sons'
for his first ever NFL game fittingly in the greatest NFL venue during a Super Bowl season.)

Not ashamed to admit that I have shed tears of joy.

Go Hawks... Team of the Century!!!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
It still hasn't hit me yet... I feel like I should be more excited, more giddy. Maybe its because I haven't had the time to watch much SB coverage. Or quite possibly I have adopted the mentality of the team of staying even-keeled. 1-0 every week. Let's go!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think many of us have taken on the persona of the team. It's a business trip. We haven't accomplished all of our goals yet. We need to go 1-0 a week from Sunday. Once we win, THEN I think we will all collectively go ape shit.

Until then? It's all business.

Latest posts