How close are the Seahawks to a Superbowl run?

Rainger

Reaction score
Yup and Bellicheat has been special since he lost tom brady. Pete made his mistake sticking with ME3 . He has fixed that and onward and upward . They will get past your magical second round this year.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I think lots of folks are seriously underestimating the trajectory of Geno Smith and how this man will respond to being valued. He played one season and made the pro-bowl. The offense looks pretty damn dynamic right now. I'm not seeing what y'all are seeing in terms of doubts. Geno has a beautiful mindset, I think he's going to work, and keep improving like he always has.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I was commenting the premise of trying to go through that "what ifs" of if only X happens we win the game! The reality of the situation is that every team in the NFL has those small what if situations that if they had gone another way a L would be turned into a W. The truth of the matter though is it goes the other way as well.

The truth of the matter is we don't know how to judge the Seahawks team. Once again, there is going to be a lot of youth and inexperience. Most of the vets we brought in are stop gaps, for the record I think a lot of them were good acquisitions as they gave us a lot of freedom in the draft.

I think we're going to make the playoffs, but I still don't think this team is where it needs to be to be truly competitive for a Super Bowl. Even when we nailed most of our draft picks back in 2010, 2011 and 2012, it still took the Seahawks until 2013 to really be competitive.

The reality of the situation as well is we're going to be relying on a lot of rookie players as well. Those are always unknown variables. Our draft was great, fantastic on paper, but sometimes even that stuff doesn't play out.

The Seahawks have a lot of potential due to some of the young talent they brought in the last few years, but they also still have some holes. For example, our D-Line is still largely a patchwork job.

I do largely agree. I also agree, and I suppose that most others would, that if you hit > 33% success rate with draft picks you're doing well. So, yes I agree from that perspective. I wasn't really talking about divining 'this year' in my comments - although I completely agree with your DLine concerns (I hope there's still something coming!).

My point was that last year was a bit 'bent'. Further, my point was that just on paper with some of the additions this offseason, LOTS of things should compare very well to last year - and in fact, to some direct metrics (like time of possession) that should be MUCH better this year.

The one wildcard that no one is really talking about for this year (actually 2 wildcards) - Pete was surprised to get his team control back from assface last year. This year is not a surprise, and PC is flexing his muscles - for the good IMO. The other that I've mentioned: This ain't Geno's first rodeo this year - and with new shiny wide receiver toys - the sky's the limit - particularly if PC can let Waldron call his own game.

Last year wasn't just a Blair Walsh missed FG in OT for a playoff loss - is was a fundamentally busted season. The ghost of assface in the cap, and a succession of 'never happen' things and personnel that I don't think will be repeated. Please, Munich cannot be repeated! THAT was more of what I was alluding to - more that last season was so broken, and 'whatever' we do this year is just going to be better than that - and the first 1/2 of last year kicked ass.

I don't 100% THINK that we're superbowl contenders - I just would absolutely not be surprised. Just getting out of the NFC (meh Philly) is easier this year with Brady and Rodgers gone.

Anyhow - it wouldn't surprise me. Nice thoughts though in your post.

Hawk4life

Reaction score
I think lots of folks are seriously underestimating the trajectory of Geno Smith and how this man will respond to being valued. He played one season and made the pro-bowl. The offense looks
pretty damn dynamic right now. I'm not seeing what y'all are seeing in terms of doubts. Geno has a beautiful mindset, I think he's going to work, and keep improving like he always has.

There is no doubt he has become a better player and he surpassed all my expectations last year, except for one.

Turnovers.

If you just look at his TD/INT ratio by itself it doesn't seem all that bad, hell 30/11 is pretty commendable. But when you add the 9 fumbles, 5 lost, things get a little concerning.

This year was a major improvement when compared to his rookie year; 12/21 INT, 8 fumbles, 4 lost. It is hard to believe that the Jets gave him another year after that.

But really not so much when compared to year 2; 13/13 INT, 8 fumbles, 3 lost.

Geno has has become a more accurate passer but is pretty much the same when caring for the ball.

Last edited:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Not close at all. There will be no Super Bowl run as long as Carroll is still here.
Just like for 7 long years there wasn't one with Me3 either-I get the feeling you
get from a different angle.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
What kind of person would be a fan of another team yet post actively on another team's fan board for years?
Seriously Todd?
We have a few and no I have no issue(s) with them but the point is
they like it here,I guess it says something about their sites ect.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Yes, Jalen is better than Geno. A big part of his game is what he did on the ground. Geno’s issue is going back to college he collapsed in key moments. He also got very lucky not to turn over the ball more than he did.

Geno isn’t a bad QB, but I don’t think you can rely on the guy when the going gets tough. I think he falls squarely on the Cousins, Alex Smith group of QBs.
Jalen has his TO's too
Look back at the SB..I wasn't that impressed

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Without the willingness and ability to adjust based on new data points? That's not consistent, it's at best stubborn.
I've always said that here are two types of people.
1. Those that can't extrapolate based on new data points, and ..

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seriously Todd?

I was implying those who are perpetually cynical, playing the downer roll. Like I can't ever see me feeling the desire nor need to hang out in another team's NFL fan forum and just constantly be grumpy about their team. I am definitely well aware of the quality posters who happen to be fans of other teams who have posted here as long as there has been a .NET.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I was implying those who are perpetually cynical, playing the downer roll. Like I can't ever see me feeling the desire nor need to hang out in another team's NFL fan forum and just constantly be grumpy about their team. I am definitely well aware of the quality posters who happen to be fans of other teams who have posted here as long as there has been a .NET.
Well..... I am a grumpy bastard!!! Lmao!!!

SNDavidson

Reaction score
ATTACH=full]59000[/ATTACH]

There is no doubt he has become a better player and he surpassed all my expectations last year, except for one.

Turnovers.

If you just look at his TD/INT ratio by itself it doesn't seem all that bad, hell 30/11 is pretty commendable. But when you add the 9 fumbles, 5 lost, things get a little concerning.

This year was a major improvement when compared to his rookie year; 12/21 INT, 8 fumbles, 4 lost. It is hard to believe that the Jets gave him another year after that.

But really not so much when compared to year 2; 13/13 INT, 8 fumbles, 3 lost.

Geno has has become a more accurate passer but is pretty much the same when caring for the ball.

I like that this argument will be settled in the coming season. Geno and the "turnover worthiness" of throws. Were they picked? This means the guy is riding the lightning, splitting hairs, living on the edge of glory. The offense is going to go off pretty damn hard in a few months, Geno will be leading that.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I like that this argument will be settled in the coming season. Geno and the "turnover worthiness" of throws. Were they picked? This means the guy is riding the lightning, splitting hairs, living on the edge of glory. The offense is going to go off pretty damn hard in a few months, Geno will be leading that.
Let's hope. If he can cut down on the turnovers, and become clutch with the game on the line, the team can get to the next level. Fingers crossed. Will be a very interesting season for sure.

Fade

Reaction score
The NFC being a dumpster fire makes things very interesting. They are kinda top 4 by default in the conference.

Clint Hurtt is currently the weakest link, and what gives me the most hesitation.

JS has done an amazing job over the last 2 years, along with Geno being a top 8 QB instantly in the NFL, speeding up a 5 year rebuild into a 2 year reload.

They were looking like that team last year midway through the season if people remember, until the defense fell apart with no major injuries. They were figured out and had no answers. I fear that is what will happen again. Until I'm shown otherwise.

They have the talent in a weak conference, if they don't make a run it will be on the defensive coaching staff.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Lolol. No they wont.
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Seriously Todd?
I like this forum very much. I should have joined years ago. I enjoy my Bears forum, too, but has fewer active members, so is redundant sometimes.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I have to say it all depends on Geno. If he can be a clutch performer, our team can win this year or the next.
We have the necessary makeup with a strong OL, good receivers and RB's, adequate front seven and a potentially great secondary.
So it comes down to Geno and coaching.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think lots of folks are seriously underestimating the trajectory of Geno Smith and how this man will respond to being valued. He played one season and made the pro-bowl. The offense looks pretty damn dynamic right now. I'm not seeing what y'all are seeing in terms of doubts. Geno has a beautiful mindset, I think he's going to work, and keep improving like he always has.

Amen! I think we have the team to make a run at the Superb Owl now.

I suspect that this team will start out slow as the Defense gets their legs under them, and the rookies start to gel, and then they'll make a huge jump, finishing strong. Much like Pete's teams do every year. :ninja:

Latest posts