How long before we ruin our frachise QB??

How much longer before we ruin our QB with poor oline play given the current level of play?

• 1) It has already happened.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • 2) By the end of this season.

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • 3) 2-3 more seasons at this rate.

Votes: 19 15.7%
  • 4) 4+ seasons.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 5) Not going to happen, he is too resilient.

Votes: 43 35.5%

• Total voters

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":3496oszb said:
Sgt. Largent":3496oszb said:
Seymour":3496oszb said:
It would be unfair to cite those hits, and not acknowledge the amount of times he escapes so many others like very few can.

Anthony cited Russell routinely leading the league in getting hit, so I was explaining that it's not all on the line.

Also not unique to Russell, all good QB's sacrifice getting hit if it means making plays. Talk to Steeler, Giant, Charger, Saints, etc fans.........and they'll all say that their QB also holds onto the ball too long and takes too many hits.

I hear that. I'm just saying in the end I think you do not use that to give the line a break on being critical of them because Wilson actually helps them more than he hurts them with his long scramble sacks.
AND sensational plays born of many of those scrambles. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":16utusvx said:
........When it comes to the O-line, I blame Pete and John for their unsuccessful O-line philosophy and unrealistic expectations of Cable working miracles with garbage. Cable certainly has input into who we draft and acquire, but the buck stops at Pete and John.

Why are they absolved and everyone just wants Bevell and Cable's head?

Ohhh how things can change in 1 year!! Thank God (and Solari) our QB is resilient and is bouncing back!!

Still feel Cable is not the problem??

Where did "you vote" 1 year ago?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":3b1dorps said:
Sgt. Largent":3b1dorps said:
........When it comes to the O-line, I blame Pete and John for their unsuccessful O-line philosophy and unrealistic expectations of Cable working miracles with garbage. Cable certainly has input into who we draft and acquire, but the buck stops at Pete and John.

Ohhh how things can change in 1 year!! Thank God (and Solari) our QB is resilient and is bouncing back!!

How is this wrong?

We should still be blaming Pete and John for their unrealistic expectations of what Cable and Bevell could do with garbage linemen and failed philosophies, schemes and techniques............and not firing them sooner.

My entire point is in pro sports you should always be holding the people with the most power accountable, and no one here has more power than Pete. So when fans hyper focus their blame on coordinators I want to remind them of who really pulls the strings on this team.

I'm flattered that you took the time to dig up this post though Seymour. I'm blushing.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1i9f10ax said:
Seymour":1i9f10ax said:
Sgt. Largent":1i9f10ax said:

How is this wrong?

We should still be blaming Pete and John for their unrealistic expectations of what Cable and Bevell could do with garbage linemen and failed philosophies, schemes and techniques............and not firing them sooner.

My entire point is in pro sports you should always be holding the people with the most power accountable, and no one here has more power than Pete. So when fans hyper focus their blame on coordinators I want to remind them of who really pulls the strings on this team.

I'm flattered that you took the time to dig up this post though Seymour. I'm blushing.

Do nothing more then just look at this. Where were the Seahawks oline with Cable last year? Where are the Seahawks oline this year with Solari?

Also, where are the Raiders Oline this year with Cable?

Seriously though. If you cannot admit that 75%+ of the problem was Cable, you'll never will get it anyway.

Yes...ultimately it's on Pete, and he was losing my confidence as well because of this.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3sv850p6 said:

Just on that...I was looking up how many voted Wilson was ruined from the saved thread I started a year ago and came across that post. I wasn't just on a mission to call that out....just "looks like" it turned out that way. :irishdrinkers:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":37p11xed said:
Do nothing more then just look at this. Where were the Seahawks oline with Cable last year? Where are the Seahawks oline this year with Solari?.

For sure Solari is doing much better than Cable did, but personnel is also way different.

You also have to see that we have a healthy Brown, Fluker and Sweezy instead of a gimpy Brown, Pocic, Oboushi and Joeckel.

Also a healthy stable of RB's all playing really well.

My point is it ALL matters, and not just hey it's all on Bevell, or it's all on Cable. It all matters. If we're splitting hairs on blame I'd put Pete #1, then Cable, then the players.

Let's not dwell on last year though, let's just agree that our offense is in a MUCH better place now. Holy crap dude, we finally have a good line! Did you ever think we'd say that again?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's a trip, I'm still in shock watching this line. When they put Fluker and Sweezy at guards, it was immediately better. Turns out the Fluker pick up was damn good. And you gotta' love the guy, he's so fired up out there.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1yqz8nq1 said:
Seymour":1yqz8nq1 said:
Do nothing more then just look at this. Where were the Seahawks oline with Cable last year? Where are the Seahawks oline this year with Solari?.

For sure Solari is doing much better than Cable did, but personnel is also way different.

You also have to see that we have a healthy Brown, Fluker and Sweezy instead of a gimpy Brown, Pocic, Oboushi and Joeckel.

Also a healthy stable of RB's all playing really well.

My point is it ALL matters, and not just hey it's all on Bevell, or it's all on Cable. It all matters. If we're splitting hairs on blame I'd put Pete #1, then Cable, then the players.

Let's not dwell on last year though, let's just agree that our offense is in a MUCH better place now. Holy crap dude, we finally have a good line! Did you ever think we'd say that again?

I honestly didn't....but hope emerged once Cable was fired. They need to try to sign Sweezy and Fluker to deals (fast) that should still be bargains considering what we've gone through to get where they are today! Those 2 additions cost less than 1/2 of what Joeckel alone cost last year. Let that sink in for a moment.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1pqnw498 said:
I honestly didn't....but hope emerged once Cable was fired. They need to try to sign Sweezy and Fluker to deals (fast) that should still be bargains considering what we've gone through to get where they are today! Those 2 additions cost less than 1/2 of what Joeckel alone cost last year. Let that sink in for a moment.

Scary.

If I was Fluker's agent I'd tell him to wait until the off season, I bet there's a big market now for Fluker now that coaches and GM's are watching him steamroll fools every week for us playing guard.

But IMO Fluker seems to like it here, LOVES what we do on offense allowing him to be the physical road grating monster that he is......and would probably take a 2-3 year extension now, rather than wait.

I can't see there being a huge market for Sweezy, he failed elsewhere and my guess is most GM's see him as a Carroll guy that needs to be here. So I think we could lock him up on a one year deal again for more money in the off season.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1z78pplk said:
Seymour":1z78pplk said:

Scary.

If I was Fluker's agent I'd tell him to wait until the off season, I bet there's a big market now for Fluker now that coaches and GM's are watching him steamroll fools every week for us playing guard.

But IMO Fluker seems to like it here, LOVES what we do on offense allowing him to be the physical road grating monster that he is......and would probably take a 2-3 year extension now, rather than wait.

I can't see there being a huge market for Sweezy, he failed elsewhere and my guess is most GM's see him as a Carroll guy that needs to be here. So I think we could lock him up on a one year deal again for more money in the off season.

158.3 ask Wilson how much he wants to donate to the O line cause to keep Fluker and the Sweeze!