How long before we ruin our frachise QB??

How much longer before we ruin our QB with poor oline play given the current level of play?

• 1) It has already happened.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • 2) By the end of this season.

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • 3) 2-3 more seasons at this rate.

Votes: 19 15.7%
  • 4) 4+ seasons.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 5) Not going to happen, he is too resilient.

Votes: 43 35.5%

• Total voters

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Seymour":3an2hx8b said:
Now would be a good time to look at this poll again.

Any one of you 38 votes that say Wilson is "already ruined" want to change your vote? You can change it now. :2thumbs:

As a reminder, in post 1 ruined was defined as... "By ruined I mean there no hope of him returning to very near his best years of play."
Perhaps you should be first in line to change your vote rather than childishly calling others out. You were after all the one to raise the question and cast the first vote for "2) By the end of the season." To quote the initial post, "him getting ruined by poor oline play may already be having at least some effect IMO."

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sun Tzu":i0jmagzq said:
Seymour":i0jmagzq said:
Now would be a good time to look at this poll again.

Any one of you 38 votes that say Wilson is "already ruined" want to change your vote? You can change it now. :2thumbs:

As a reminder, in post 1 ruined was defined as... "By ruined I mean there no hope of him returning to very near his best years of play."
Perhaps you should be first in line to change your vote rather than childishly calling others out. You were after all the one to raise the question and cast the first vote for "2) By the end of the season." To quote the initial post, "him getting ruined by poor oline play may already be having at least some effect IMO."

Perhaps you should learn to read English better. That was not my vote. I said 2-3 more years.

Why is it "childish" to see if anyone has changed their mind? You clearly are defensive about something here. Weird post.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good points. It truly feels like some people are mad that they are wrong about Wilson. Even if it hurts the team if they were right? Odd........

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
For those that want to revise history....here was my post on my vote. :roll:

Seymour":1yprkzwb said:
Atradees":1yprkzwb said:
RW is one amazing player. I think we are wasting him. He is too resilient to be damaged goods. I think he needs to be coached up by someone qualified.

Part of me still wants to believe that, and I admit, it was a difficult question to answer. I went 2-3 years, but there are signs IMO of the effects now. No chance was my 2nd choice though, as he always has found a way in the past.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I voted 5 and I still think it was unnecessary to necro this post just to rub dirt.

HawkerD

Reaction score
As much as Pete wants this to be a run first team it isn't going to happen with personnel in place. GIve the ball over to Wilson and lets go to the air.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkerD":1v6t0yzh said:
As much as Pete wants this to be a run first team it isn't going to happen with personnel in place. GIve the ball over to Wilson and lets go to the air.

That's obvious. 3 yards on 17 carriers yesterday.

As far as "ruining" Russell, ain't gonna happen. He's too mentally and physically tough to ever quit, as he showed us last year.

I also think there's a misnomer going on here that Hawk fans need to realize, Russell getting hammered 33% of the time is not unique to us. Just ask Aaron Rodgers, just ask every other QB in the league that's not named Tom Brady who gets the ball out in under 2 seconds on 90% of his dropbacks.

Our line stinks, but it's also part of Russell's toughness and makeup to hold onto the ball, run around and make plays. The downside of that is he gets hit, A LOT.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2g05tomn said:
I voted 5 and I still think it was unnecessary to necro this post just to rub dirt.

So our QB playing well is rubbing in dirt?

Thanks for the warning. :roll:

People can be really weird. This is a valid topic. I clearly posted this was a difficult question to answer. I want to know if people have given up on our QB, and NOW if they changed their minds.

Please show me where I rubbed this in?

Get over it.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2cgmc14p said:
HawkerD":2cgmc14p said:

As far as "ruining" Russell, ain't gonna happen. He's too mentally and physically tough to ever quit, as he showed us last year.

I also think there's a misnomer going on here that Hawk fans need to realize, Russell getting hammered 33% of the time is not unique to us. Just ask Aaron Rodgers, just ask every other QB in the league that's not named Tom Brady who gets the ball out in under 2 seconds on 90% of his dropbacks.

Our line stinks, but it's also part of Russell's toughness and makeup to hold onto the ball, run around and make plays. The downside of that is he gets hit, A LOT.

Kind of agree except Wilson has been the most hit, hurried and sacked QB in the league since 2012, and it is not close. Its one thing to have a year like that as Brady and others may have had, but every year you have been in the league, that is well wrong

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Anthony!":3cvwpy49 said:
Sgt. Largent":3cvwpy49 said:
HawkerD":3cvwpy49 said:

Kind of agree except Wilson has been the most hit, hurried and sacked QB in the league since 2012, and it is not close. Its one thing to have a year like that as Brady and others may have had, but every year you have been in the league, that is well wrong

For sure, but how many of those league leading hits are on Russell for holding onto the ball too long, or just long enough for his WR's to come open............or because he ran around for 8 seconds before getting hammered?

Again, I know our line stinks. But this idea that we're "ruining" Russell is crazy. Guys who are wired like Russell don't get ruined. He's tough as hell, physically and mentally........and he knows how to slide and take a hit.

That all spells longevity in this league. He's not RG3 who didn't know how to take a hit, or soft like Cutler or Romo who just quits cause they can't take it anymore.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":q6db6fmt said:
HawkerD":q6db6fmt said:

As a guy who loves Aaron Rodgers, I disagree with one point. Rodgers holds onto the ball more. The difference is, Russell has been the most pressured under 3 seconds since 2012

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":24sjuroa said:
Anthony!":24sjuroa said:
Sgt. Largent":24sjuroa said:
HawkerD":24sjuroa said:

For sure, but how many of those league leading hits are on Russell for holding onto the ball too long, or just long enough for his WR's to come open............or because he ran around for 8 seconds before getting hammered?

Again, I know our line stinks. But this idea that we're "ruining" Russell is crazy. Guys who are wired like Russell don't get ruined. He's tough as hell, physically and mentally........and he knows how to slide and take a hit.

That all spells longevity in this league. He's not RG3 who didn't know how to take a hit, or soft like Cutler or Romo who just quits cause they can't take it anymore.

It would be unfair to cite those hits, and not acknowledge the amount of times he escapes so many others like very few can.
Most of the rest I agree with.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":3ljz5fjn said:
It would be unfair to cite those hits, and not acknowledge the amount of times he escapes so many others like very few can.

Anthony cited Russell routinely leading the league in getting hit, so I was explaining that it's not all on the line.

Also not unique to Russell, all good QB's sacrifice getting hit if it means making plays. Talk to Steeler, Giant, Charger, Saints, etc fans.........and they'll all say that their QB also holds onto the ball too long and takes too many hits.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":4nof3sde said:
Seymour":4nof3sde said:

Anthony cited Russell routinely leading the league in getting hit, so I was explaining that it's not all on the line.

Also not unique to Russell, all good QB's sacrifice getting hit if it means making plays. Talk to Steeler, Giant, Charger, Saints, etc fans.........and they'll all say that their QB also holds onto the ball too long and takes too many hits.

I hear that. I'm just saying in the end I think you do not use that to give the line a break on being critical of them because Wilson actually helps them more than he hurts them with his long scramble sacks.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":20xe4on5 said:
Anthony!":20xe4on5 said:
Sgt. Largent":20xe4on5 said:
HawkerD":20xe4on5 said:

and how many hits, sacks or hurries has Rw said with running around, etc. Also, let me make it even simpler he has lead the league in pressures, hits, and sacks in under 2 seconds since 2012, that has nothing to do with anything Rw does, that is all ineptitude by the oline and again is just wrong.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Anthony!":3ljn3eih said:
and how many hits, sacks or hurries has Rw said with running around, etc. Also, let me make it even simpler he has lead the league in pressures, hits, and sacks in under 2 seconds since 2012, that has nothing to do with anything Rw does, that is all ineptitude by the oline and again is just wrong.

Pretty much what I'm saying too.

Where did you find this under 2 seconds pressure leading stats?

You will get through to more people if you can post that info to be seen and not blown off like people will often do.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1gbs0lcr said:
Sgt. Largent":1gbs0lcr said:
Seymour":1gbs0lcr said:

I hear that. I'm just saying in the end I think you do not use that to give the line a break on being critical of them because Wilson actually helps them more than he hurts them with his long scramble sacks.

I said our line stinks in two of my past three posts.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seymour":17qkx9ex said:
Anthony!":17qkx9ex said:

Pretty much what I'm saying too.

Where did you find this under 2 seconds pressure leading stats?

You will get through to more people if you can post that info to be seen and not blown off like people will often do.

It was posted during the Giants game, right on air

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":2sbd45f8 said:
MontanaHawk05":2sbd45f8 said:

So our QB playing well is rubbing in dirt?

Thanks for the warning. :roll:

People can be really weird. This is a valid topic. I clearly posted this was a difficult question to answer. I want to know if people have given up on our QB, and NOW if they changed their minds.

Please show me where I rubbed this in?

Get over it.
I for one am glad that you brought this thread back up....I like the positivity in the discussions.
I can always find something else to be bummed out about LOL

Latest posts