How Many More Super Bowl Championships...

How many more Seahawks Super Bowl Championships do you expect to see in your lifetime?

• None. I'm a natural born cynic.

Votes: 13 8.2%

Votes: 18 11.4%

Votes: 66 41.8%

Votes: 24 15.2%
  • 4 or more. Take that natural born cynic.

Votes: 37 23.4%

• Total voters

TheHawkster

Reaction score
All of 'em!
We're winning all the games that haven't been played yet.
That's just the way I think.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
I'm 66 years old, have had 6 heart attacks, have diabetes and some old metal in my body from a war 45 years ago...so I went conservative at 3.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
By the time my life expectancy arrives, the league will be twice as old as it is now. So it's not unreasonable to expect 4.

A better question might have been, how many more championships do I expect in the Russell Wilson era. I'd say three because he needs to at least match Brady.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
BadgerVid":3phko5kz said:
I'm 66 years old, have had 6 heart attacks, have diabetes and some old metal in my body from a war 45 years ago...so I went conservative at 3.

Thread winner.

AVL

Reaction score
3 I'm old, but I think the game dries up due to concussion litigation.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
I'm thinking in terms of a hockey dynasty like Edmonton Oilers, 5 Championships in 7 years. So why not. Just 4 more to go. And I'm just talking about the next 5 or so years.....

12thman.garydrake

Reaction score
I said 3 because we have 1 down already and this team is ready now and foreseeable future. Why not us? 3 should be cake in my life time with a Pete and John build team and im 30 now. Maybe they'll get more in my life time. If youd have asked this question in 2005 itd been a different answer of course.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
None. We had our chance in 49 and blew it.

That's the closest we'll ever see to another championship.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Jerhawk":26amnmtr said:

You and Debbie Downer would make awesome dinner guests.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Aros":8r8cs7cj said:
Jerhawk":8r8cs7cj said:

You and Debbie Downer would make awesome dinner guests.

I'm a natural born cynic

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My vote is 2. I think I will see two more championships before my time is up. Sounds about right.

rjdriver

Reaction score
It takes an absolute perfect storm to win a Super Bowl, which is why the fact that we gave one away is so painful.

I think we get one more and I honestly think it will be this year. However I see many exciting deep playoff runs in the next 3-5 years that I would have died for in the 80's and 90's.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Back to back in 2016 and 2017. Cable takes the team over in 2018 and converts Russell to an OG and everything goes to shit.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Russell Wilson means our window will always be open, even if its just a crack. Realistically I think we should have a very real chance at 1-2 more titles .. just because our supporting cast is still so good. Ideally over the course of the next 10-12 years we rattle off 3 more. That'd be wonderful.

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's impossible to predict all the factors 20 years from now, so I went with 2. Which is solidly in the middle. Always a safe pick.

NINEster

Reaction score
BlueTalon":3qo7el81 said:
We're going to get to six before the 49ers do.

The Steelers, Cowboys, and 49ers each have 6, 5, 5 Lombardis...

Super Bowl Records:

Steelers: 6-2
49ers: 5-1
Cowboys: 5-3

Have played in an average of *15* conference title games each....give or take a game.

Just some unbiased real world statistics.

The Packers and Giants have accumulated 4 Lombardis at far quicker rate than those 3 above, but still searching for just the 5th...let alone 6th.

The Giants are 5-0 in NFC Championship games, and 4-1 in Super Bowls.

The possibility exists for Seattle to maybe repeat that given they are 3-0 in NFC Championship games.

At the same time, those 3 teams listed at the top were dynasties accumulating those Lombardis mostly in the non salary cap/non free agency era. The amount of hall of famers they each possessed were off the charts. Pittsburgh won 4 in 6 seasons, 49ers won 4 in 9 seasons, Cowboys won 2 in 7 seasons, then won 3 out of 4 in the '90s.

The Giants 5-0 in conference title games is such an anomaly when you factor they were only really a dominant team record wise for two of those visits (1986 and 1990). They've largely been above average at best the remainder of these seasons the last 30 years or so. They've personified the "hot team" more than any other I can think of, but when they're not hot, they're almost completely off the radar. The Coughlin era won 6 playoff games in order to win 2 super bowls but only won one other playoff game in his 11 year tenure outside of those runs. Parcells era is pretty similar.

Huge road ahead for any team less than 4, to get to 6.

Still a big road for the 49ers and Cowboys. A single Lombardi whether it's your first or 6th is/was/will always be a big deal. 49ers still the only team to go 5-0 in Super Bowls....so the loss to Baltimore could be considered "expected" based on the numbers.

Look at New England with the Belichick/Brady combo....still not yet at 5. If they hit that, they'll be lucky. 6 is almost a sure thing not to happen for them.

Once that combo goes, New England will be a JAG team like many in this league.

How many more years you have of PC/JS/RW? (I actually said RW and not the defense, hehe).

BTW, defense wins championships.....but dynasties all had monster offenses with very good (good enough) defenses. All of the ultra defenses were short lived wonders ....'85 Bears, '00 Ravens....

HansGruber

Reaction score
We'll win 2-3 more with Russell and Pete.

The competitive advantage that Seattle enjoys is our owner. The biggest challenge long-term for the Seahawks will be the post-Allen transition, and ensuring our team continues to have great ownership.

I still see 4+ SuperBowls in my lifetime, easily. Maybe more. I think after Russ and Pete, we will see another great coach and another great team who should be able to win a couple as well.