How Many More Super Bowl Championships...

How many more Seahawks Super Bowl Championships do you expect to see in your lifetime?

• None. I'm a natural born cynic.

Votes: 13 8.2%

Votes: 18 11.4%

Votes: 66 41.8%

Votes: 24 15.2%
  • 4 or more. Take that natural born cynic.

Votes: 37 23.4%

• Total voters

tacomahawk

Reaction score
I voted for 2, but I am getting up there in age. I am still hoping to see my Beavs in the Rose Bowl some day :(

raisethe3

Reaction score
I'd say 2 more in my lifetime. But wouldn't mind them winning more.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
NINEster":9dn5k33m said:
BTW, defense wins championships.....but dynasties all had monster offenses with very good (good enough) defenses. All of the ultra defenses were short lived wonders ....'85 Bears, '00 Ravens....
Four years running with the top scoring defense in the league, and we are going to be significantly better this year than last year. I like our chances.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
drdiags":1o296a9c said:
MizzouHawkGal":1o296a9c said:
drdiags":1o296a9c said:
I figure optimistically, if nothing cuts my life short other than old age, I should have about 20 more before it is dirt nap time. I voted "none" because I am a cynic.
I've always been curious why you are so cynical gIven your profession. Even though you guys drive me crazy in my job given how lazy and stupid you seem to be concerning Medicare paperwork. 8)

Ha ha. Remember my username was a play on Dan Akryod's "Doctor Detroit". Not a real Dr, just stayed at a Holiday Inn. :thirishdrinkers:

S/W Developer, though I am sure we could screw up some application you might use on your computer.
My bad. But if you're personally responsible for a stupid .DOS application I'm forced to use you and I will have words. I really thought you were a doctor for some reason. I apologize for insulting you like that.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":70jl0ne8 said:
By the time my life expectancy arrives, the league will be twice as old as it is now. So it's not unreasonable to expect 4.

A better question might have been, how many more championships do I expect in the Russell Wilson era. I'd say three because he needs to at least match Brady.
He will just believe. The man is nails and already has proven he can do the 4000 yards 40 TD 10 INT thing before his 5th year. Yeah the year real quarterbacks take a quantum step in the elevation of their game. Hell even Andy Dalton did it.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3b18bql9 said:
Russell Wilson means our window will always be open, even if its just a crack. Realistically I think we should have a very real chance at 1-2 more titles .. just because our supporting cast is still so good. Ideally over the course of the next 10-12 years we rattle off 3 more. That'd be wonderful.
You're correct but like I said upthread I believe he at least matches whatever Brady does. He's just physically better and has the very same level of desire, drive and intelligence. The only thing Brady has that Wilson doesn't is experiemce and the wisdom that comes with it. But that is coming with a bullet. And I trust Paul Allen won't settle for less than the best available after Pete goes off into the sunset.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I'm 37 and I answered two. That would mean I get to see three in my lifetime which is quite good. I bet this current FO/QB -combo gets atleast one more, and maybe in my dying bed I get to see one more...

drdiags

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3649rses said:
My bad. But if you're personally responsible for a stupid .DOS application I'm forced to use you and I will have words. I really thought you were a doctor for some reason. I apologize for insulting you like that.

No problem. Quick (I hope) history on my username.

Worked for Boeing's Flight Controls Research as an Electronic Tech maintaining simulation H/W for the various Boeing airplanes (up to 777). Many in the group were ex-Military and a couple of old farts (think Lymon) were the group's old jokers. I left the team to develop diagnostics s/w that this same team would use to troubleshoot and calibrate next-generation Boeing built embedded controllers, D/A sensors, VME-base I/O boards etc.

These same two jokers gave me the nickname "Dr Diags" since they are jokers, as a play on the movie "Doctor Detroit". This was back in 1990 and I have used that as my internet username every since.

Most of my development until recently was on Motorola (now Freescale) 64-bit processors, MIPS, ARM. x86/Linux is now my current world but most likely not in time to be the dolt that wrote your lovely DOS app. :th2thumbs:

kearly

Reaction score
It really depends on Pete's longevity. If he coaches until Wilson retires (which would make him the oldest coach in NFL history by a mile), then I think a 80's/90's 49ers type run is reasonable optimism. Maybe I'm crazy but I could definitely see Pete doing it. He doesn't get burned out on the game like other coaches do.

Laloosh

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":hb6dgmte said:
My lifetime? Who knows. But I believe we'll win 2 more within the next 4 seasons, including this one. After that, it's all gravy.

After XLVIII, everything's gravy in my book.

Msfann

Reaction score
I expect to see 3 in the next 5 years.