Huskies 2016 Schedule

jkitsune

Reaction score
Why do people hate the Friday Apple Cup? Is it because you're working, or because you want to be out shopping? I like that it's nationally-televised, or else I might not be able to get it. Also, with WSU and UW both looking interesting for next year, could be good exposure for both teams.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
jkitsune":35klw4gm said:
Why do people hate the Friday Apple Cup? Is it because you're working, or because you want to be out shopping? I like that it's nationally-televised, or else I might not be able to get it. Also, with WSU and UW both looking interesting for next year, could be good exposure for both teams.

Well for anyone who lives or spends Thanksgiving west of the mountains, getting to Pullman in time for the game without completely skipping the holiday can be challenge, especially if the game is at noon like it was in 2012.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1wdlrrtz said:
Seahawks1983":1wdlrrtz said:
SeatownJay":1wdlrrtz said:
Yes, because having the Apple Cup televised on National Network TV at a time when a large number of people are off work is punishment.

Are you really arguing that a Saturday time slot isn't better than a Friday time slot on the busiest shopping day of the year?
No, I'm arguing that a nationally televised game isn't punishment.

Every single game involving a Pac 12 team is available to a national audience.

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Can't find the tweet. But Danny O'Neil, who's a STH, said he tried booking a room at the Marietta for that weekend and they were all sold out already.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":iayx2x6s said:
Can't find the tweet. But Danny O'Neil, who's a STH, said he tried booking a room at the Marietta for that weekend and they were all sold out already.

Hotels in Pullman typically sell out a year ahead of time for games, with the exception of the ones that don't take reservations until the spring.