Huskies Playoffs or Rose Bowl poll

mrblitz

Reaction score
not only would i prefer to see the huskies in the 'final 4', it would be great to see them get another shot at usc along the way (is that even possible at this point?).

take the hard road. it's football. more difficult the path, the greater the potential reward.

huskies get into the rose bowl and it's a big 'meh'. it's not the rose bowl of 40-50 years ago. there's no prestige in that game any more.

sutz

Reaction score
mrblitz":3vc9hii7 said:
not only would i prefer to see the huskies in the 'final 4', it would be great to see them get another shot at usc along the way (is that even possible at this point?).

take the hard road. it's football. more difficult the path, the greater the potential reward.

huskies get into the rose bowl and it's a big 'meh'. it's not the rose bowl of 40-50 years ago. there's no prestige in that game any more.
Even in its heydey, the Rose Bowl seldom if ever decided the national champion. I'm all in for going after the Nat champ. It's the best Dawgs team in a very long time. Swing for the fences.

:2thumbs:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
mrblitz":2k0dm2sz said:

If UW beats WSU this weekend they will play either Colorado or USC in the pac 12 title game. If Colorado beats Utah they will be the south representative. If Utah beats Colorado then USC will win the south.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2k7tu6vs said:
WmHBonney":2k7tu6vs said:
Wenhawk":2k7tu6vs said:
If Ohio St beats michigan, Penn St will actually be the team headed to the Big 10 Conference Championship.

A 2 loss Penn St vs a 2 loss Wisconsin, would the winner make the playoffs over a 1 loss Ohio St, Washington, or Clemson?

Yes. Or else the BIG 10 title game means nothing. I think in this scenario, you see 2 Big 10 teams in the playoffs. It would be Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St and the Big 10 champ.
If conference championships are supposed to be so meaningful then explain how the committee could leave out a 12-1 conference champion in Washington in favor of an 11-1 Ohio State that didn't even play for their conference championship?

Ohio St is currently #2. Beat Michigan and they are NOT going to fall to #5. IF...and it's a BIG if, PSU wins out, including a win over Wisconsin in the BIG 10 title game, there is no way the committee can justify leaving them out since they have a win over Ohio St also. Does UW have a win against a playoff team?

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3l1ykelw said:
And yes, I would rather have the Huskies be in the playoffs than the Rose Bowl. Saying otherwise is like saying you'd rather have your college basketball team be in the NIT.
More like facing the #1 seed Kentucky team you know will beat you 75-40 first round. If I knew they would take home the NIT trophy or get smashed I range the trophy.

I am sure the kids and coaches want the chance at a championship. I guess I just don't believe we can hold our own with Bama. I'm all for being the #2 or #3 seed. I think we can hang with Clemson, Michigan, and Ohio St. in Phoenix.

Bama in Atlanta week basically be like a home game for them and we just don't have the front 7 to hold up on D.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Vpk0718

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2sn9n31r said:
SeatownJay":2sn9n31r said:
WmHBonney":2sn9n31r said:
Wenhawk":2sn9n31r said:
If Ohio St beats michigan, Penn St will actually be the team headed to the Big 10 Conference Championship.

A 2 loss Penn St vs a 2 loss Wisconsin, would the winner make the playoffs over a 1 loss Ohio St, Washington, or Clemson?

Yes. Or else the BIG 10 title game means nothing. I think in this scenario, you see 2 Big 10 teams in the playoffs. It would be Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St and the Big 10 champ.
If conference championships are supposed to be so meaningful then explain how the committee could leave out a 12-1 conference champion in Washington in favor of an 11-1 Ohio State that didn't even play for their conference championship?

Ohio St is currently #2. Beat Michigan and they are NOT going to fall to #5. IF...and it's a BIG if, PSU wins out, including a win over Wisconsin in the BIG 10 title game, there is no way the committee can justify leaving them out since they have a win over Ohio St also. Does UW have a win against a playoff team?

So the Huskies get punished for winning their conference? A team with the same number of losses that didnt even play in their conference championship gets in over them? Bullshit. If UW wins the Pac 12 and doesnt get in I'm done with college football until things change again.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
What I'm trying to understand is how are quality wins better then bad losses? Uw only lose is to arguably the hottest team in the country, thst is a quality loss, yet Michigan lost to a awful Iowa and the wins they have get a pass?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Ambrose83":11z3hk2z said:
What I'm trying to understand is how are quality wins better then bad losses? Uw only lose is to arguably the hottest team in the country, thst is a quality loss, yet Michigan lost to a awful Iowa and the wins they have get a pass?

If you look now...Clemson at the 4 spot now has just lost a little bit in their ranking IMO. Louisville lost AGAIN and is now 9-3 so both ranked teams they beat in Louisville and FSU have 3 losses and they lost to freaking PITT...PITT!!!!!. The only 2 ranked teams they have played all year are Louisville and FSU

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I saw Auburn just scored 3 against Bama....

Prob wont happen but what would happen if Bama lost today? How would that shake up the rankings? Would they still be number 1 or would the Michigan Ohio St winner be number 1

Crizilla

Reaction score
"I'd rather have the huskies not play for a national championship than play for a national championship"

Go to bed, kiddo.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I think Michigan is OUT. PSU just won the toughest division, in the toughest conference in the country this year. IF they defeat Wisky next week, they will have wins over the current #2 and #5, AND will be the conference champions in the toughest conference in the country. Yes, they had two early season losses when they were literally the walking wounded. They were down to zero healthy linebackers. One of those teams (Pitt) also beat Clemson. The other (Michigan) is a top ten team that lost to TWO teams that PSU defeated. Don't sleep on PSU. They are not the same team that lost to Pitt. Take a good look at their stats for the past 9 weeks. Ohio St has a better resume than UW, especially when you account for wins over ranked opponents. Supposedly, conference championships and head-to-head wins are to be used as tie-breakers between two teams that have comparable resumes. I just don't think UW has a comparable resume to Ohio St. Neither do any of the college football "experts". Anyway....IF Alabama, Clemson and PSU all win conference titles next week, I predict that the PAC12 and BIG12 will be left out of the playoffs. I don't like the system. I think it should be expanded to eight teams. Someone, somewhere, should be able to figure out how to do so. Until then, the math alone will leave at least one Power Five conference out of the playoffs.

Maulbert

Reaction score
How much do you want to bet the committee wants Colorado to beat UW so they can screw over the Pac-12 without kicking up a lot of dust?

BTW, I am a Cougar fan, but I'm rooting for the Huskies in the P12CG and I hope they make the playoff. The only Pac-12 team I never root for is Oregon. Good luck, Huskies! Make the state proud! :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
After what went down this weekend the Huskies should move up to #4. I really hope we can leapfrog over Clemson with a strong Pac-12 championship victory.

Right now I feel like Alabama and Ohio St. are locks for the playoffs.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
WmHBonney":13ht5709 said:
I think Michigan is OUT. PSU just won the toughest division, in the toughest conference in the country this year. IF they defeat Wisky next week, they will have wins over the current #2 and #5, AND will be the conference champions in the toughest conference in the country. Yes, they had two early season losses when they were literally the walking wounded. They were down to zero healthy linebackers. One of those teams (Pitt) also beat Clemson. The other (Michigan) is a top ten team that lost to TWO teams that PSU defeated. Don't sleep on PSU. They are not the same team that lost to Pitt. Take a good look at their stats for the past 9 weeks. Ohio St has a better resume than UW, especially when you account for wins over ranked opponents. Supposedly, conference championships and head-to-head wins are to be used as tie-breakers between two teams that have comparable resumes. I just don't think UW has a comparable resume to Ohio St. Neither do any of the college football "experts". Anyway....IF Alabama, Clemson and PSU all win conference titles next week, I predict that the PAC12 and BIG12 will be left out of the playoffs. I don't like the system. I think it should be expanded to eight teams. Someone, somewhere, should be able to figure out how to do so. Until then, the math alone will leave at least one Power Five conference out of the playoffs.

Why would perfection be required from us while PSU is allowed to lose two games and still make it in.

If this happens, bullshit, utter bullshit, and I'm done giving college football the time of day until playoffs are expanded.

What a joke.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
#4... Peach bowl here we come. Going to be very tough to beat Bama in what will basically be a home game for them. With the way Browning has been playing I don't fell very good about this one. Maybe he can get him arm strength back with some rest.

I beleive coach Peterson will have us ready to compete but the loss of Mathis and Victor are going to show up.