I had a bad thought today...

Hawks46

Reaction score
I definately think that piss poor pass blocking has stunted Wilson's growth in going through his progressions and seeing the entire field, both this season and last season. It's starting to get cumulative. He doesn't trust his blocking even when it's good, and who can blame him ? After a year and a half of this, I'd lose faith too.

On the Harvin subject, the one thing I can't understand (and I don't think the coaches have quite grasped it yet) is that throwing Harvin's speed and acceleration at defenders is going to open things up, but in this era of the NFL, it will result in more penalties. Guys grab Harvin, but they get away with it because it's at the LOS. Similar to RBs blocking, then trying to go out into a route....they get held all the time and it's not called.

Harvin is going to get held. It will get called. It will result in first downs. Right now, that's not even part of our offensive mentality.

Largent80

Reaction score
Did someone not see his game vs. Wash last Monday?

C'Mon Pat, RW is headed to the Hall of Fame, and not just to visit.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawks46":3cmllt1u said:
On the Harvin subject, the one thing I can't understand (and I don't think the coaches have quite grasped it yet) is that throwing Harvin's speed and acceleration at defenders is going to open things up, but in this era of the NFL, it will result in more penalties. Guys grab Harvin, but they get away with it because it's at the LOS. Similar to RBs blocking, then trying to go out into a route....they get held all the time and it's not called.

Harvin is going to get held. It will get called. It will result in first downs. Right now, that's not even part of our offensive mentality.
This is part of why we should always try to go deep throughout a game. Panicking defenders, ESPECIALLY with the new rule emphases in place this year.

Hawks46":3cmllt1u said:
I definately think that piss poor pass blocking has stunted Wilson's growth in going through his progressions and seeing the entire field, both this season and last season. It's starting to get cumulative. He doesn't trust his blocking even when it's good, and who can blame him ? After a year and a half of this, I'd lose faith too.
Not even a thought. It's a guarantee. We are in the midst of Bulgering/Carring/countless-other-good-QB-prospects-ing our QB. The question is, can we fix it before it's too late?

Largent80

Reaction score
Roland, I would say RW has had to do this every year so far, so it isn't breaking him. Look, Dal-ASS played their best game, we played one of our worst as a team and STILL almost won.

Anthony!

Reaction score
rideaducati":1eoipsgu said:
Anthony!":1eoipsgu said:
therealjohncarlson":1eoipsgu said:
storm74":1eoipsgu said:
I'm sorry I can't talk you off a ledge, Wilson is hamstrung by a terrible o-line and a sketchy play caller. He can't be comfortable learning a offense when he is running for his life and improvising.

I really really really want to believe this but what I saw this past Sunday and this season in general is a guy who I see bail out of the pocket and either throw on the run or run for a short gain 90% of the time. Its like something in his head is telling him to do this every single time, even when the pressure isnt there. Its troubling, at least to me

Sorry got to disagree he ahs stood in the pocket many times and taken hits. In fact in the Dallas game. Sometimes when he runs even with a pocket it is to help our WR get open. Standing back there like a statue does not help them at all, and they need the help

He's not getting rid of the ball on time. He doesn't need to stand there like a statue, he just needs to throw the damn ball. He needs to quit bailing out of the pocket twenty yards in the wrong direction too. There are plenty of holes to step up and through, but no, he gets sacked for fifteen yard losses because he gets contained while retreating.

Dude someone has to be open and if you listed to Millan, Huard, MH or seen the all 22 you would know no one is getting open, When he bails there is a reason. FYI he has not been sacked for 15 or more yards yet.

Anthony!

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2iy1naea said:
GeekHawk":2iy1naea said:
In year 1, RW spent the first half of the season learning the speed of the NFL, then (without a thorough grasp of Bevell's offense) we started ripping off 50-point games. Year 2, RW was better at the nuances of Bevell's offensive schemes and plans, and the offense was 'not a huge drag on the defense' which won us a Stuporbowl. In year 3, RW should have a really intimate grasp of the offense, what to run when where and to who(m), and we can't get a first down to save our lives. Is RW a better offensive coordinator than Bevell, while making it up on the fly? Does RW's playground style work better than Bevell's well-thought-out plans and schemes? Somebody talk me off the ledge...
There is no ledge to talk you off of, because I'm pretty damned sure our offense would be smokin' if Russell just ran it his way on the field.

Agreed and there in lies the problem

Anthony!

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":k3l3t7nc said:
Hawks46":k3l3t7nc said:

This is part of why we should always try to go deep throughout a game. Panicking defenders, ESPECIALLY with the new rule emphases in place this year.

Hawks46":k3l3t7nc said:
Not even a thought. It's a guarantee. We are in the midst of Bulgering/Carring/countless-other-good-QB-prospects-ing our QB. The question is, can we fix it before it's too late?

Given everything the before it is to late could be next year, will this cost us any chance of resigning him? It might.

C-HAWK84

Reaction score
I think the passing has two issues....
First is RW is 5'11" trying to see over linemen that 6'4" range. This causes him to be hesitant off the snap, so be can see between linemen. The hesitation leads to breakdowns so RW scrambles. His down field awareness comes in great here. But if they contain him in the pocket he struggles to and gets hit more. (Rewatch the dallas game, really pay attention to his actions off the snap. He was acting panicky)
The second problem is his decisions he makes before the snap (either misreads or bad audibles) which leave him in a bad spot to make a deep pass.

After rewatching that game (which was very hard to do) it seemed as though RW had no clue what dallas was going to run D wise. That is not normal for him. I see a lot of blame going to OC for use of Percy, but Percy is not a deep ball wr (bubbles and jets were getting a lil old though). I hate that we spent so much on getting Percy just to have him be traded (for a shitty deal), but may be a good thing. Back to the Tate days style of play and finally be able to see if the rookies can make something of themselves.

RW stays calm and makes pocket passes, Angry Doug tears up the field, Lynch goes Beast Mode a couple times and the Legion finally goes BOOM! 31-16 SEAHAWKS!

Latest posts