I still see an 8-1 start from this team

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Next four:

vs. Tennessee
at Arizona (TNF)
at St. Louis (MNF)
vs. Tampa Bay

The loss today is frustrating, but 4-1 after that really challenging start to the year? I'll take it.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Its a good start, when you put things in perspective. I'm proud of this team where weve come from, that being said, theres lots of work still ahead.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Yeah, they're about to go on a big run (they should). 4-1 is a huge start considering the schedule, but they have a lot of work to do before Atlanta, SF and NOLA. They should end up at 8-1 though, there's plenty to look forward to. Its just a bummer to talk about when you had a chance to win a game and blew it

bestfightstory

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":d8y3orso said:
Yeah, they're about to go on a big run (they should). 4-1 is a huge start considering the schedule, but they have a lot of work to do before Atlanta, SF and NOLA. They should end up at 8-1 though, there's plenty to look forward to. Its just a bummer to talk about when you had a chance to win a game and blew it

And that's just it. Thought before the game we have a great chance to be 9-0. Now think we HAD a great chance to be 9-0. It's disappointing, but I'm still freaking stoked.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
8-1 is still really possible. 4 very winnable games.

When you looked at the schedule before the season, didn't most of you assume we'd drop either Houston or Indy, or both? I did. 2-1 on the road so far, I'll take it.

JOz56

Reaction score
This is how I see it. Hell I thought we'd have been 3-2 at this point. We got this.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Farming wins out of wimps doesn't mean much when you get to the playoffs and play teams like the Colts.

drdiags

Reaction score
I would keep an eye on the Cardinals. They may not be playing well but they are starting to string together some wins. Titans game will give me a good feel on where this team is headed as far as the offense as well as the defense. Titans have solid fronts on both sides of the ball.

JOz56

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":28oqail0 said:
Farming wins out of wimps doesn't mean much when you get to the playoffs and play teams like the Colts.

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":23yipx7g said:
Next four:

vs. Tennessee
at Arizona (TNF)
at St. Louis (MNF)
vs. Tampa Bay

The loss today is frustrating, but 4-1 after that really challenging start to the year? I'll take it.

I will be surprised if we are not 8-1 after 9 games. Today's loss has to be kept in perspective. Visiting team in back to back road games, minus 3 O-linemen and blocking TE against playoff team with stud QB on an early start time.

You're supposed to just hope to be competitive in the above scenario. We were definitely that..and then some. I am also frustrated, but more on account of the injuries than the active members of the team. I think the disposition of the players (on the ride home) should be positive. If anyone thought we were going to go undefeated, they are not paying enough attention to history.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":4ctuyppm said:

Except if we get to play at home...then there is probably a 80% chance we make the superbowl

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
HawkWow":1jcxnga6 said:
Hasselbeck":1jcxnga6 said:
Next four:

vs. Tennessee
at Arizona (TNF)
at St. Louis (MNF)
vs. Tampa Bay

I will be surprised if we are not 8-1 after 9 games. Today's loss has to be kept in perspective. Visiting team in back to back road games, minus 3 O-linemen and blocking TE against playoff team with stud QB on an early start time.

You're supposed to just hope to be competitive in the above scenario. We were definitely that..and then some. I am also frustrated, but more on account of the injuries than the active members of the team. I think the disposition of the players (on the ride home) should be positive. If anyone thought we were going to go undefeated, they are not paying enough attention to history.

Im not too worried about 1 loss. I just hope we can get to 8-1 or 7-2 and then get back alot of our offense so we can start to get hot and peak at the right time.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
JOz56":3vl1xq7p said:
WindCityHawk":3vl1xq7p said:

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine.

Just saying, ask the '07 Patriots what they think of all their regular season wins.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
1 loss to an AFC team is no big deal if we improve and learn from this. If we keep playing at the level we are now? We will lose at home to the Saints, on the road to the Cards and get smoked by the neeners at their house. We have to get healthy on the Oline and the D cant disappear like they did today in the second half. All fixable if we can get healthy. I have not seen us play like were capable so far this season.

Erebus

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":3uidyo8v said:

Farming wins out of wimps can get you HFA, and nobody is beating us at home.

I'm choosing to stay positive after this loss. Our biggest concern coming into the game was the o-line, and they played well considering the circumstances. I don't think we created any new concerns on other parts of the team.

Sure it sucks to lose, but this game doesn't tell me that we can't beat a team like the Colts.

It was technically one of the two least important games of the year, since it was an out of conference road game. We have a soft part of the schedule coming up, and then we should be at full strength when we start facing good teams again. 15-1 or 14-2 and HFA is still likely.

I expect us to heat up over the second half of the year, just like last year. I don't think we've peaked yet, which is amazing considering our record.

pmedic920

Reaction score
No reason for us to be down. Yes this loss hurt a little. This still could easily be a 13 win team. Extra effort and a few calls in our favor, we win 14 or even 15. GoHawks.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":ynj7grrt said:

Some of the greatest dynasties in football have farmed their terrible divisions for 6-8 easy wins a year during their runs lol.

HawkWow

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2rhgojat said:
We only have two teams to be concerned about for the rest of the regular season. Saints (at our house) and @ 49ers. We're going 14-2, or 15-1.

Then suddenly, seemingly from out of nowhere, a voice of reason.

This is a fine football team. Show me the *best team ever and I'll show you a team with a number in the L column. *I don't consider the '72 'phins the best team ever.

Twice in the last month this team faced adversity. They learned they could come back to win when playing from behind. That built character. Teams that win superbowls have such character. This team will learn a lesson from today as well. Better we learn from our mistakes now, and against an AFC team, than later against Atl, N.O. or SF. Pete the professor is the guru of putting such things into perspective. We will be fine.