I still see an 8-1 start from this team

hawker84

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":3ms6b3qt said:
Farming wins out of wimps doesn't mean much when you get to the playoffs and play teams like the Colts.

I hear what you're saying but disagree, out of all the playoff potential teams in the AFC, I am less scared of the Colts than any of them..

Questionable officiating - check
blocked FG for a td - check
TD wiped off the board and ruled a safety - check

all that and we still were in that game. it was obvious to me, Seattle was the better team, taking nothing away from Luck, he was outstanding, but we barely loss to them on the road with all those obsticales. If that game was at home or at a neutral site, we win..

hawker84

Reaction score
w00t":uyp7jg7q said:
Let's hope we don't end up like the 2012 Cardinals.. won the first 4 games then went on a 10 game losing streak or something.

Not sure if serious????? :34853_doh:

12thManNorth

Reaction score
I was frustrated as hell watching all the missed opportunities in that game yesterday. Yea there were a couple bad calls but we also got one in our favour on the turnover on a clear hit to the head on Clem's strip sack. The way our secondary plays leaves us vulnerable to the zebra's throwing PI calls on every single play almost. We probably get away with more contact than any team in the NFL in our secondary, so I really don't think we have much to complain about there. For every penalty called on the secondary, there's probably 4-5 that aren't called. We do what the San Antonio Spurs have done in basketball for so many years, have a physical defensive style where they basically foul on every play and then can't believe it when it gets called.

The way I look at it, we were missing 5 starters on offence, played like crap, and still only lost by 6 on the road to one of the best teams in the AFC. Just 3 years ago, we would've lost that game by 30 points.

Looking at the remaining schedule, there's only 3 really tough games left @ATL, vs NO, @SF. We'll be heavily favoured in the other 8. Reading about the dejection in the locker room after the game, I see this loss starting us off on a huge roll. They got reminded about the pain felt in ATL last year and I think this wll rejuvenate their hunger after a long string of national publicity and wins (8-0 incl preseason). Some comments from the players seemed to indicate exactly this as well.

Everybody breathe, we'll be just fine

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdiags":237biol7 said:
I would keep an eye on the Cardinals. They may not be playing well but they are starting to string together some wins. Titans game will give me a good feel on where this team is headed as far as the offense as well as the defense. Titans have solid fronts on both sides of the ball.
As usual, I agree with the good Doc here. Cards defense played well vs. Panthers yesterday. Granted it was at home but we saw last year in game 1 what they are capable of. Tennessee is a pretty good team too, even with Suckpatrick at QB (name comes from having him in fantasy a few years back LOL). If the Hawks are to get HFA, they really do need to win the next 4. I also think 13-3 (with a win over the 'Aints) gets HFA.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":9fglw6q9 said:
The loss today is frustrating, but 4-1 after that really challenging start to the year? I'll take it.

It's a good frustrating. I'll explain;

Bad Frustrating: Right now the Giants, Steelers, Texans, Redskins, and even the Pats to an extent are a bad frustrating. Meaning their fanbases know that their teams are on a slow decline (some fast declines), and there's nothing that they can do about it. Being eternally 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, etc is bad frustrating because you know you don't have a chance to win a SB anytime soon. Rebuilding is bad frustrating.

Good Frustrating: Things like bad calls, bad luck bounces, normally dependable play from your defensive backs, injuries, etc that WILL be fixed and remedied.