If Marshawn retires, I want..

two dog

Reaction score
The running back position becoming obsolete ? Wow, maybe Marshawn should retire
since his position is going away. Just messing with you man.

I think, regardless of diminishing position relevance, that both Gordon and Gurley will
be long gone when the Seahawks pick. Tevin Coleman (Indiana) should be available
if they wish and he's a damn good running back. Jay Ajayi (Boise State) is an option
a little later.

Some of the RBs from today's Senior bowl looked pretty good too. The Cobb kid (Minn.)
had a good day as well as a couple of others.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
two dog":2m2s43u5 said:
The running back position becoming obsolete ? Wow, maybe Marshawn should retire
since his position is going away. Just messing with you man.

I think, regardless of diminishing position relevance, that both Gordon and Gurley will
be long gone when the Seahawks pick. Tevin Coleman (Indiana) should be available
if they wish and he's a damn good running back. Jay Ajayi (Boise State) is an option
a little later.

Some of the RBs from today's Senior bowl looked pretty good too. The Cobb kid (Minn.)
had a good day as well as a couple of others.
That Cobb kid of the Gophers caused Ohio State absolute fits when they played..I liked his game and he attacks at the line like Beast but can bounce out..I wouldn't be dissapointed if we got him.I don't think everyones favs will be there when we pick..

getnasty

Reaction score
I want me some CMike next year, that dude is explosive.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
... a more balanced offense. (But Marshawn, please come back. Want to see Beastquake 3, 4, 5, etc.)

I understand if a team has a back like Marshawn Lynch, it's a run-oriented offense. I don't mean to suggest the offense isn't balanced, but there's definitely room for improvement on offense. So, esp if Marshawn retires... perhaps mixing it up would lead to less 3 and outs. Obviously, it all works together. The defense can play up to it's potential if the offense can do it's part in the "time of possession" area. Hopefully that leads to more scoring as well as an offense that is able to get it going earlier in the game.

Turbin, Michael, Coleman can be effective. David Johnson (N. Iowa) would be a nice addition and he's a good kick returner as well.

Dang3Russ

Reaction score
Gordon and Gurley are amazing RB's, but take a look at Devonte Booker. There is a reason they call him "Baby Marshawn". Very similar style and think he has the physical attributes to make it in the NFL.

With that being said, Turbin and CMike made some big strides last season and can prove to be a RB1/RB2 with the team in the future.

There is no Marshawn replacement though .... I really hope he comes back for one more year! 28 to 29 is the peak in the NFL!

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Todd Gurley, hands down.

Even if Marshawn doesn't retire, if we're sitting here on draft day ... and Gurley is somehow still on the board at #31 ... I think that it's going to be extremely hard for Schneider and Carroll to pass on him.